ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Few has to go into the top 3 candidates to replace cal

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
He’s just too good a coach at a low major program. Is very successful in the tournament. Teams are well coached and balanced. Zags can’t match what UK can pay. The man would be hungry for a title. That’s the thing with the coach question is the tournament will provide answers

You’re on ignore for a reason. Wtf is with the face palm? The guy has a resume built for Kentucky and he’s proving it once again taking a team with massive turnover to the sweet sixteen. He’s the perfect age for a 10 year run. I know you want cal at all costs so go cheer for Brad at vandy.
If he's on ignore, how did you...

Yeah, he’d be on the wish list but like Hurley, he is not leaving his current team. Won’t hurt to ask but…..
He makes 2 million a year and will likely never win a title at Gonzaga. I think he would be pumped to make 6-7 mil. He just saw what our fanbase brings to the table. I’m impressed with what he’s done with this team.

Why? Because he won a game today?
Few has been to the finals what twice in the last 5-7 seasons? He had his team in the elite 8 last year. And yeah winning in this tournament this year will matter if we are hiring a new coach. Not to mention he went into Lexington and handed us our ass. People want Tommy Lloyd and he isn’t half the coach of few.

You’re on ignore for a reason. Wtf is with the face palm? The guy has a resume built for Kentucky and he’s proving it once again taking a team with massive turnover to the sweet sixteen. He’s the perfect age for a 10 year run. I know you want cal at all costs so go cheer for Brad at vandy.
Ignore huh? Cram your Cal love crap. That your only go to when someone calls out your ridiculous posts. Few ain’t coming here and leaving Spokane, and his cushy very winnable conference and nearly annual free bid. You’re wrong but hey, keep throwing names on the wall and maybe one will stick for you so you can say you called it later. Good luck lol

He’s just too good a coach at a low major program. Is very successful in the tournament. Teams are well coached and balanced. Zags can’t match what UK can pay. The man would be hungry for a title. That’s the thing with the coach question is the tournament will provide answers
I've said it a million times on this board but I'll say it again. Mark Few isn't leaving Gonzaga. He absolutely loves the city of Spokane and has said numerous times one of the reasons is because of the fly fishing there. There's more to life than basketball and he's Exhibit A proving that. He will never leave Gonzaga. Him and his family love the school and city too much and nothing is going to pry him away.

Ignore huh? EAD with your Cal love crap. That your go to loser, so pitiful. Few ain’t coming here and leaving Spokane, you’re wrong but hey, keep throwing names on the wall and maybe one will stick for you so you can say you called it later. Good luck lol
You’re a useless poster. Chao

For some coaches and players, it's NOT about the money. I believe Few loves the Gonzaga program and what he has built following in the footsteps of Coach Monson. Barry Sanders retired early turning down 20 + million. Most coaches and players are motivated by the money, no doubt. But some don't follow that path. I can't see Few ever leaving Gonzaga and I respect him for that.

Few is an elite coach but also a drunk and those guys can’t handle the stress here. So I don’t think he would be a good fit. Plus he’s happy where he’s at. He ain’t leaving.

It’s not brain surgery. You know you click show ignored. You’re on there too for obvious reasons. I don’t have time for morons.
Why the hell do you have us im ignore them you go and read our post? I'ma block you from my cell phone, send me texts instead 😂😂😂😂😂😂 You'd be bitching about Few the first time he was behind at halftime 😆😆😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: flacat22
Yeah, I like him but don’t think he’s leaving there. Heard him rambling about fishing up there and it’s his true love away from bball, and wants to retire soon to do it full time. Also, the DUI. You know Mitch. Don’t like the drinks drink. But if he would come, I’d take him. Also take Pitino for 5 years. I’d take a lot of coaches right now.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Honestly, I've had a couple posters tell me that UK fans would hate Bennett's slow style of play. If Bennett is slow, how would we tolerate Few? We basically tried to pawn Wiltjer off to the Zags because he couldn't keep up with our style of play.

Not saying we won't ring him when the time comes, but I don't see it being a great fit. Regardless, there's no denying that Few is an excellent coach.

Reactions: flacat22
Few has always been a "if he wanted to come to your school, not just Kentucky". He's a tremendous coach. I just don't think he'd ever leave there. He has money. Is it always nice to have more, sure. However, how much is your happiness and legacy worth to you. More than the extra money you could have made? That'd be something he'd have to ask himself. He's such a good coach though there is little doubt he's had many inquiries over the years from many top programs.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Honestly, I've had a couple posters tell me that UK fans would hate Bennett's slow style of play. If Bennett is slow, how would we tolerate Few? We basically tried to pawn Wiltjer off to the Zags because he couldn't keep up with our style of play.

Not saying we won't ring him when the time comes, but I don't see it being a great fit. Regardless, there's no denying that Few is an excellent coach.
Gonzaga is a very balanced team. They just hung 89 on KU. They win consistently

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT