ADVERTISEMENT

Levis has a new toy

Doing well

Seemingly, one would think an OLT or possibly Bowers in Round 1?

Maybe a defensive player?

Reactions: Ky grandpa
The Mason Rudolph signing surprised me. I thought they were pushing all their chips in on Levis. Hopefully Will keeps the starting job there and Rudolph is a backup plan.

If they don’t fix the OL it’s not going to matter what receiver they bring in.

They're off to a fair start....not great, but fair.
-Hired a top notch (possibly HOF) OL coach
-Signed arguably the top OC available in free agency with Cushenberry...who graded out very high.
-Already have a great OG (possibly OT) in Skoronski who was named to the NFL All-Rookie team with the highest OL grade.
-They signed Charles.....who is a very young OG with promise. He's probably just for depth, but who knows?

-They were outbid by the Patriots for OT/OG Onwenu.
-They also have the draft and the 2nd free agency period......not to mention the current period isn't over
-And they "could" continue to develop someone currently on the roster.
-And the HC states that the more explosive weapons you provide, the less responsibility on the OL. (It's not my personal philosophy, but there some merit there)

They're off to a fair start....not great, but fair.
-Hired a top notch (possibly HOF) OL coach
-Signed arguably the top OC available in free agency with Cushenberry...who graded out very high.
-Already have a great OG (possibly OT) in Skoronski who was named to the NFL All-Rookie team with the highest OL grade.
-They signed Charles.....who is a very young OG with promise. He's probably just for depth, but who knows?

-They were outbid by the Patriots for OT/OG Onwenu.
-They also have the draft and the 2nd free agency period......not to mention the current period isn't over
-And they "could" continue to develop someone currently on the roster.
-And the HC states that the more explosive weapons you provide, the less responsibility on the OL. (It's not my personal philosophy, but there some merit there)
Great breakdown....

1. With Ridley signing....they have their WR core set for the most part.
2. Surely the Titans use the 7th pick in this draft on a tackle now...so Joe Alt (Notre Dame), Fauga (Oregon St), Fashuna (Pen St) are all offensive tackles and one or all will fall to 7th pick. I think it's a given that will be their first round pick.

I'd guess the Titans will go heavy defensive draft rest of their picks....as they have holes on defense to fill. But Ridley and a good left tackle....this is what the Titans needs to build around Levis.

The Titans future is how they pace with
- Stroud/Texans
- Richardson/Colts
- Lawrence/Jags

I think with a good coach....Stroud/Texans are the main competition to me for Titans.

Last edited:
Great breakdown....

2. Surely the Titans use the 7th pick in this draft on a tackle now...so Joe Alt (Notre Dame), Fauga (Oregon St), Fashuna (Pen St) are all offensive tackles and one or all will fall to 7th pick. I think it's a given that will be their first round pick.

I'd guess the Titans will go heavy defensive draft rest of their picks....as they have holes on defense to fill. But Ridley and a good left tackle....this is what the Titans needs to build around Levis.

- Stroud/Texans
- Richardson/Colts
- Lawrence/Jags

I think with a good coach....Stroud/Texans are the main competition to me for Titans.

Agreed.

HC Callahan favors having a ton of weapons on offense. And his comment about "getting another weapon on offense is just as helpful as another lineman", has me thinking that you can't rule out a WR/TE in the 1st rd. Bowers, Odunze, and Nabors would all be possible shots at #7.

The Titans also currently do not have a 3rd rd pick......but still have plenty of holes to fill. And with all the QB's who "could" be taken at the top of the 1st rd, our #7 pick might be valuable to someone that wants to trade up. Many analysts think that there are about 15 players in this draft who are worthy of a 1st rd grade.......and with several QB's who could push down the order, the Titans could potentially trade back and still get a high graded talent.

That being said, this draft is deep with OL, interior DL, CB...........and extremely deep with WR. These are all areas of need for the Titans.....so who knows??

The Titans also will likely have the ability to make some moves post-draft. They seem to have been shrewd with their spending thus far. Certainly they've paid the "We suck tax" overpaying for guys like Ridley and Cush, but they're also being a little reserved. Once teams cut guys post 1st free agency and draft, the Titans are likely to have some money left over to capitalize.

Completely agree that the Texans are the team looking down on the AFC South. And they've sold out. Stroud had a good enough rookie season that the front office has gone all in. The Texans were 15th in the league for cap space and may have maxed out what money they had with the signings over the last few days. My hope is that Stroud takes a sophomore tumble and they get themselves in cap jail over the next few yrs.

As far as the Titans, I'm worried. It's not the route I would've gone, but here we are. We have a 1st time HC in Brian Callahan. Brian will be the lone caller of the offense......which he has never done before. Denard Wilson is a 1st time DC. And a sophomore GM in Carthon. And, we're trying to completely overhaul the roster from a plodding, physical, bully game to a faster, more explosive game. That's a metric ton of changes to make while trying to compete in a rapidly improving division.....while trying to develop a new QB.......before everyone gets fired.

I like Levis but he still has flaws. One being holding on to the ball too long. Another being not sliding as often as he should.

I think one of those two will get him hurt. As long as he’s the starting QB, I can see the Titans needing a good backup.

Reactions: Girthang
I saw some definite improvement/development in Will last year. If he can accelerate that development just a tad, he should be fine in the Titans' offense. He has some new weapons, a couple of solid additions to the OL, losing Henry hurt some but they replaced him with a RB who, I think, is more of a Swiss Army knife than Henry. A solid TE draft (and there are several in this year's crop) and a couple of defensive additions and they should be good enough to not need Will to throw 40 times, which I think is ideal for his skillset.

Great breakdown....

- Stroud/Texans
- Richardson/Colts
- Lawrence/Jags

What did you see from Richardson that led you to believe Levi's needs to keep pace with him. I still can't believe that guy got drafted so high. He has all the physical tools but lacks decision making and gets rattled easily

I saw some definite improvement/development in Will last year. If he can accelerate that development just a tad, he should be fine in the Titans' offense. He has some new weapons, a couple of solid additions to the OL, losing Henry hurt some but they replaced him with a RB who, I think, is more of a Swiss Army knife than Henry. A solid TE draft (and there are several in this year's crop) and a couple of defensive additions and they should be good enough to not need Will to throw 40 times, which I think is ideal for his skillset.

I agree on Levis' skillset. I think he'd be better developing in an offense with a stud OL and a RB like Henry.....thereby limiting the amount of passes he has to make. That being said, that's not the offense that he's gonna be in. Callahan has never called plays solely on his own, but was partly responsible for the Bengals' offense over the last few yrs........where Burrow threw 35-40x/game.

What did you see from Richardson that led you to believe Levi's needs to keep pace with him. I still can't believe that guy got drafted so high. He has all the physical tools but lacks decision making and gets rattled easily
Absolutely nothing. Levi’s was always a better Qb prospect to me and Ar15 did nothing to show me last year he csn be a good nfl player

Colts made a dumb mistake to kick him top 5…and titans will pass them up once the roster gets better

The Vikings lost their QB and just secured another 1st rd pick. Should the draft fall just right, I would be fine with the Titans trading with the Vikings.........moving down from #7 to #11.

That would likely mean that the Titans would have someone available of the top 3 WR's and top 3 OT's to pick at #11......and we'd likely get another 2nd rd pick......and/or a 3rd rd pick.

I would be fine with that.

The Mason Rudolph signing surprised me. I thought they were pushing all their chips in on Levis. Hopefully Will keeps the starting job there and Rudolph is a backup plan.
He was signed as the backup. He has good experience and has won NFL games. But he is no where near Levis talent

As far as the Titans, I'm worried. It's not the route I would've gone, but here we are. We have a 1st time HC in Brian Callahan. Brian will be the lone caller of the offense......which he has never done before. Denard Wilson is a 1st time DC. And a sophomore GM in Carthon. And, we're trying to completely overhaul the roster from a plodding, physical, bully game to a faster, more explosive game. That's a metric ton of changes to make while trying to compete in a rapidly improving division.....while trying to develop a new QB.......before everyone gets fired.

Great post. It's a little shocking watching the staff & roster moves this year. No better example than the Titans (and a few others are really close).

Reactions: BlueRaider22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT