ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Fox lovin' that Kentucky Effect

They could use some new couches and recliners. Those look a bit worn.
The Californians Reaction GIF

I do find it a bit humorous...the pic chosen as the background is everything our fanbase hated about what our last regime endorsed...NBA, NBA, NBA, rather then finding success at the college level.

The irony makes me laugh.
I don't find it funny. We actually have a coach that might be able to leverage the fact we are the largely face of the NBA into wins.

I do find it a bit humorous...the pic chosen as the background is everything our fanbase hated about what our last regime endorsed...NBA, NBA, NBA, rather then finding success at the college level.

Yeah a bit. But nothing wrong with working that angle if it’s kept in perspective. It’s a good tool to have in the bag to be able to use that most programs don’t.

Cal sacrificed the program on the alter of it though. Big difference.

The only irony I see is how little march success most of the players on that wall had. That irony doesnt make me laugh though it saddens me

I don't find it funny. We actually have a coach that might be able to leverage the fact we are the largely face of the NBA into wins.
I don’t care about even freshman going pro, what I care about is players playing here and caring about UK while here and winning. Meet their college goals and then go get theirs.

I don’t care about even freshman going pro, what I care about is players playing here and caring about UK while here and winning. Meet their college goals and then go get theirs.
Had no problems when we were going to FFs. But when guys with no business leave to go undrafted or pick 55+ and take buses around the country for gleague money Ugh.

Nothing wrong with a 2-3 year making the league.
Also nothing wrong with a little “succeed and proceed’ing”…it’s an issue when you’re only getting the “fail and bail” results.

Reality is, UK is the biggest stage in basketball and does give anyone that plays here an opportunity to showcase in a way only similar (and not quite the same) at few other places. From a fanbase and local nonstop media coverage from multiple outlets and any major event being “the” national news not just making the ticker, UK stands alone.

Never thought i'd see Mark Fox on the UK staff. I always thought he did a decent job at UGA.
Agree,I think he got a raw deal atUGA. Been to their arena several times and it reminds me of a dungeon. No way he could recruit top guys. The amount of talent In GA that leaves the state is crazy! They need to take a few football dollars and upgrade their facilities! Fox will be a big help to Pope when we get the players!

You understand that it's possible to do both right? Like.... Winning in college won't keep kids out of the nba. Developing kids who don't go pro in 2 years won't cost other kids a draft spot.

• Love
Reactions: Girthang
Shew, that really has to burn Cal's ass.. taking that photo next to the mural of all the guys under Cal, almost as if to say "This is MINE now".. hahaha.

I dont think this photo was done on accident..
Would Cal be bold enough to show a bunch of Kentucky players on a wall at Arkansas to brag about who he got to the NBA? Definitely wouldn't make Arkansas fans happy. So it takes away his biggest weapon to use.

He will have to wait until he sees what Arkansas players he gets to the NBA and if they make the NBA All Star Game or get the huge 2nd contracts. Don't think he will last long enough for that to happen.

While Pope can sit back and say, "look at all these Kentucky players that are or have been in the NBA."

Agree,I think he got a raw deal atUGA. Been to their arena several times and it reminds me of a dungeon. No way he could recruit top guys. The amount of talent In GA that leaves the state is crazy! They need to take a few football dollars and upgrade their facilities! Fox will be a big help to Pope when we get the players!
Georgia basketball is like pre-Stoops Kentucky football. It's like they never got the memo that the rest of the SEC is trying in basketball now. And there's really not a good reason for it because they could be competitive without having to recruit outside of the state, unlike Kentucky football.

They just don't care.

Reactions: Girthang

It's not irony. It's that the old coach just left a few weeks ago and they haven't had time to redecorate, AND Cal is not in that picture, so it's no where near close to what fans hated about our last regime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT