ADVERTISEMENT

La Familia

I think we might finally start getting some highly ranked recruiting classes.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: KFuqua and BBUK
I am standing firm on Kentucky (to include this program) not getting another dime from me until they employ a coach that prioritizes winning first and foremost. Cal has already had the caliber players that top NIL money will bring, and because his priorities don't align with what he's actually paid to do, this program will have the same lackluster results. This won't bring UK titles. So, bash me, poo poo me, but I'm comfortable dying on this hill.

I am standing firm on Kentucky (to include this program) not getting another dime from me until they employ a coach that prioritizes winning first and foremost. Cal has already had the caliber players that top NIL money will bring, and because his priorities don't align with what he's actually paid to do, this program will have the same lackluster results. This won't bring UK titles. So, bash me, poo poo me, but I'm comfortable dying on this hill.
You aren't needed

You aren't needed
Guess I never pictured you as the jerk type a guy, Dave. Whether I'm "needed" or not, I'm entitled to my opinion. The facts are, Cal has already been showered and spoiled with top talent for years. It hasn't helped Kentucky. I like Kentucky being proactive in NIL, just not convinced it will bare different fruit.

It is THE priority now in college sports so you have to play the game. I agree with you on the rest. Will it make a difference that can overcome JVC. JVC struck gold this year with these guys. SHHOTING is the most important thing in basketball.

Apologies to Semper Fi cat I was in a foul mood yesterday because I had surgery this morning and I was worried about that. Out of surgery and feeling positive now

How much better than the opponent do we need to be ? The entire lotto team for the NBA ? We have top recruits every year but have been losing , even though we are the fav's . Cal better cash in this season , in 2 weeks , make the FF or a huge failure .

Guess I never pictured you as the jerk type a guy, Dave. Whether I'm "needed" or not, I'm entitled to my opinion. The facts are, Cal has already been showered and spoiled with top talent for years. It hasn't helped Kentucky. I like Kentucky being proactive in NIL, just not convinced it will bare different fruit.

We have won a title and 4 final fours. UK has always recruited great talent. The difference is under calipari it's been mostly raw talent and the players often do not peak until leaving due to leaving so soon.

I'm ready for cal to be gone yesterday as well but it's not like his entire tenure has some been a massive failure and "its not helped kentucky" at all. He should have been allowed to leave in 2019.

I'll leave the NIL to the rich folks regardless.

Reactions: Skyguyb27
This could help Cal a lot, honestly. Despite so many "#1 classes," for a long time Cal has very much lived in a middle ground where he can get hauls of players whose total star power outdoes everyone else, largely due to an excess of open spots due to self-destructive turnover. BUT, he's often locked out of the top four or five, and that has made a difference over the years. Been the one missing piece.

I'm jumping out of sync with a lot of people I usually agree with when I say this actually COULD make a big difference in Cal's results. Sure I would prefer the innocence and purity of the actually amateur 80s. But since we can't have that, why not beat some people up? On the court of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT