ADVERTISEMENT

Meeting with players tomorrow

If Wagner, Dillingham, Shepherd, Thiero, and Z return that's a start to a good roster. There's no way we can have 6 incoming FR with 5 returning players. We are still too young to compete against 23 year old players. Calipari need to hit the portal hard. We need 3 or 4 older guys to blend with youth...guys like Holmes (DAY), Edwards (JMU), Simpson (COL), Omoruyi (RUT)...would add what we are missing. Reeves will be really hard to replace. The FR players we have coming in are not gonna improve the roster.

No. I'm more concerned about the future of this basketball program, and bringing back guys who will help the team win but who WILL NOT WIN A TITLE under Calipari, is just a bandaid to conceal what's really going on. The only way to fix this is to completely tear it down. The basketball program at UK is what's broken. Give Cal a hug, but not for me.
So you don't want Reed shepperd to come back and play for kentucky? That's the solution? You just want to lose every game to "tear it down"? That's going great for Louisville right now.

So you don't want Reed shepperd to come back and play for kentucky? That's the solution? You just want to lose every game to "tear it down"? That's going great for Louisville right now.
Cal is never winning anything here again, so why do you think bringing back Reed is a solution? The program needs to get back to where it was when Cal actually tried to win something. Sometimes a controlled fire is what it takes to bring new growth.

Cal is never winning anything here again, so why do you think bringing back Reed is a solution? The program needs to get back to where it was when Cal actually tried to win something. Sometimes a controlled fire is what it takes to bring new growth.
So you are hoping we lose every game. ok then.

you say you want to get back to when cal actually tried to win something. But you think the way to get there is to hope everyone leaves and we lose every game? Why not hope that Reed and the core of the team return and we hit the portal and you know, we try win something? Cal will leave soon enough. Afterall he's like 70 years old and he almost got fired yesterday. You can wait for Grandpa to die and get the inheritance or you can kill him and face jail time.

I get it, you wanted cal to leave. I can roll with that. But he didn't leave, he is back and there's not anything you or I can do about it. But I will NEVER root for kentucky to lose a ballgame......EVER. You go right ahead but you're not much of a fan.

If Wagner, Dillingham, Shepherd, Thiero, and Z return that's a start to a good roster. There's no way we can have 6 incoming FR with 5 returning players. We are still too young to compete against 23 year old players. Calipari need to hit the portal hard. We need 3 or 4 older guys to blend with youth...guys like Holmes (DAY), Edwards (JMU), Simpson (COL), Omoruyi (RUT)...would add what we are missing. Reeves will be really hard to replace. The FR players we have coming in are not gonna improve the roster.
Seems like Cal could own the portal if he put all his attention on it, but he won't. Getting 19 year olds to the NBA has been the goal from day one. UK has been used like a cheap rag for going on 16 years. Tragic, honestly.

Just another thing I hate about the way Cal does things. Telling all his players to work out for the pro's and get their feedback. By the time all that is done a lot of the better portal guys are gone. NOW is the time to get the roster set as much as possible. Another example of our program being used and being put second instead of first.

Like some of you I have a feeling that Reed will return along with Thiero, and Z. Now I know none of really knows until they say they are but these would really help these freshmen coming in. Wagner I just don't see returning but like many of you have said it would help him a lot by coming back but today's young players seem to want things as fast as they can get them instead of working hard for it.
I'm 78 now and a 20 year old is still very young to me and if Z can stay one more year and improve his strength and show what he really can do would be fun to see him play BUT I just don't trust Calipari to use him correctly.

Reactions: ib4ky
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT