ADVERTISEMENT

Landon Young Visiting Ohio State This Weekend

i believe we have 7 or 8 guys up there for that... maybe more. most of our ohio guys are going and hoak is competing in the elite 11 regional there i believe.

I'm happy to see our guys up there. It just shows we are bringing in actual Power 5 guys. I was highly upset when we were beating out ITT Tech, Daymar and the South Harmon Institute of Technology for players. Were now battling with the big dogs.

Reactions: KYDave32
Here's the thing. I see so many of our fans acting like we need to hide all of our really good commits in the back of the closet so that these tradition-rich programs won't find out about them or something.

If these commits want to go to another program, they're going to do it. What good does it do us to sit there and worry when these guys get offered by big programs? I myself like it when these guys get offered, because to me it validates just how good they are. If they're going to leave, they're going to leave. This is big-time recruiting, we can't hide these guys. If they're SEC caliber than teams are going to (or should) know about them. We need to get rid of the loser mentality that the only way we can keep a homegrown recruit is if we somehow keep him under the radar. Stop being so scared.

If you think that the only way we can keep these recruits is to somehow hide them or keep them under the radar, than you're fooling yourself. We need to stop being so scared of these guys going elsewhere. We have just as much of a right to these guys as anyone else. I'm not sure why we always feel so inferior to these other programs. This school has a lot more to offer than many of you all want to give it credit for.

all I know is if we can't keep guys like Landon Young and Damien Harris we will NEVER and I mean NEVER climb in the SEC. That is a fact.

I am still angry about losing Harris and the way he played us like a violin.

Drake is firmly committed. We may yet wind up with Landon, but if you read his tweets and interviews, it seems hes a softer verbal. Solid, but not a lock.

His recruitment is far from over, that's for sure. Hopefully he sticks and gets elevated a 4 star + he deserves.

Landon's not going anywhere. He's a kid that wants to take a look at what the other big time programs have and to travel and enjoy the Summer before his senior year. Plus, he knows I'm watching out my window and I'll tackle him if he tries to leave for any other place than Kentucky.

Need to keep this super-talented OL in Lexington!

Everyone hates seeing their commits visit other schools, and the majority of them take visits. Really its hard to turn down being treated like a king and having pretty coeds all around you. A few places make you really nervous, I hate for our kids to take late visits to Auburn and Ole Miss, AU has and always will test a kid's character and Ole Miss has joined them. their lead recruiter is Lane Kiffin's brother and he has been in more trouble than the guy who was at Louisville. Late visit to either means they are putting it all under the table and seeing what happens.

all I know is if we can't keep guys like Landon Young and Damien Harris we will NEVER and I mean NEVER climb in the SEC. That is a fact.

I am still angry about losing Harris and the way he played us like a violin.
---
You can't win them all & nobody, including Alabama, does, but I think we need to wait & see if he honors his commitment (& I think he will) before jumping off tall buildings. BTW, Mark Stoops didn't get played like a violin by Harris, he's been in more big recruiting battles than any coach we've ever had.

Spica Orbit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT