ADVERTISEMENT

Maren Morris!!

Who could have predicted the incels getting upset over this newz? 🤣

Who is really the upset one here? We're just discussing the topic, as we do with countless other topics here. Where as Maren is legitimately making a career change (and probably a bad one) due to how upset SHE is.

A few of you have mentioned how "we" need to stop all this outrage over things. I think that should apply to Maren more than anyone here.

Last edited:
Sorry, I ended up deleting my post because after Bud Light, Sound of Freedom, Barbie, the male country singer and now the female country singer, I figured it was best as this shit is just stupid.

I'll say this and move on - At some point as a society we've gotta stop bickering back and forth over some nearly 80 year old man with an absurd George Hamilton tan. And since slugger mentioned Loretta, if she were young today and singing about proudly taking the pill, folks like him would be calling her woke and starting the boycott.

I'm just over the selective outrage from both sides.

😂 you posted like 4 paragraphs about how people shouldn’t find a woman attractive or talk about her breasts because of her politics in a one-liner naughtywhatever thread. I mean at some point your posts just turn into projection.

Who is really the upset one here? We're just discussing the topic, as we do with countless other topics here. Where as Maren is legitimately making a career change (and probably a bad one) due to how upset SHE is.

A few of you have mentioned how we need to stop all this outrage over things. I think that should apply to Maren more than anyone here.
Who? One of many that have never ending grievances that could be easily remedied by getting laid.

Who? One of many that have never ending grievances that could be easily remedied by getting laid.

I don't think anyone here is losing sleep over this. I'm certainly not. I don't even listen to country, yet, I find some of her pop songs quite catchy.

Why is it that the left is able to rage over such trivial shit like Chic-Fil-A, forcing a business owner 2,000 miles away to make specific cakes, What Trump does every waking minute, worrying about Jan 6th but no other riots.. Neither you nor Nightwish ever come down on those folks. It's always brought up when it comes to republicans though..

I don't think anyone here is losing sleep over this. I'm certainly not. I don't even listen to country, yet, I find some of her pop songs quite catchy.

Why is it that the left is able to rage over such trivial shit like Chic-Fil-A, forcing a business owner 2,000 miles away to make specific cakes, What Trump does every waking minute, worrying about Jan 6th but no other riots.. Neither you nor Nightwish ever come down on those folks. It's always brought up when it comes to republicans though..
Reads like grievances. 🤣

The person who called others losers for spending a moment on this issue has now written more words in this thread than anyone else. Winning!! 🤣
Dude, I’m trying to at least ENLIGHTEN people on who stupid it is to get mad about any of this.

It’s all pointless bullshit and we all know it but people just have to get mad at each other.

When you’re on your deathbed are you going to be glad you spent days of your life on the internet and FB arguing over country musicians and Super Bowl halftime shows?

I’m just hoping people can realize how this is so dumb. Like @sluggercatfan , he’s either old as hell or bored or stupid. It can’t be anything else.

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Shew. Same old posters in here making a big deal about what others make a big deal about.

Not sure if they see the hypocrisy or just don’t care about it.

Spoiler alert: people have opinions about things. Things that sometimes you, personally, may not care about. The end.

Last edited:
Shew. Same old posters in here making a big deal about what others make a big deal about.

Not sure if they see the hypocrisy or just don’t care about the hypocrisy.

Spoiler alert: people have opinions about things. Things that sometimes you, personally, may not care about. The end.
I'm not making a big deal about any of it. I didn't listen to her before when she was "country" and I won't listen to her now that she is whatever genre she identifies as. It seems she is making the biggest deal about it by making an announcement she is going away from country music. I mean if she kept putting out music would anyone know she had switched or would anyone care? She seems to be the one wanting to say look at me I have more morals than country music fans. Seems like poor taste to diss the people who listen to you to me.

That chick better not collaborate with anybody involved in rap. That music - outside a few artists - is the most morally corrupt music there is.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
You post a song from George Strait about crossover acts and pop influences on country music.
It's kind of ironic, given he just popularized music written by others, including this song.
Bluegrass/country...This song was first cut by bluegrass artists. Keith Whitley- Vince Gill-Ricky Skaggs-Marty Stewart many others.

If you don't see how this is a great business decision by her team then you will fall for anything that your favorite media personality or politician will tell you. She's catering to her fans who have similar ideology as her. She's already been outspoken about how it doesn't make sense that a Luke Bryan song is 3 times more likely to be played than any award winning song she has on country radio. And one of the most popular songs that she has been apart of isn't a country song. She should've left country music years ago. This is just more free advertising than she would've gotten beforehand.

It's definitely a great business decision but not for that reason.

It's great because no one remembered she existed. This at least got her plenty of free pub, made people temporarily remember she existed, and gave her a shot at recreating herself in an effort to restart

I only the song "The Middle" by her and I think its a remix or something because it sure wasn't country.

Yeah, her most successful song was more pop and techno crap dance song.

She has some song about my church and 80s Mercedes and some song about dimes and being rich. Those are about the only 3 I know other than the middle.

3 too many no doubt.

You complete losers thinking all the people in the world should feel like you do in politics and/or decide on your entertainment based on their politics have to be the biggest sticks in the mud ever. I mean, really?

“CALIPARI DUN VOTED DUMBocrat SO I A CARDINAL FAN NOW CUZ PAYNE VOTED FOR TRUMP!!!1!!!1!!!”

I’ve never once decided on my plans due to politics but then again, I’m not a complete tool, I just go because I like the entertainment.
Isn't it unbelievable?

Reactions: roguemocha
Dude, I’m trying to at least ENLIGHTEN people on who stupid it is to get mad about any of this.

It’s all pointless bullshit and we all know it but people just have to get mad at each other.

When you’re on your deathbed are you going to be glad you spent days of your life on the internet and FB arguing over country musicians and Super Bowl halftime shows?

I’m just hoping people can realize how this is so dumb. Like @sluggercatfan , he’s either old as hell or bored or stupid. It can’t be anything else.
I did not link you to my comment. I did not want you to have a reason to have to come back to this thread. Yet, you returned. When you are on your deathbed, are you going to celebrate the time spent here trying to teach others a lesson?

Never heard of her... so probably just a publicity stunt.

If not, and she thinks Trump is bad... well, somebody should introduce her to Joe Biden and his track record lol.

I did not link you to my comment. I did not want you to have a reason to have to come back to this thread. Yet, you returned. When you are on your deathbed, are you going to celebrate the time spent here trying to teach others a lesson?
You’re right actually. I’ll let you guys waste time and breath on pointless subjects. Enjoy the endless back and forth of idiots on both sides trying to prove an irrelevant and pointless argument that goes nowhere.

Yeah, her most successful song was more pop and techno crap dance song.

She has some song about my church and 80s Mercedes and some song about dimes and being rich. Those are about the only 3 I know other than the middle.

3 too many no doubt.
She appeals to the Taylor Swift crowd.
She has talent but her music has always been borderline country at best.
I'm not too hard on her because musicians in general are liberal even in country.

Somewhat boring song with a cool vibe. Not a new sound, as there are a lot of songs with that same drive. Good voice. Probably would be cool in a small bar as a live act, but not a song I would go to. Her voice is very marketable.
Yeah I posted this just to point out she was never really country to begin with.
The fact that she's on country radio is all about the record exec"s in Nashville and to an extent LA.
I'm sure if Sheryl Crow was a new artist, she would be pushed to country radio.
The soft rock genre is almost dead on radio.
Think about all of the 70"s and 80's acts that would be on country radio if they were released today.

Yeah I posted this just to point out she was never really country to begin with.
The fact that she's on country radio is all about the record exec"s in Nashville and to an extent LA.
I'm sure if Sheryl Crow was a new artist, she would be pushed to country radio.
The soft rock genre is almost dead on radio.
Think about all of the 70"s and 80's acts that would be on country radio if they were released today.
Crow loves Nashville, has embraced the community, and probably moves toward a more country sound (some of her pop has long had a folk or country influence). Nashville has become a music industry, as a whole, location. But, yeah, that is not country. It’s the only song I think I have heard from this girl. Howard’s brown nose flattery was kind of gross in that video, BTW.

Crow loves Nashville, has embraced the community, and probably moves toward a more country sound (some of her pop has long had a folk or country influence). Nashville has become a music industry, as a whole, location. But, yeah, that is not country. It’s the only song I think I have heard from this girl. Howard’s brown nose flattery was kind of gross in that video, BTW.
Howard’s brown nose flattery was kind of gross in that video, BTW.
Lol, he's toned it down A LOT from what he used to say to guests in the 90's

Somewhat boring song with a cool vibe. Not a new sound, as there are a lot of songs with that same drive. Good voice. Probably would be cool in a small bar as a live act, but not a song I would go to. Her voice is very marketable.
Looks like she(MM) needs to slow the lip botox down a notch or two....Nashville in Tenn is like Austin in Texas. As woke as it gets. Crow is a lady who says you should only use one 1 sheet of TP to wipe with because of the environmental effects. Enough said.

Last edited:
Looks like she(MM) needs to slow the lip botox down a notch or two....Nashville in Tenn is like Austin in Texas. As woke as it gets. Crow is a lady who says you should only use one 1 sheet of TP to wipe with because of the environmental effects. Enough said.
Just curious if she rides in a subcompact car to travel to her concerts to save the environment? If I am going to use 1 sheet to wipe she can at least ride in a Nissan Versa to get across the country instead of a private jet.

Last edited:
The only artist I've ever heard of that really stuck to the environment thing was Ben Sollee. He rode his bike from Louisville to Nashville to do a show with his Cello in tow. On a freaking bike.

The real question is why does anyone give a eff what she says? How does she affect your day to day life? Why do you let her make you feel a certain way? Why do you let media and Hollywood affect your life?

You’re being used and played to perfection and it’s actually hilarious the lot of you fall for this every time. Bunch of FB warriors that just prove you’re old, out of touch and very gullible and malleable.
Its not her blabbering on social media or whatever platform .. I like her , I like a few of her tunes .. she has a rather unique voice . But the deal is if I would go see her in concert I dont want lyrics supporting woke ass bullshit and dont want to hear woke ass comments and Trump hating nonsense. As far as being old .. God help us if we get in a war , most real men are old or dead . The lines have already been drawn , everything is political , whether you like it or not , you rabble like a guy who knows it all , and in reality doesnt have a grip on anything

• Haha
Reactions: Nightwish84
As far as being old .. God help us if we get in a war , most real men are old or dead . The lines have already been drawn , everything is political , whether you like it or not , you rabble like a guy who knows it all , and in reality doesnt have a grip on anything
This view is just as silly as a youngin' thinking we all want to be a part of their personal causes. It reeks of someone who has seen one too many John Wayne movies. If this board is any indication, the "real men" you speak of are too busy complaining about goofy shit. Maybe those "real men" can teach our current "fake" men and women in uniform a thing or two...inbetween crying about Disney, the media, Hollywood, kneeling, music, movies, award shows, boycotts, beer cans, and burning Barbie dolls. "Real men" claim to be pro-America but will turn on a dime and pretend our current military is an embarrassment. I won't even get into how silly you sound claiming lines have been drawn as if you're Walter from The Big Lebowski. It's Autumn, take a nice long walk in the sunshine...if you're able to step over the corpses of "real men" that litter the ground. And watch for those lines as you walk! They've been drawn and there's lots of 'em!

I’ll be honest I didn’t think I knew who she was, but I actually know quite a few of her songs - and I like a lot of them. They are anything but country though, they are pop and mixed with a little EDM. Her song make you say with Zedd is a banger. I’m not sure why the hell anyone would expect her to be anything but super liberal to begin with. And Trump blows BTW, how the hell is he leading for the republicans. I mean JFC.

This view is just as silly as a youngin' thinking we all want to be a part of their personal causes. It reeks of someone who has seen one too many John Wayne movies. If this board is any indication, the "real men" you speak of are too busy complaining about goofy shit. Maybe those "real men" can teach our current "fake" men and women in uniform a thing or two...inbetween crying about Disney, the media, Hollywood, kneeling, music, movies, award shows, boycotts, beer cans, and burning Barbie dolls. "Real men" claim to be pro-America but will turn on a dime and pretend our current military is an embarrassment. I won't even get into how silly you sound claiming lines have been drawn as if you're Walter from The Big Lebowski. It's Autumn, take a nice long walk in the sunshine...if you're able to step over the corpses of "real men" that litter the ground. And watch for those lines as you walk! They've been drawn and there's lots of 'em!
I'm 56 , not sure I could name more than 1 John Wayne movie ( please tell it was Cool hand Luke ??) and as far Walter the only one I relate too is Walter White . The rest of your shit is just ... shit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT