ADVERTISEMENT

Lexington Food/Drink

Dec 1, 2014
Myself and a group of Mizzou guys are visiting Lexington for the first time this weekend. Was wondering if anyone can pass along some good restaurants and bars near campus? We are staying about a mile south of campus. Definitely will check out Keeneland at some point. We get in tomorrow evening.

On behalf of the #BBN, we kindly invite you to go to hell. While you're there, try the well done sirloin with ketchup.

lol oh snap.

OP this guy does not represent BBN, btw. Enjoy yourself and be sure to go to Tolly Ho's down by campus. It's great.

Reactions: GrandePdre
lol oh snap.

OP this guy does not represent BBN, btw. Enjoy yourself and be sure to go to Tolly Ho's down by campus. It's great.
#BBN does not wish you to be shot with a gun, as you might be in the places Mr. Burned is sending you. His acquaintance with Gang Culture has addled his mind into psychosis.

#BBN does not wish you to be shot with a gun, as you might be in the places Mr. Burned is sending you. His acquaintance with Gang Culture has addled his mind into psychosis.

Don't listen to this ignant racist.

Look, if your patrons aren't willing to kill for your food, I dont' wanna waste my precious time eating it, tbh. If you're coming to Lex for one memorable trip with your buds, you deserve to walk a bit on the wild side and enjoy a nice Ho Burger from the world famous Tolly Ho's.

Dinner: Middlefork
Lunch: local taco, limestone blue, bourbon and toulouse
Beer: country boy, west 6th, among others.

Surprised no one said Tolly-Ho and the super ho burger. Place been around campus since the 70's.

Or Parkette Drive-in.

These guys are on a football road trip. They're not hitting up Middlefork or Jean Farris.

On and around Campus:

Pazzo's - Pizza and beers
Local Taco
Tin Roof - Student bar
Tolly Ho - Late night staple
Two Keys - Student Bar

If you're looking for a slight older crowd downtown is a short walk from campus, 4-5 blocks down the hill. Uber is also very prevalent.

Belle's Mixed crowd, cool rooftop, wide variety of bourbon
Parlay Social - Older crowd
Harvey's
Rosebud
McCarthy's
Goodfellas Pizza - Best pizza in town and open late
Pies & Pint - Also good pizza and really good beer list.
Tony's - doubt you all want it but best steakhouse in town $$$$

For recharge breakfast go to Winchell's. Grab a spot at the bar. It's amazing.

Also, Lexington has a great brewery scene. All these are really good and in or around downtown. They should all have solid crowds, music and food trucks each night.

Blue Stallion - My fav, German style beers
Country Boy - Cool little place with good mix of crowd
West 6th - Good beer, big, and has a goot restaurant on site.
Mirror Twin
Ethereal

Keeneland is a must. If you have time the Bourbon Distillery Tours are a ton of fun. The two best close to Lex are Buffalo Trace or Woodford Reserve.

*I bolded the things I would personally suggest.

Last edited:
These guys are on a football road trip. They're not hitting up Middlefork or Jean Farris.

On and around Campus:

Local Taco
Tin Roof - Student bar
Two Keys - Student Bar

If you're looking for a slight older crowd downtown is a short walk from campus, 4-5 blocks down the hill. Uber is also very prevalent.

Harvey's
Rosebud
McCarthy's

Also, Lexington has a great brewery scene. All these are really good and in or around downtown. They should all have solid crowds, music and food trucks each night.

Mirror Twin
Ethereal

Keeneland is a must. If you have time the Bourbon Distillery Tours are a ton of fun. The two best close to Lex are Buffalo Trace or Woodford Reserve.
I'll agree with West 6th. But the "good restaurant" is across the street at the restaurant called the County Club.

On and around Campus:

Local Taco
Tin Roof - Student bar
Two Keys - Student Bar

Harvey's
Rosebud
McCarthy's

Mirror Twin
Ethereal

*I bolded the things I would personally suggest.

Lmao

Reactions: Kooky Kats
They’re from what I assume is not the St Louis or Kansas City part of Missouri. O’Charleys would probably be gourmet fare to them.

Enjoy your time here except at the game, where you're likely to be repeatedly and brutally sodomized by a gorilla with a banjo

72145060.TZ8k1Hu9.Monkeycatfinal.gif

Last edited:
Smithtown has the best fish/chips in town. The rest is ok. Tend to agree with Windy Corner but man I love being out there. It's my "had a bad day" lunch spot. Ky Boy Po Boy + Ale 8. Very serviceable. I'd still take it over County Club. Both experiences there were just "ok."

That area is cool. I'm just going off my experiences for football road trips. We wanted the local student or fan locations. Not really the trendy areas. Two Keys and Tin Roof seem like the places our group would've ended up.

I rarely leave the Short Street area but made one trip to the Pepper campus last season. Awesome! Can't speak for Lexington but Tin Roof Cincy has a crappy beer selection. Average bar food as well. Rather try Village Idiot or even Pazzo's any day of the week.

Reactions: NewEraCATS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT