ADVERTISEMENT

Lamar Dawson

Hey Houston,
What's your gut feeling on this young man? I can remember a young man that wanted to come to UK about about 5 or 6 years ago, but he chose another SEC school because UK didn't have a good year that year. Do you think Dawson is waiting to see how UK plays out the year? Do you think he's waiting to see if S.Brown is kept as defensive coordinator? I'm just wondering what kind of shot UK really has of landing this young man.

I hope he's UKs to lose, but I'd really like to see him committ sooner than later for a recruiting boost and need. Dawson, Poole, and Daniels could solidfy a linebacking core that we've never seen before at UK. Add D.Trevthan in and we're solid for the next 4 years at least. Lets pray he's just taking in all the attention and really wearing a UK football t-shirt underneath it all.

Saw Dawson single handedly destroy Lafayette in the first half last Friday night. In addition to his defensive prowess, he ran the ball exceptionally well and also caught two passes. One of his receptions was a very nice leaping catch. Don't see as much HS FB as I used to but if he consistently plays to that level, this young man is as good as I've seen, ever. Most impressive. Goodness gracious, this is exactly the type of player we need.

You would think being right down the road from UK that someone would have some info on his situation. We need 2-3 FAST linebackers ASAP.

Larry Vaught just wrote an article today on his visit.

He won't pick early. He has stated numerous times he wants to focus on winning a state championship and then sit down and decide what is best for him. I think it comes down to UK or UF.
This post was edited on 10/7 10:56 AM by backinblack2003

Larry Vaught Article

will be UK's starting strongside linebacker the second his name hits the paperwork (hopefully)

Who's faster.....Dawson or Huzzie? May end up that Dawson slides to the mike while Dawson slides to the Sam or Will.

Originally posted by Brylee's_Dad:
Didn't Joker land this young man.

Can't tell when this was asked, as most of these posts are a year old.....but no we didn't land Dawson....he went for Lame Kiffin at USC

Originally posted by IrishPokerDog:
Originally posted by Brylee's_Dad:
Didn't Joker land this young man.

Can't tell when this was asked, as most of these posts are a year old.....but no we didn't land Dawson....he went for Lame Kiffin at USC

He asked this just the other day. He was not being serious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT