ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk about specific UT matchups and strategy plz

Here's what I'll say: this season there have been 2 games where I thought we could NOT win for various reasons. I didn't think we could beat Auburn at Auburn for various reasons. They had not lost at home all season, beat everyone by at least 10. After losing to LSU and watching Alabama's offense being so impressive. In both of those games, I expected a loss. In both cases, UK dominated.

So, nobody (not even UK fans) thinks UK can win in Knoxville. After getting whipped at Rupp and watching Tennessee beat everyone lately, I don't think we can win.

Apparently, this UK team plays its best when they feel everyone expects them to lose. This is the only reason I think they have a chance.

You know what worries me more than losing and getting swept by Tennessee? Losing to Vandy on Wednesday night. Because this team has also shown that when they SHOULD win or everyone expects a win (perhaps even they expect it, too) they could lose to a below average team at home. I'll feel better about the whole thing after beating Vanderbilt.

Not only was Wagner out, but Big Z didn’t play. Bradshaw was in his slump and had a terrible game and Edwards had not found his game yet. All that is different now.

If Kentucky plays a decent game the Cats’ overall talent will be too much for Tennessee.

Last edited:
I honestly would really love to see this game be a w. My blind hatred for them eliminates rational thought haha no really, here's hoping to their bootays being tightened because of a possible home court loss combined with our improvements. I'm a huge Z fan so I'll start with his ability to spread the floor and pass.
UK will have at least 4 guys foul out.

So, nobody (not even UK fans) thinks UK can win in Knoxville. After getting whipped at Rupp and watching Tennessee beat everyone lately, I don't think we can win - IL Wildcat

You hush, IL! You know better!

IL, your ass better change your tune!

Here's what I'll say: this season there have been 2 games where I thought we could NOT win for various reasons. I didn't think we could beat Auburn at Auburn for various reasons. They had not lost at home all season, beat everyone by at least 10. After losing to LSU and watching Alabama's offense being so impressive. In both of those games, I expected a loss. In both cases, UK dominated.

So, nobody (not even UK fans) thinks UK can win in Knoxville. After getting whipped at Rupp and watching Tennessee beat everyone lately, I don't think we can win.

Apparently, this UK team plays its best when they feel everyone expects them to lose. This is the only reason I think they have a chance.

You know what worries me more than losing and getting swept by Tennessee? Losing to Vandy on Wednesday night. Because this team has also shown that when they SHOULD win or everyone expects a win (perhaps even they expect it, too) they could lose to a below average team at home. I'll feel better about the whole thing after beating Vanderbilt.
Exactly this and it's so frustrating, and same reason I think we have a chance

Reactions: IL Wildcat
So, nobody (not even UK fans) thinks UK can win in Knoxville. After getting whipped at Rupp and watching Tennessee beat everyone lately, I don't think we can win - IL Wildcat

You hush, IL! You know better!

IL, your ass better change your tune!
Every time I say we can't win, they win. That has happened more than just this season, too. It's happened multiple times in multiple seasons. If everyone is pretty much unanimously saying they will lose, they somehow win. And usually, they win big. I can't explain it.

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
Cal CAN NOT allow Barnes and UT to control the tempo of this game.
If he does, the game will be a half court WWE rock fight that we just can't win against these professional floppers, grabbers, holders, and body blowers.

We will be in early foul trouble and they will be parading to the FT line on every possession.

Cal has got to let his talent get out and run, even if we lose 100-98. If this is a half court grinder, we have little to no chance at winning the game.

Fast paste, we got a shot baby. I like my team.......on turbo speed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT