ADVERTISEMENT

MLB All-Time Draft Round 2 GuyFromKY vs. Dontworryboutit23

Who wins H2H in a Best of 7 World Series Format?

• GuyFromKY

• Dontworryaboutit23

Results are only viewable after voting.

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
This is Round 2 of an All-Time MLB Draft. 8 Position players... 4 Starting Pitchers.. 1 Closer (No Bench)

Objective: Head 2 Head which team wins in a best of 7 (World Series)

Rules
1. Babe Ruth and Shohei Ohtani can only be used as either a pitcher or position player.
2. Arguments are based on career averages (No 1 year wonders)
3. Two Days of voting you will be allowed to change your pick and your pick is public.

Link to Playoffs click here

@GuyFromKY - Joe DiMaggio, Johnny Bench, Steve Carlton, Mariano Rivera, Ernie Banks, Shohei Ohtani, Eddie Collins, Nolan Arenado, Willie McCovey, Jacob Degrom, Willie Stargell, Ronald Acuna Jr, Mordecai Brown

vs.

@Dontworryboutit23 - Hank Aaron, Cy Young, Roger Clemens, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr, Mike Piazza, Dave Winfield, Andre Dawson, Tom Glavine, Jeff Bagwell, Jeff Kent, Bert Blyleven, Robb Nen

1. Chipper jones
2. Cal Ripken Jr
3. Mike piazza
4. Hank Aaron
5. Jeff bagwell
6. Dave Winfield
7. Andre Dawson
8. Jeff kent
9. Pitcher spot

Starting rotation
Game 1- Roger Clemens
Game 2- cy young
Game 3- Tom glavine
Game 4- Bert byllven
Closer- Robb Nen
My rotation is solid all four in a playoff scenario would be a nightmare matchup
- on the lineup, I have a lot of pop and power and a lot of guys you can’t walk and avoid pitching too
And with my first two two hitter in Ripken and Dawson, both have good career batting average and on base percentages which is what you want, speed may be a issue but both those guys are faster than given credit for. 3-7, in the lineup are all good hitters, and with jones & Aaron can’t hit any pitch and do just about anything batting wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueheart32
1. Cal Ripken jr- BA 276%, OBP.340%
2. Andre Dawson- OBP.323
3. Chipper Jones
4. Hank Aaron
5. Mike Piazza
6. Dave Winfield
7. Jeff bagwell
8. Jeff kent
9. Pitcher spot

Starting rotation
Game 1- Roger Clemens
Game 2- cy young
Game 3- Tom glavine
Game 4- Bert byllven
Closer- Robb Nen
My rotation is solid all four in a playoff scenario would be a nightmare matchup
- on the lineup, I have a lot of pop and power and a lot of guys you can’t walk and avoid pitching too
And with my first two two hitter in Ripken and Dawson, both have good career batting average and on base percentages which is what you want, speed may be a issue but both those guys are faster than given credit for. 3-7, in the lineup are all good hitters, and with jones & Aaron can’t hit any pitch and do just about anything batting wise.
Those are not good OBP by Ripken and Dawson. I thought you would lead off with Chipper, not sure but think his was more like .370’s or .380’s.

It’s a tougher pick than the voting suggests. But hard to overcome that bad Acuna pick. You replace him with Simmons, Williams or Kiner, and might could have won.

It’s a tougher pick than the voting suggests. But hard to overcome that bad Acuna pick. You replace him with Simmons, Williams or Kiner, and might could have won.
Wanted to take someone who makes good contact and has decent power who can also be aggressive on the bases and get some stolen bases. Wasn’t the best pick, but RF was my next to last pick and felt he added a dimension to my team I was lacking.

I also want to remind everyone that pitchers hit and I have Ohtani who is hitting .267 average and has 46 and 34 home runs over the past two years, Carlton who has a .201 average, deGrom who has a .204 average, and Mordecai Brown who has a .206 average. Not great but that’s solid for a pitching rotation. Also have Rivera who is a shutdown closer, the best to ever close.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Also, Acuna’s OPS career average is .893 with a career batting average of .282. Plus he is very strong defensively.

With Piazza behind the plate, who was known for his hitting and definitely not his throwing ability where 77% of steal attempts were successful against him, I will be aggressive on the base paths.

Pitching Rotation
Carlton G1, G5
Brown G2, G6
Ohtani G3, G7
deGrom G4

Rivera-Closer

I also want to remind everyone that pitchers hit and I have Ohtani who is hitting .267 average and has 46 and 34 home runs over the past two years, Carlton who has a .201 average, deGrom who has a .204 average, and Mordecai Brown who has a .206 average. Not great but that’s solid for a pitching rotation. Also have Rivera who is a shutdown closer, the best to ever close.
Good to point out Ohtani will be hitting. That might be enough to get him the win in his game(s) if he is close to as good as the other SP.

1. Chipper jones
2. Cal Ripken Jr
3. Mike piazza
4. Hank Aaron
5. Jeff bagwell
6. Dave Winfield
7. Andre Dawson
8. Jeff kent
9. Pitcher spot

Starting rotation
Game 1- Roger Clemens
Game 2- cy young
Game 3- Tom glavine
Game 4- Bert byllven
Closer- Robb Nen
Lot of power in that lineup against any pitching staff

It would be fun for everyone to name their teams and see what kind of clever names and mascots we would see!

Someone voted after the cutoff that would have tied it again. Super close series, walk-off Joe Carter close.

What could that super team have looked like (picking this team was even tough)?

1-Collins-2b
2-DiMaggio-cf
3-Aaron-lf
4-Banks-ss
5-Bench-c
6-Bagwell-1b
7-Dawson-rf
8-Arenado-3b

sp-Clemens, CY, Carlton, Glavine
rp-Rivera

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT