ADVERTISEMENT

Miss St Starters Out Today

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Didn’t realize we hadn’t beaten MSU in Starkville since 2008. Wild

I predict a win, but will be tough as there is no film on the backup qb.
Miss St QB Mike Wright put up 300+ yards total O on UK in CWS and a W last year as Vandy's QB. There's ample film if they decide to look.

Yes, there is plenty of film on Wright, and it has been made well known our coaches have been planning on facing him. Wright is probably more dangerous for our defense in this game than Will Rogers although both are dangerous. I think it boils down to this. If we blow a bunch of coverage assignments and miss a bunch of tackles like we have during the last several weeks, it won't matter whether it is Wright or Rogers. We just can't win SEC games that way. But if our defense is well prepared for this game and tackles effectively, then we win regardless of MS St's personnel. We have the more talented team in this game, but injuries are taking a toll and we sure can't keep shooting ourselves in both feet.

Reactions: mrschwump
Yes, there is plenty of film on Wright, and it has been made well known our coaches have been planning on facing him. Wright is probably more dangerous for our defense in this game than Will Rogers although both are dangerous. I think it boils down to this. If we blow a bunch of coverage assignments and miss a bunch of tackles like we have during the last several weeks, it won't matter whether it is Wright or Rogers. We just can't win SEC games that way. But if our defense is well prepared for this game and tackles effectively, then we win regardless of MS St's personnel. We have the more talented team in this game, but injuries are taking a toll and we sure can't keep shooting ourselves in both feet.
Last game at Starkville Rogers went apey. That was Leach calling plays for that game and Rogers dealing to perfection, with the help of UK's soft D. Rogers broke the SEC single game record for consecutive completions, seems like he had 17 straight, then a miss and 18 straight! Those were Air Raid dinks and dunks but completions none the less. So Rogers broke the SEC record for consecutive completions TWICE.....IN THE SAME GAME! Don't recall the final numbers but Rogers was something like 37 of 40.

History doesn’t bold well for KY in this game. Backup QB’s have torched us many times over the years and KY seems to trash talk more then execute and play football. They lose today they lose out the rest of the way.

The backups will have career-best games without a doubt. Let's hope Leary, Davis and Deone all do the same!
You are so correct. Always happens and the subs will look like all Americans. Never fails.

History doesn’t bold well for KY in this game. Backup QB’s have torched us many times over the years and KY seems to trash talk more then execute and play football. They lose today they lose out the rest of the way.
That's true but Mike Wright isn't your normal backup, experienced SEC QB.

I’m really trying to not be pessimistic but we usually play awful down there plus we’re facing a mobile quarterback and we usually struggle with that too.

Msu isn't any good. I have a feeling UK wins tonight. Win tonight and should be 7 and 4 going into the finale, which isn't as winnable as I thought. Beating a ranked UL would be a nice finish to season though.

Reactions: seccats04
Msu isn't any good. I have a feeling UK wins tonight. Win tonight and should be 7 and 4 going into the finale, which isn't as winnable as I thought. Beating a ranked UL would be a nice finish to season though.
Kentucky isn’t good either. The defense is non existent now, and Kentucky struggles against running QBs

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I’m really trying to not be pessimistic but we usually play awful down there plus we’re facing a mobile quarterback and we usually struggle with that too.
When your D is essentially playing against air you're creating problems for yourself.

You're insufferable. Our rushing D is #28, total D is #58. We've lost 3 games to 3 ranked SEC teams.

Are you the president or vp of our football LOD.

We are giving up 32.8 points n sec play. That's not good or close to it. The total D ranking is pretty average and you didn't post the passing D numbers for some reason.

The D is definitely in existence but it's not the existence we hoped for pre season. Still think we win msu and SC and probably UL.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I think we're over-exageratting UK struggles vs. mobile QB
1. AR15, and the Florida QB before him were mobile and we held up fine.
2. Mizzou had the former Clemson QB and UK held up fine
3. UL QBs ....Cunningham, that Puma scrub, etc... all moved with their feet and we have destroyed them.

We do fine vs. mobile QBs that don't throw much. And last year Vandy scored 21 pts....it's not like they scored 30 pts on us.

We are giving up 32.8 points n sec play. That's not good or close to it. The total D ranking is pretty average and you didn't post the passing D numbers for some reason.

The D is definitely in existence but it's not the existence we hoped for pre season. Still think we win msu and SC and probably UL.
Pass D seems young and inexperienced. Its the main reason we're not winning more than we are. You said our entire defense wasn't good, I was just giving you some stats.

I can live with 8-4.

Pass D seems young and inexperienced. Its the main reason we're not winning more than we are. You said our entire defense wasn't good, I was just giving you some stats.

I can live with 8-4.

That wasn't even me but ok. The overall defense isn't good. I'll say mediocre and pretty below average in sec action.

I can live with 8 and 4 as well.

It will be devoid of any quality wins other that one team u, me and everyone else on here says sucks and hasn't played anyone if we end up 8 and 4 but got to play the schedule in front of you.

8-4 was my original prediction. But I think it’s going to be very difficult to get there now. I’m hoping for 7-5 at this point.

That wasn't even me but ok. The overall defense isn't good. I'll say mediocre and pretty below average in sec action.

It will be devoid of any quality wins other that one team u, me and everyone else on here says sucks and hasn't played anyone if we end up 8 and 4 but got to play the schedule in front of you.
Sorry, I don't click like I used too. I may have given you a hard time when I shouldn't have.

Yeah, I meant that for dontworryboutit.

You're insufferable. Our rushing D is #28, total D is #58. We've lost 3 games to 3 ranked SEC teams.

Are you the president or vp of our football LOD.
And that rush D got torched last week by Tennessee, some of you all just won’t look in the mirror and accept what is right there in front of you. Kentucky isn’t very good, you can’t keep giving them the benefit of the doubt every time. And I like how insufferable because I disagree with you

Knew you were not a real fan
Oh yeah I’m not a real fan because I’m honest about the team. The ones on here that have a superiority complex because they choose not to care where the program is are hilarious. You got beat by 17 at home to a program you should beat,
Tennessee beats Kentucky every year and it’s the same thing everytime. But I’m not a real fan because i don’t like losing 3 straight game 2 at home, I’m not a fan because I expect them to lose in a place stoops has never won in his career at UK. Giving me a damn break with the superiority complex shit, root for Kentucky, but stop acting better because you choose to ignore stuff.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT