ADVERTISEMENT

Mid Major Madness Monday 3-6-23 games

HenryMuto

All-American
Mar 31, 2012
Geneva, Ohio
Hofstra the #1 seed in the CAA is gone losing in OT to UNC Wilmington 79-73

Oral Roberts a heavy favorite over 2nd year division 1 transitional school St Thomas of Minnesota has trailed most of the game after going 28-4 (18-0) but has had a little burst to take a 8 point lead with 3 mins left. I know most of you know Max Abmas from 2021 fame NCAA tournament but they also have a 7 foot 5 inch Center who has 17 pts tonight.

Furman leads Chattanooga 63-56 with 8 mins left. Last year Furman led in OT by 2 when Chatt hit a 30 footer at the buzzer to win they want payback.

#1 seed Youngstown State trailed 40-25 at the half vs Northern Kentucky as YSU has never made the big dance.

#2 seed Louisiana trying to hold off upstart #8 seed South Alabama 63-59 with 5 mins left

I'm watching all of them plus gonna catch the Sacramento Kings game late. Monk and Fox have been a nice show late night 🌙.

Louisiana was clinging to a 2 point lead with under 1 minute left on South Alabama as South Alabama sent their best FT shooter 83% to the line he made the first missed the 2nd.......then Louisiana sank a 10 footer to lead by 3 now with 27 seconds left.

The Monday/Tuesday always brings it with Mid Major action in champ week

South Alabama cuts it to 67-66 with 13 seconds left 84% FT going to the line for Louisiana for 1 and 1

He hits the 1st the lead is 2 and he hits the 2nd lead is 3 with 13 seconds left.

Looks like YSU won't be making the dance for the first time.

Looks like a long night for me as Cleveland State is up next to play Milwaukee who swept them this year yet somehow CSU is a 2.5 point favorite.

Fire up the coffee except I don't drink coffee...........this is going to be a Midnight night hopefully CSU pays it off for me.

Charleston takes the floor against Towson State. Charleston with just 3 losses on the year but almost zero chance to get at large bid they must win tonight and tomorrow to go dancing.

They are pretty much a lock to be a 12 seed so there would be a shot if we worked our way up to a 5.
They were a 15 seed last year, weren't they? 12 seed seems high for their conference. Edit: I see both Bracket Matrix and Lunardi have them projected as a 12 seed. Is there really that much of a difference between this year and their typical seeding?

Last edited:
They were a 15 seed last year, weren't they? 12 seed seems high for their conference. Edit: I see both Bracket Matrix and Lunardi have them projected as a 12 seed. Is there really that much of a difference between this year and their typical seeding?
They were a 15 in 2021 they didn't make it last year.

They were 16-10 in 2021

If they win tomorrow they will be 30-4 and currently have a NET of 42. Their conference is weak but they have beat the crap out of them. 20-0 heading into the finals.

CSU 38-18 but CSU also has a tendency to blow big leads and make it interesting so I am not comfortable at all.
Ouch our best player just picked up his 3rd foul on a charge. Mother !@#!@# that hurts.

And there is the run I was afraid of from 44-20 to 44-28 with our best players all in foul trouble. Would be a crushing loss to be up 24 and lose.

Charleston right around that 12 seed range too.
Yep because a 12 seed means you are not good enough to get at large but are the best of the mid majors.

Now there is an outside chance they could get an 11 if they make it only because that means they would be 29-3 Div 1 record. I would guess 12 though.

Here comes Towson though lead cut from 13 to 7

Charleston survives go figure their player got fouled down 1 from 3 and he air balls the first FT then goes on to make like 6 in a row to seal it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT