ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Cal is back, so I’m out.

frustrated-young-child-sulking-with-crossed-arms-and-dirty-look.jpg

I will not be paying attention to the ballgames (watching the games on tv, reading articles) so I doubt I’ll be posting much. I have a family member with season tickets and I get an offer to have their tickets a few times a season. I may take my kid because she loves going to the games. I won’t let Cal take that from me but other than that I’ll be checked out until Cal is gone.

It’s already reached a pitch where I don’t get mad/excited watching the games anymore because Cal has taken that out of me.

Will have nothing to do with UK bball and I hope many feel the same way. Nothing changes unless fans walk.
You say. Nothing changes unless fans walk. I agree 100%. Speaking of the word walk. How about if the fans walk (march) to Mitch Barnhart's office carrying signs demanding that Calipari be fired. This would get national attention & might get the powers to be at UK to do something.

I get it. It's just hard to really care anymore. The fact that we’re gonna waste another season on a coach that clearly can’t hack it anymore, and has told you he’s not putting in the effort required in the scouting department is disheartening. This idea our AD is too scared of replacing him is nonsense. If you don’t perform up to the standard of your job you get fired. In every walk of life. Why it doesn’t apply here, I don’t know.

People are wanting to keep this coach bc they think he’ll bring players back but that’s far from a guarantee. NBA draft deadline is still a month away, and if they get guaranteed contracts they’re probably gone.

if you think it’s bad now, just wait until after game 1 when Cooper Flagg lights us up, and Duke beats the doors off us.

I still think there's a chance he's gone.

But if he's not - and I hate when people say stuff like this - I may have to check out on the program until he is. I will still continue to root for the team's success and watch games when it's convenient, but I just have far less interest in him continuing to lead my basketball program when I don't believe in anything he's doing, I'm not aligned with his priorities, I don't have any faith or trust in him and it angers me that he's too lazy to do any actual coaching.

I still think there's a chance he's gone.

But if he's not - and I hate when people say stuff like this - I may have to check out on the program until he is. I will still continue to root for the team's success and watch games when it's convenient, but I just have far less interest in him continuing to lead my basketball program when I don't believe in anything he's doing, I'm not aligned with his priorities, I don't have any faith or trust in him and it angers me that he's too lazy to do any actual coaching.
This is where I'm at too.

If he's back I absolutely will not schedule my week, like I normally do, around making sure I can watch the games. I've missed a handful in the last 15 years.

I may not watch any, just tired of the product and it's not fun anymore. Why would I continue to watch something that frustrates me and I no longer get enjoyment from?

Again, it's not about losing, I'm a Bills fan, it's about the totality of the way the program is ran.

This is where I'm at too.

If he's back I absolutely will not schedule my week, like I normally do, around making sure I can watch the games. I've missed a handful in the last 15 years.

I may not watch any, just tired of the product and it's not fun anymore. Why would I continue to watch something that frustrates me and I no longer get enjoyment from?

Again, it's not about losing, I'm a Bills fan, it's about the totality of the way the program is ran.
Do more than that. Contact Mitch. Quit being so passive.

You don't, really, if you support Cal. He's failed us miserably for the last decade and every time he speaks it's nothing but lies and throwing other people under the bus. Anyone defending him at this point is a problem.
You're not going to get me upset by name-calling and accusations. I support the program, the University and the kids that play here.

You're not going to get me upset by name-calling and accusations. I support the program, the University and the kids that play here.
Glad you can laugh about it. We've never had a single season as bad as 2021 (I don't give a damn about COVID - everyone had to deal with that) and we haven't gone this long without a Final Four since the tournament began. That isn't acceptable. He should've been fired 3 years ago but Mitch had already given him an outlandish contract.

Every time UK plays I cheer for the team to win. But I have every right to say that a lying sack of crap like Calipari isn't getting it done.

Glad you can laugh about it. We've never had a single season as bad as 2021 (I don't give a damn about COVID - everyone had to deal with that) and we haven't gone this long without a Final Four since the tournament began. That isn't acceptable. He should've been fired 3 years ago but Mitch had already given him an outlandish contract.

Every time UK plays I cheer for the team to win. But I have every right to say that a lying sack of crap like Calipari isn't getting it done.
Again, have a good day sir.

Let's see what happens...... Mitch is a guy who is probably sick of Cal's BS.... from the last 5 years of losing tourney games, to Cal's dust up with Stoops.... Cal rubs a lot of people the wrong way. If ya win, no biggie. However when you lose.... Mitch may decide it's time to clip his wings.

Reactions: catzcan
I wonder if any of the 300 people who have said, “I’m out til Cal’s gone” since Thursday will prove they are not full of sh&t.

About a dozen have already crawled back here without a hint of shame after vowing to never post again.
That is true, I have noticed a few say they were done but still post regularly. I figured they would the are still fans of UK. We have been thru many coaches, I remember Rupp, Hall, Sutton, Pitino, Tubby, BCG and Cal. And there were times where I disliked all of them at some time but my love for UK never wavered

Reactions: Graham51
That is true, I have noticed a few say they were done but still post regularly. I figured they would the are still fans of UK. We have been thru many coaches, I remember Rupp, Hall, Sutton, Pitino, Tubby, BCG and Cal. And there were times where I disliked all of them at some time but my love for UK never wavered
You honestly can't see the difference between being done with a coach/administration and being done with the school you cheer for? HOW is that possible? Wake up.

Reactions: catzcan
I want to back away, but it's hard to turn your back on something that has been a major part of my life for 60 years! Just tired of all the stress, I'm not young anymore!

Reactions: Jeff Sykes
I’ll never be out. Kentucky basketball is a part of me. I can’t ignore it.

But Cal has sure taken away most of the joy I get out of it. Sad state of affairs.

Reactions: Graham51
I'm like the people that say if so in wins I'm moving to Canada...no I'm not moving to Canada. No, I'll probably never stop watching UK. I may boycott Rupp Arena, but I'll still be peaking in through the window to see what's going on. My love for UK outweighs my disdain for Cal.

Reactions: JFCats22
Not sure where politics come into this, but ok. You do you boo.
OK that's my confirmation. I'm not sure what's more outrageous...that you keep finding a way to post here without mods stopping you or that I keep running into your 50,000 alternate usernames without realizing it. I'll readily admit to that particular "L"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT