ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe the NIL answer is simple for the NCAA?

gamalielkid

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2002
If colleges want the NCAA to exist then they must abide by rules of the NCAA - that would be the simple answer. So, the NCAA could put in a rule for a school to be a member of the NCAA that any collegiate athlete can only make "X" amount from NIL and retain their amateur status and be eligible to play in NCAA sponsored evcents. You are not violating the opinion that any athlete can earn money from NIL - the athlete has to decide - does he want money and try to go directly to the pros or does he want to gain a college education and or continue to improve his skills while still earning NIL money. What this would really do - is take off the limits of all sports as to when an athlete could decide to turn pro. Currently, I think you have to finish 3 years of college to be eligible for professional football? Baseball you go pro immediately or after your junior season I think. This seems to not be holding anyone back - and it would not give any school a huge advantage. It would also stop the transfer for pay issue as an "amateur NIL cap" would apply to all NCAA schools. I'm not an attorney or have any background - but this would not stop a player for earning a living or being denied his right to make money - he still has a choice if he wanted to play college sports governed by the NCAA.

Go Big Blue!

Reactions: Ky grandpa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News