ADVERTISEMENT

Last Championship?

Come on man. You know the regular season doesn’t count. to say nothing of the fact that 2020 team was a 5 seed.

What are you talking about? 2020 was when covid happened but UK sure as hell wouldn't have been a 5 seed n ncaa tournament.

And the regular season conference title means way more than a random conference tournament title. This is true for the acc, big 10, etc, as well.

I'm not gonna argue on this as UK is recognized everywhere as 2020 sec basketball champions. If you want to talk the less impressive sec tourney believe they won 4 n a row from 2015 to 2018 if that tickles your fancy better.

And if you only refer to championship as ncaa it was 2012 and then a long ass 14 years back to 1998 before that and then the great 2 titles n 3 years and before 1996 it was all the way back n 1978 and then back to 58 before that. 4 titles n 65 years.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
What are you talking about? 2020 was when covid happened but UK sure as hell wouldn't have been a 5 seed n ncaa tournament.

And the regular season conference title means way more than a random conference tournament title. This is true for the acc, big 10, etc, as well.

I'm not gonna argue on this as UK is recognized everywhere as 2020 sec basketball champions. If you want to talk the less impressive sec tourney believe they won 4 n a row from 2015 to 2018 if that tickles your fancy better.

And if you only refer to championship as ncaa it was 2012 and then a long ass 14 years back to 1998 before that and then the great 2 titles n 3 years and before 1996 it was all the way back n 1978 and then back to 58 before that. 4 titles n 65 years.
Wrong. Your credibility is COMPLETELY shot. Please don’t ever post here again:

Round 1- #5 Kentucky vs. #12 play-in Memphis/ASU. This was the year Cal managed to lose a home game to Evansville and then again to Utah. KenPom had us as a projected 8 seed. 5 is generous. Please surrender your credentials and quit posting troll

Reactions: EliteBlue

Round 1- #5 Kentucky vs. #12 play-in Memphis/ASU. This was the year Cal managed to lose a home game to Evansville and then again to Utah. KenPom had us as a projected 8 seed. 5 is generous. Please surrender your credentials and quit posting troll
That was from February, and no chance that team was a 5 seed. Not even saying they were that great, but they got the job done.

Any update on what day in August Antonio Reeves is entering the transfer portal and naming his new team?

I mean, since you are calling out trolls...
Look, I’ve told you I got a guy. If you don’t want to believe him bc you don’t like bad news or to prepare for reality, that’s fine. But if and when it happens next month, will you agree to self ban?

• Haha
Reactions: MdWIldcat55

Here is the final Top25 rankings for that season. UK was ranked 7 and 8 in both the major rankings so they should’ve been a 2 seed in the NCAA tourney that year almost assuredly. Maybe you should just permanban yourself lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Unfortunately you are right on this. That Evansville loss combined w losing some nonconf games was haunting us and killing our seeding.

We won the SEC and were better than a 5 seed by tournament time. Sagarin “recent rating” had us in the top 10 as a reflection of how we played the back half of the season. But we were looking at a 4 seed best case.

Will the next person that reads anybody mention UK hanging meaningless banners, point your fingers at them, and tell them, you're not IU in Bloomington, you're in UK at Lexington!!!

Unfortunately you are right on this. That Evansville loss combined w losing some nonconf games was haunting us and killing our seeding.

We won the SEC and were better than a 5 seed by tournament time. Sagarin “recent rating” had us in the top 10 as a reflection of how we played the back half of the season. But we were looking at a 4 seed best case.
I think 4 seed was probably closer to worst case. After this mock seeding came out, we won 2 road games and beat a top 20 Auburn team over the next 3 weeks. I think we were probably a 3/4 if we won a couple SEC Tournament games.

Reactions: EliteBlue
We did win the SEC in 2020.

But as far as winning an actual tournament? Well, you've got to go back to freaking 2018 for that. UK hasn't won a tournament since 2018 when we won the SEC Tourney. Since then we've won what...5 postseason games? Yeah....not good.

Since then the freaking state of Alabama has THREE SEC basketball titles. Auburn with one, and Bama with TWO.

Disgusting really.

Time to change that for sure.

To the fans the regular season AND tourney champs mean something......not so sure it does to Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT