ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis NIL fedex

Haha what a waste of money for FedEx. It is like purchasing a Porsche engine for a Ford Fiesta.
No, its like purchasing a porsche engine and having enough left over to buy whatever body you want to convert it to.

I wouldn't waste my money on that junk in the first place. The car not the school.

No, its like purchasing a porsche engine and having enough left over to buy whatever body you want to convert it to.

I wouldn't waste my money on that junk in the first place. The car not the school.
Nope, just like I said it. Unless Penny is replaced by a good coach, I doubt getting great players will elevate that program.

Memphis has Fed Ex. Oregon has Nike, Arkansas has Tyson, Seems like a lot of schools have the backing of some behemoth corporation, yet Kentucky has the Crafts and not a ton else in regards to big donors. Which is sad considering our rich basketball history.

LOU gonna try to get UPS on board now I’m sure with the air hub being in their backyard. Maybe Lexmark can throw some coins our way.

Dam. This is going to get ridiculous lol
I can't believe it. This modest amateur sport used to be played in front of 23000 fans with every game televised on their own networks with coaches making 6 million dollars who have weekly call in shows, and multi million dollar practice facilities and private jets and exclusive shoe contracts, sponsored banks and breakfast sausage, that trademarked March madness.

But today, today it's officially getting out of hand

Well we have the horse racing industry and the liquor industry but they are gambling and alcohol. I don't know if athletes are allowed to do anything with those via NIL.
It may have to be closed door donations to apps from those industries.
What I'm saying is we got money but we have to go about it a different way then say FedEx or somebody.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
If FedEx's NIL donation/finance department is anything like their shipping logistics department, it will bounce off several banks in Russia, China, Africa, Europe and the West Coast before it ends up being lost or stolen.

Bought a house a few years ago…in the first two years I bet we got 8-9 FedEx packages intended for the previous owners, who only moved 10 miles away.

The crazy part is that the previous owner’s new address was on all the labels. Apparently the old address was still in the system, so they kept dropping packages.

I caught them twice on the truck before they left stuff with me and made them keep it. Once, the driver seemed very confused as he looked over the package in the back of his truck. I assume he noticed the wrong address, but was going to leave it anyway since his system sent him to my house.

Oh yeah, FedEx also would never come pick up the packages they left. Have had to contact the previous owners to come get stuff numerous times.

Bought a house a few years ago…in the first two years I bet we got 8-9 FedEx packages intended for the previous owners, who only moved 10 miles away.

The crazy part is that the previous owner’s new address was on all the labels. Apparently the old address was still in the system, so they kept dropping packages.

I caught them twice on the truck before they left stuff with me and made them keep it. Once, the driver seemed very confused as he looked over the package in the back of his truck. I assume he noticed the wrong address, but was going to leave it anyway since his system sent him to my house.

Oh yeah, FedEx also would never come pick up the packages they left. Have had to contact the previous owners to come get stuff numerous times.
FedEx is the worst. I will intentionally avoid any type of online purchases if FedEx is the shipper, unless there is absolutely no other way to avoid it, and yes I will pay more for something as long as FedEx isn't involved.

I purchased something that was supposed to be overnighted through FedEx from Memphis, the items location started in Memphis. It was a time sensitive item I needed quick, an automobile part, hence paying extra fro overnight shipping. Came from a car dealership located in Memphis and let me say, I live in Western Kentucky and not to far from Memphis by car ride. Anyways, it gets shipped out that day and for the next week the package gets shipped from New Mexico to Oklahoma 3 or 4 times before ending up in Puerto Rico the next week and lost. Car dealership shipped another one through USPS and takes 2 days to arrive and ends up having to file a claim with FedEx, just one of many examples from me.

I can't believe it. This modest amateur sport used to be played in front of 23000 fans with every game televised on their own networks with coaches making 6 million dollars who have weekly call in shows, and multi million dollar practice facilities and private jets and exclusive shoe contracts, sponsored banks and breakfast sausage, that trademarked March madness.

But today, today it's officially getting out of hand
LOL Imagine taking the time to write out all that. Didn't read it but good for you bud. or good job or ok or whatever.

Memphis has Fed Ex. Oregon has Nike, Arkansas has Tyson, Seems like a lot of schools have the backing of some behemoth corporation, yet Kentucky has the Crafts and not a ton else in regards to big donors. Which is sad considering our rich basketball history.
Coal money has dried up.
NIL is gonna be tough for a school like UK in a small, poor state.
The fans may need to carry this with thousands of small dollar donations.
Or maybe our legislators need to pass a voluntary UK NIL tax. 🤣

Reactions: d2atTech
5 Million is pennies.... if that is also including Football, Basketball and potentially other sports.

LOU gonna try to get UPS on board now I’m sure with the air hub being in their backyard. Maybe Lexmark can throw some coins our way.
Lexmark is constantly broke. I worked there six years. Constant, unending meetings about how Epson and other people are killing us. Constant rolling layoffs. Depressing place to work.

Reactions: TX-Wildcat
This money from big corps doesn’t come without a catch, how long before we start seeing the BS app sponsorship patches on the jerseys like MLB and NBA?

If I owned individual FedEx stock I'd probably sell it due to being pissed off. What a terrible investment for a national company.
Except, a team could legit buy the right players with that kind of money to n-consecutive championships. We could be back to the 60s-70s UCLA scenario.

Except, a team could legit buy the right players with that kind of money to n-consecutive championships. We could be back to the 60s-70s UCLA scenario.
Never mind... it seems it's $5 million / year over 5 years and across the entire athletic department.
Won't make a difference.

Reactions: d2atTech
The Democratic policies have made coal lose money for the last 20 yrs.....UK used to have ties to big coal.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT