ADVERTISEMENT

Mayweather v. Pacquiao

May weather is the smart bet but for some reason I think Pacquiao may shock everyone. Actual boxing seems way down on Floyd's list after gambling, spending money, buying cars, etc....

I don't know who you're talking about when you refer to "Orton", but I'd rather know where Billy Walters is putting his money.

The smart bet is a draw. Huge boxing fan and it's probably going to be the case.. Mayweather has two fights left and then retiring. It goes twelve, and mayweather wins but I have a feeling Pac Man ko's him.

I have been a die hard Pacquiao fan since he was thrown in to a title fight on short notice and ended up beating Ledwaba in 2001. I have followed him ever since and bought all of his fights. I am going to be pulling for him to win as hard as I pull for UK. Really, really hope he can do it, and I think he can.

Manny beats the shat out of Pretty Boy for 10 rounds and puts him to sleep...I hope...

Mayweather already won. During the negotiations for the fight, it was decided that Floyd would get 60% of the $300 million purse. You can't call Manny a loser for only getting 40% of such a large purse. The "loser" would have to be the fans because this fight should have happened 6 or 7 years ago when these guys were in their prime. Now they are 38 and 36 and we will never know who was really better. We will only know who lost less of their skill with age.

Last edited:
I agree it would have been a much more compelling fight 6 years ago, but I still think this fight will be exciting. Boxing needs a shot in the arm to try to get some life back in to it. It will never be what it once was, but this fight could help revive the sport for a couple more years, especially if the fight is very good and close.

I agree it would have been a much more compelling fight 6 years ago, but I still think this fight will be exciting. Boxing needs a shot in the arm to try to get some life back in to it. It will never be what it once was, but this fight could help revive the sport for a couple more years, especially if the fight is very good and close.
GGG is probably the best fighter on the planet right now that's not a Klitschko and he's stated publicly he'd fight Pac or Floyd at a catchweight. Problem is he'd absolutely murder both of them.

I don't think boxing is dead. I think American interest in boxing is dead because we don't have any polarizing stars that are some of the best in the world.

Heck, Klitschko is 39 now. The only thing he is killing these days is his hot pint sized wife.
article-2451503-18A3255900000578-422_634x894.jpg

Reactions: MWes11
GGG is probably the best fighter on the planet right now that's not a Klitschko and he's stated publicly he'd fight Pac or Floyd at a catchweight. Problem is he'd absolutely murder both of them.

I don't think boxing is dead. I think American interest in boxing is dead because we don't have any polarizing stars that are some of the best in the world.
GGG is an absolute beast. Not saying boxing is dead but I think we can both agree that it is not even close to what it used to be. One main reason is the fights are so damn expensive now. Most people don't want to pay $70 for a Pacquiao vs. Algeiri fight unless you are a big boxing fan. I think they are doing a smart thing by putting some big fights on NBC now to try and get more interest.

Anyways, hope Pac destroys Saturday.

Reactions: Pope John Wall II
Rooting for Manny, but Mayweather will win a comprehensive decision.

Manny would have won 5 years ago, but has lost a lot more from his skill set since then than Floyd has. I look for a tactical fight with Floyd controlling throughout, not withstanding isolated Pac Man outbursts that get the crowd excited and look better than they actually are.

I wanna say Manny might catch him with a TKO even while losing the fight.....but I think that power is the main thing many has seen leave his arsenal.

Rooting for Manny, but Mayweather will win a comprehensive decision.

Manny would have won 5 years ago, but has lost a lot more from his skill set since then than Floyd has. I look for a tactical fight with Floyd controlling throughout, not withstanding isolated Pac Man outbursts that get the crowd excited and look better than they actually are.

I wanna say Manny might catch him with a TKO even while losing the fight.....but I think that power is the main thing many has seen leave his arsenal.
Fair and safe assessment. I think we will see a smart fight from Manny as well. He won't be taking crazy chances like the one that got him KO'd by Marquez. He might actually do some counterpunching as well. Quick in and out flurries. I still think he will be aggressive and exciting, just smarter.

GGG is an absolute beast. Not saying boxing is dead but I think we can both agree that it is not even close to what it used to be. One main reason is the fights are so damn expensive now. Most people don't want to pay $70 for a Pacquiao vs. Algeiri fight unless you are a big boxing fan. I think they are doing a smart thing by putting some big fights on NBC now to try and get more interest.

Completely agree with all of that. Primetime television for all would be a brilliant move to put it back into the limelight that it deserves. I also think a revolution of some sort needs to happen with all of the boxing associations. It's the only conglomerate of organizations in the world that makes the NCAA look like an honest, transparent company that isn't corrupt. It's disgusting the corruption that runs the boxing world today.

Also, go Pac.

Mayweather will never fight GGG. If Mayweather wins he will fight Amir Khan or he will rematch Pacman. I see Mayweather fighting until he slows down and becomes like Roy Jones.

Saw where the authorities are asking people in the Philippines to turn off appliances, etc during the fight. Guess so many TVs will be on that they're worried about the grid.

Heck, Klitschko is 39 now. The only thing he is killing these days is his hot pint sized wife.
article-2451503-18A3255900000578-422_634x894.jpg
Hayden is very pretty. if you have seen remember the Titans you saw her as a kid. Being that I'm older than here by a few years, I can't say I would do her and she's hot. It just seems way to creepy. The Olsen twins also fit that mold.

2 guys wanting to collect a check, not get hurt, and move on with their lives. Very disappointing as a fan.

2 guys wanting to collect a check, not get hurt, and move on with their lives. Very disappointing as a fan.

Not sure why anyone was surprised by this or would've expected anything different. That is how these guys fight. It's what Mayweather's notorious for, he's the ultimate defensive fighter, known for never getting hit and never getting drawn into brawling. His fights are nearly always boring by design.

Only thing remarkable here was how successful the promotional hype industry was at once again conning the public into believing they should pay big money to watch this. Seems at least 95 percent of these boxing pay per view extravaganzas end with the public complaining about being disappointed and shortchanged by the product. You'd think eventually we'd learn but, nope, the next time the same people who were complaining the last time inevitably fall for the hype again.

In this case you had two fading boxers nearing 40 who are nowhere close to what they were 5 to 10 years ago, in Pacquiao you had a guy who'd in the last couple years been beaten twice (now three times), and with one of those recent losses seeing him knocked out cold, and in Mayweather you've got a guy notorious for boring fights even when he was in prime. Yet the promotional hype machine told us THAT matchup between fading old farts was the "can't miss" BIGGEST. FIGHT. EVER!!, and the public bought it hook, line and sinker. We are a society of lemmings.

Last edited:
Not sure why anyone was surprised by this or would've expected anything different. That is how these guys fight. It's what Mayweather's notorious for, he's the ultimate defensive fighter, known for never getting hit and never getting drawn into brawling. His fights are nearly always boring by design.

Only thing remarkable here was how successful the promotional hype industry was at once again conning the public into believing they should pay big money to watch this. Seems at least 95 percent of these boxing pay per view extravaganzas end with the public complaining about being disappointed and shortchanged by the product. You'd think eventually we'd learn but, nope, the next time the same people who were complaining the last time inevitably fall for the hype again.

In this case you had two fading boxers nearing 40 who are nowhere close to what they were 5 to 10 years ago, in Pacquiao you had a guy who'd in the last couple years been beaten twice (now three times), and with one of those recent losses seeing him knocked out cold, and in Mayweather you've got a guy notorious for boring fights even when he was in prime. Yet the promotional hype machine told us THAT matchup between fading old farts was the "can't miss" BIGGEST. FIGHT. EVER!!, and the public bought it hook, line and sinker. We are a society of lemmings.

Can't argue with that. I have seen Mayweather enough to know what he does and he always bores to tears. Boxing has been dead for so long for multiple reasons and I was interested because of the hype and five year controversy amongst the two. However, last night, I did not buy it or even watch it. I made the choice to have dinner with the wife and friends and I'm glad I did. I am $100 richer for it and know to never ever buy a boxing PPV.

Not that UFC is perfect by any stretch but they were the real winner last night.

$100 for PPV. One of the local restaurant owners said they inquired about showing the fight and the cost was $6,000 for a restaurant/bar. They declined. I heard that Hooter's was charging $30 just to get in the door and $100 for up front seats.

A few of my buddies came to the house and we all threw in and ordered it.

I wasnt expecting much of a brawl because I know Mayweather's game is not getting hit. I was shocked at how much of a pussy he was when he did actually take a hit. All he would do is cover up and stand there until Pac ran out of juice and backed up.

ADVERTISEMENT