ADVERTISEMENT

MJ has mentioned possibile invite of the new UofL BB coach to be on KSR radio show . Should he ?

Our heart says yes, cause Matts hatred of UL would ultimately come out and he'd throw shots, which is good and funny. .

But the brain says no, because its publicity for UL on our platform. And if an arguement breaks out, or he says something wild, it'll make national news...which will obviously benefit UL.

So No.

Reactions: EliteBlue
You don’t invite him on to talk about UofL basketball but the UK/louisville rivalry. Sure he would get some air time in but seriously a lot of ksr listeners are already plugged in to Louisville in some form anyway. I think it would be a great slap in the face to cal who has snubbed the show and its fans by inviting the rival coach. Anything that’s an FU to cal I’m for. Sign me up!!!!!

OT: Did you see this article about how KP is making more to not be UofL’s coach than the new coach is making? https://www.aseaofblue.com/2024/4/2...sketball-paying-kenny-payne-pat-kelsey-buyout

Initial impression of the potential radio appearance: I don’t know how I would feel about the coach of our arch rival being interviewed. On the other hand, agree it might pressure Cal to repair goodwill toward the UK fanbase.

Hell no.

Looks like Jones floating out an opportunity to establish a ul show similar to ksr?

Cal has 5 ul coaches’ scalps on his belt. His domination forced ul to cheat.

Don’t legitimize or help them. Makes me wonder why even entertain the idea.

Matt Jones better be careful. However long it took him to build up his following, he could lose it just as fast. He’s already pissed a portion of the fanbase off with his constant negativity towards Cal, whether deserved or not. If he goes kowtowing to the Louisville Head Coach, that won’t sit too well with a larger segment of the fanbase. It would be an incredibly stupid move.

Matt Jones better be careful. However long it took him to build up his following, he could lose it just as fast. He’s already pissed a portion of the fanbase off with his constant negativity towards Cal, whether deserved or not. If he goes kowtowing to the Louisville Head Coach, that won’t sit too well with a larger segment of the fanbase. It would be an incredibly stupid move.
"whether deserved or not"

huh

It'll be great radio regardless.
I bet it's not. It's just going to be those two yelling milquetoast insults at same time a hundred miles an hour. I like Matt's show. But he's not funny. He tries too hard when it's just him and drew. It'll be the same way here. Hey Shannon, Did you like it when I called it the Bum Arena. I'm sure their coach references St Peter's in a unfunny way too.

Thanks for the input Brad.

I also think he should. If anything it's one person we can all rally against. I'd personally love it if Pat Kelsey said, "He's ready to beat Kentucky and Cal knows it." Might give Cal some motivation to actually do something ok instead of being delusional and in denial.

I think Matt wants to run for state-wide office (no comment on his views) and a requirement of winning would be not having everyone in Louisville hate him. I think he’s been trying to turn down the nastiness and play up the fun aspects of the rivalry for a while in order to do this. Basically changing his tone with Louisville. This could be part of that

I also think he should. If anything it's one person we can all rally against. I'd personally love it if Pat Kelsey said, "He's ready to beat Kentucky and Cal knows it." Might give Cal some motivation to actually do something ok instead of being delusional and in denial.
Yeah right. The Oakland coach basically went on air thanking the committee for matching them up with us and Cal just pissed down his leg in fear of losing.

Cal is washed!

As a couple others alluded to or stated, it’s nothing more than a ploy by Matt to try to get Cal on. By flirting with the idea Matt is was trying to see if it would sway Cal. It didn’t. I highly doubt Matt will have Kelsey on. I think it would be a bad move all around. But I don’t blame him for floating it out to see if it would work to get Cal.

Yes please, it would be nice to hear a coach that is passionate and wants to win. Maybe it will wake up the last of the remaining Cal cult that still thinks that dinosaur is capable of leading.

Beating UL is the only thing Calipari is already consistently good at. I doubt it would help UK otherwise though.

I vote no because I can't stand Louisville and I think it would give their Coach a platform and free air time to promote his program. What say you ?
he made a "vote" for this?
wtf
He is so good on ESPN... but most things brought here about KSR; it sounds more like a podcast

I could probably list five reasons he should make the invite and five why he shouldn't.

Regardless, as a poster said above, it's good radio.

Reactions: TM2013
It feels like a FU to Cal and UK by KSR. Can't get Cal on anymore so we'll get the UL coach who just so happens to be acting like a superfan since he got hired. I don't think it's a great decision.
I feel exactly the same. It is killing Matt's ego is the only reason he's doing it.

Absolutely he should. The people criticizing him for doing it would criticize him if he didn’t do it. Matt Jones basically permanently owns a time share in the haters brains.

Reactions: TM2013
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT