ADVERTISEMENT

Massacre

azubuikefan

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2003
Mark my words. It's going to get real ugly in here if we bring Cal back. Rabid journalists and TV pundits everywhere can't wait! People are going to watch our games! Oh! Won't somebody please think of the children!?

He will be forced out but the consequences for this fanbase and the university will be drastically worse. We have the opportunity now to end this with little problems. If he is brought back he will have to deal with a revolting fanbase, aggressive local and national media, and little to no booster support. It will further sink the program. The biggest thing here is that if we force him out next year due to reasons above, UK fans will look bad and it will hurt us getting our next coach. The ONLY logical option is to fire him today, but I think we all know what Barnhart is going to do sadly...

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Really there is not one thing regular fans can do, even not going to games, that will make a difference for the next year. I got a feeling if he is back, it will be for 1 year total. No matter the outcome I believe like others have speculated, Cal will have a farewell tour if he comes back.

If we get Reed back it will help with the fanbase. If we get a bunch of players back it will be to try and help the situation. I feel like DJ, Edwards, Rob, Reeves, Mitchell (both those 2 of course) and maybe UGO and Z are gone.

If we get Adou, Reed, Burks back does that help enough, I doubt it. Cal will need to get a few portal guys, high end portal guys or he will not take a call ever again as a UK coach.

Once Cal leaves here he will turn from I love the passion of UK fans to UK fans are the toxic problem and not me. 20 wins anywhere else would be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT