ADVERTISEMENT

Marrow to REMAIN with UK per Matt Jones

That MGH Guy

All-American
Apr 22, 2010
Lexington, KY
@KySportsRadio BREAKING: Source tells KSR that Vince Marrow will return to Kentucky. Deal to be announced tomorrow.

party0003.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 1/4 9:26 PM by That MGH Guy

Originally posted by That MGH Guy:

@KySportsRadio BREAKING: Source tells KSR that Vince Marrow will return to Kentucky. Deal to be announced tomorrow.

party0003.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 1/4 9:26 PM by That MGH Guy
If true, that's a HUGE win for the program. Keeps the Ohio pipeline open.

Great news..Marrow has done a helluva a good.. Needed to keep him.

Thanks for news KSR. Now, I am sure the Jones bashers are on the way to tell us he stole info from premium site.

Assuming this sticks, can anyone who trotted out the horrid, "well if he wanted to be here he would have already turned Michigan down", argument please never do it again? This isn't how real life works.

More from Matt:

UPDATE: The source tells KSR that after meetings
over the weekend, Vince Marrow and UK have reached the parameters of a
deal that will have him remain at Kentucky and with Mark Stoops. The
deal will be announced tomorrow but does include a raise in salary. The
Michigan offer obviously included such a raise as well and UK decided
to meet it with a similar amount, once again showcasing the commitment
to the UK football program.

This is a big day for UK football fans. For the Cats to be able to
keep an assistant, specifically one so crucial to recruiting, the area
in which Stoops and company have truly excelled, speaks wonders for this
program's movement. And to keep that assistant from Michigan and the
hottest coaching name out there right now, Jim Harbaugh, is even more
impressive. Credit Mark Stoops for his relationship with Marrow, Mitch
Barnhart and the administration for stepping to the plate and Marrow
himself, for showcasing the loyalty and commitment to UK football that
he has talked about for so long. Great day for the Cats.

Oh my goodness, this is the best news I've heard in a mighty long time. Thank goodness he is staying! Losing Marrow would have been devastating to our recruiting efforts.

Shew. I am glad this story broke tonight. Now I can sleep comfortably without having this issue working on my nerves.

Where are the 'he gone' fellowship of the miserable posters?

This is fantastic news and further proves the backing that Mitch has for this football program.

Stoops is just getting started and glad to see Marrow believes this as well. Didn't think he would jump so soon but given UK's luck over the years, ya never know!

WOOOOOO

Can the matt jones haters atleast give him a little kudos. The guy bleeds blue. He hates UL with a passion. If you hate his personality so be it but he always feeds BBN. He never claimed to be a football guy and I know he rubs some the wrong way. But the guy does a lot for BBN. Especially us out of state.

This,is,huge for UK football going forward!

Originally posted by W2R:
Can the matt jones haters atleast give him a little kudos. The guy bleeds blue. He hates UL with a passion. If you hate his personality so be it but he always feeds BBN. He never claimed to be a football guy and I know he rubs some the wrong way. But the guy does a lot for BBN. Especially us out of state.

This,is,huge for UK football going forward!
Oh I give the dude all sorts of kudos. Like I said earlier, he just saved me a night of tossing and turning worrying about whether Marrow was staying or leaving.

I REALLY hope we land Damien Harris, but VM returning is much more important to our future. Football takes a wealth of talent to succeed, which VM is getting to come here, unlike a sport like basketball where one player can somewhat turn around a team. If VM keeps adding depth to this team, he is the most important recruit we could ever win! That said, please come Damien...

There are posters missing that seem to pop up in every thread to criticize our staff and program, where are you guys now?

This post was edited on 1/4 10:56 PM by richardabney

If this all pans out, it will be a great day to be a UK football fan.

Stadium remodeling? $120M

New football training facility? $50M

Retaining your ace recruiter/recruiting coordinator? $450K annually (?)

Making UM and its arrogant fans go suck eggs? Priceless...

I shouldn't bash the debbie downers, they are still UK fans so I apologize to those. It's easy to be down on UK football after years and decades of ineptness. But it's time all our fans start coming together and help Stoops & Co make our dreams of a winning program a reality.

If we get Damien on Friday will be one of the best non-game weeks in UK football history. Another step up the ladder to an annual top 25 team. Marrow's recruiting will only go up from here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT