ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch Barnhart Interview(Notes)

DColdestt

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2023
I know a ton of you probably couldn't listen and most likely didn't want to,so I listened and wrote down what was said.

Good guy and personality.

-Talked with a ton of "basketball junkies" who said he would be a good hire

-Embraces Kentucky.

-Loves the offense he runs. Started listing off the offensive stats BYU averaged last season.

-Pope talks with NBA guys and adds stuff in that NBA guys use.

-The defense is similar to the 96 team. High press all the time.

-Confirmed that he already has 4 million pledged NIL.

-2 recruits Mark Pope tried talking to at BYU wouldn't even talk because it's BYU,but they've reached out already and said they would play for him at Kentucky

-Says that more people are reaching out and wanting to get involved in donating more money for the NIL pool.

-Talking about the interview. Mitch said he walked in and the first thing he said was "thank you for this opportunity for an interview this place changed my life."

-Admits the athletic department has been a bit lackful,but is hoping that this fresh start can help them get rejuvenated.

-Press conference will be in Rupp Arena. Sunday seems like the day it'll happen. Open to the public.

-The Process moved quickly because the dead period ended. He didn't feel like he could wait any longer. Wants Mark to hit the portal quickly.

- Says he hopes current players/recruits will hear Pope out before making a decision,but it's completely up to Pope on how he wants his roster constructed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News