ADVERTISEMENT

Maren Morris!!

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
She can kiss my REAL country music loving, Republican TRUMP voting ASS!!! She and others like her have bastardized country music and made it unlistenable! She needs to do her damn research. Country music was doing music about social issues before her she was even being thought of. Charlie Pride, Loretta, Tammy, George and many others sang many songs about social issues. Hope she goes belly up!!!

I'm sure since she is so appalled, she'll be reimbursing everyone who voted Trump that ever bought tickets to her concerts and bought merch lol

See Ya Goodbye GIF by The Berry

Last edited:
Reactions: Col. Angus
You complete losers thinking all the people in the world should feel like you do in politics and/or decide on your entertainment based on their politics have to be the biggest sticks in the mud ever. I mean, really?

“CALIPARI DUN VOTED DUMBocrat SO I A CARDINAL FAN NOW CUZ PAYNE VOTED FOR TRUMP!!!1!!!1!!!”

I’ve never once decided on my plans due to politics but then again, I’m not a complete tool, I just go because I like the entertainment.

It's a little funny that she's making strongly opinionated liberal songs (her newest is about burning down her "small town") as a response to Jason Aldeans much more innocent "try that in a small town".

Pretty hypocritical if you ask me. Doesn't like how country music is political, and she's probably been the most outspoken political person in that genre.

You complete losers thinking all the people in the world should feel like you do in politics and/or decide on your entertainment based on their politics have to be the biggest sticks in the mud ever. I mean, really?

“CALIPARI DUN VOTED DUMBocrat SO I A CARDINAL FAN NOW CUZ PAYNE VOTED FOR TRUMP!!!1!!!1!!!”

I’ve never once decided on my plans due to politics but then again, I’m not a complete tool, I just go because I like the entertainment.
Isn’t she the one doing this? She decided why people like Jason Aldean’s song, saying it was not for the music, but to get at Libs. How does she know that and why does she care?

Isn’t she the one doing this? She decided why people like Jason Aldean’s song, saying it was not for the music, but to get at Libs. How does she know that and why does she care?
I have no idea as I don’t pay attention to celebrities’ politics because why do I care what they think?

If your neighbor votes differently than you do, do you not talk or hangout with them?

Reactions: Col. Angus
I have no idea as I don’t pay attention to celebrities’ politics because why do I care what they think?

If your neighbor votes differently than you do, do you not talk or hangout with them?

But that question should really be pointed towards Maren Morris.

And yes i do think we're at the point where people stop interacting with others based on politics. I personally think that's more of a left thing, but I see both sides doing it.

We're so divided on thoughts and beliefs that it really seems that people are starting to remove the other side out of their life.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
If you don't see how this is a great business decision by her team then you will fall for anything that your favorite media personality or politician will tell you. She's catering to her fans who have similar ideology as her. She's already been outspoken about how it doesn't make sense that a Luke Bryan song is 3 times more likely to be played than any award winning song she has on country radio. And one of the most popular songs that she has been apart of isn't a country song. She should've left country music years ago. This is just more free advertising than she would've gotten beforehand.

If you don't see how this is a great business decision by her team then you will fall for anything that your favorite media personality or politician will tell you. She's catering to her fans who have similar ideology as her. She's already been outspoken about how it doesn't make sense that a Luke Bryan song is 3 times more likely to be played than any award winning song she has on country radio. And one of the most popular songs that she has been apart of isn't a country song. She should've left country music years ago. This is just more free advertising than she would've gotten beforehand.

We'll see. But it's not like the left are big country music fans. I suspect this will be similar to the bud light situation. They pissed on the vast majority of people who buy their music/product.

Unless she changes her genre of music making, she's not gonna be selling albums or streams. Rap fans aren't all the sudden going to give her hits just cause of her politics.

For the last twenty years country has trended younger and more female. Her "statement" may be silly and attention-seeking but a quick google search tells me her music blends elements of pop, R&B, and hip-hop. That doesn't sound like something the traditional, hardcore, older, GET UR BUDLITE OUTTA MY TRUMP LOVIN' FACE crowd was listening to to begin with.

The idea that a genre of music is only for a specific voting block and you should only cater to that voting block is asinine. Guys like Stapleton, Sturgill, and Childers are doing our state proud and I'm betting they and slugger don't agree politically. It is what it is though. If Loretta were young today and singing about proudly using the pill, the uptight crowd would be having a fit and calling her woke.

The Bud Light boycott worked wonders. That doesn't mean it's going to work every time in every situation. There are folks who love Trump. There are folks who hate Trump. At some point, we gotta move past fighting over some nearly 80 year old man with an absurd George Hamilton tan.

I'm not even sure I think she's doing this for attention-seeking. More so that she's just making the mistake of biting the hand that feeds.. or one of the hands, as her music does go across several genres. And maybe that's her plan, to avoid playing country music all together.

But she is still considered a country musician, where she made her living.. and it's not like country music is some out of bounds genre of hate and bigotry.. a few songs have some right-leaning tone, thats about the extent of it. Not sure why she doesn't just make her OWN statements in her music if she feels so inclined.. instead of shitting on other artists/fans for having their own views.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
The real question is why does anyone give a eff what she says? How does she affect your day to day life? Why do you let her make you feel a certain way? Why do you let media and Hollywood affect your life?

You’re being used and played to perfection and it’s actually hilarious the lot of you fall for this every time. Bunch of FB warriors that just prove you’re old, out of touch and very gullible and malleable.

I'm not even sure I agree with her doing this for attention-seeking. More so that she's just making the mistake of biting the hand that feeds.. or one of the hands, as her music does go across several genres. And maybe that's her plan, to avoid playing country music all together.

But she is still considered a country musician.. and it's not like country music was some out of bounds genre of hate and bigotry.. a few songs have some right-leaning tone. Not sure why you don't just make your OWN statements in your music if you feel so inclined.. instead of shitting on other artists/fans for having their own views.
Sorry, I ended up deleting my post because after Bud Light, Sound of Freedom, Barbie, the male country singer and now the female country singer, I figured it was best as this shit is just stupid.

I'll say this and move on - At some point as a society we've gotta stop bickering back and forth over some nearly 80 year old man with an absurd George Hamilton tan. And since slugger mentioned Loretta, if she were young today and singing about proudly taking the pill, folks like him would be calling her woke and starting the boycott.

I'm just over the selective outrage from both sides.

Christ.. Republicans get ONE politically charged song in a sea of thousands upon thousands of liberal ones.. and the left freaks out. That's so fitting of them honestly. Let's freak out about FOX news when we literally own every other media outlet. They own every riot across America but faint when you mention January 6th.

It's like the little brother who punches you over and over, every day. And the one day you sock him back, it surprises them like "how could you do this!?" and cries for help.

Sorry, I ended up deleting my post because after Bud Light, Sound of Freedom, Barbie, the male country singer and now the female country singer, I figured it was best as this shit is just stupid.

I'll say this and move on - At some point as a society we've gotta stop bickering back and forth over some nearly 80 year old man with an absurd George Hamilton tan. And since slugger mentioned Loretta, if she were young today and singing about proudly taking the pill, folks like him would be calling her woke and starting the boycott.

I'm just over the selective outrage from both sides.
Only people bickering over a 77 year old man that still has all his faculties and was our best potus since Regan are the USEFUL IDIOTS of the cdp.

She can kiss my REAL country music loving, Republican TRUMP voting ASS!!! She and others like her have bastardized country music and made it unlistenable! She needs to do her damn research. Country music was doing music about social issues before her she was even being thought of. Charlie Pride, Loretta, Tammy, George and many others sang many songs about social issues. Hope she goes belly up!!!
I never even heard of her until this story came out. Don’t care and good riddance to her….. best of luck in another musical genre.

Exactly don’t bother. It doesn’t affect your life at all. It’s all controversy to keep people at odds. Those that haven’t figured it out I feel sad for because they think it’s actually important.

The person who called others losers for spending a moment on this issue has now written more words in this thread than anyone else. Winning!! 🤣

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Never heard of him or his music. Oh well, back to not listening to country.

I'm sure since she is so appalled, she'll be reimbursing everyone who voted Trump that ever bought tickets to her concerts and bought merch lol

See Ya Goodbye GIF by The Berry
Meh I don't care what her opinions about anything are and as far as her leaving Country Music goes she was never really country music anyway so she won't be missed. As far as blaming Trump for the current state of country music I think you can blame the people who pushed Florida Georgia line, Luke Bryan, Cole Swindell, Maren Morris and Rascal Flatts for the decline in country music whether that was the producers or fans who listened to that crap.

Last edited:
Meh I don't care what her opinions about anything are and as far as her leaving Country Music goes she was never really country music anyway so she won't be missed. As far as blaming Trump for the current state of country music I think you can blame the people who pushed Florida Georgia line, Luke Bryan, Cole Swindell, Maren Morris and Rascal Flatts for the decline in country music whether that was the producers or fans who listened to that crap.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
You post a song from George Strait about crossover acts and pop influences on country music.
It's kind of ironic, given he just popularized music written by others, including this song.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT