ADVERTISEMENT

L. Vaught saying Reed is gonna thrive this season

JST390-2

Junior
Nov 1, 2015
Florida
However, surprisingly the one player not being mentioned a lot is Kentucky Mr. Basketball Reed Sheppard, the son of former UK players Stacey and Jeff Sheppard.

“Kentucky is going to have a lot of talent and only one basketball,” said Rivals/Yahoo basketball writer Krysten Peek. “I think the guy who will thrive the most is Reed Sheppard.”

Why Sheppard? He’s not the highest rated, the biggest or the most athletic.

“I think you can slide him anywhere on the perimeter,” Peek said. “He will make the right plays and he does not need the ball in his hands to impact the game in various ways.

“He’s exactly the perfect fit for Kentucky’s talent next year with all he can do and his willingness to do whatever coach Cal needs him to do.”

How do you think he’ll do Saul ?
Sheppard?

I think he'll be a really good player in year one. We saw how much he excelled against the guys ranked ahead of him. I think the media has a really bad habit of under-ranking white American guards, to be completely honest with you, even when they've proven themselves at the highest level. If Sheppard was a European player, they'd be gushing about him because of his passing abilities and know-how.

I think he's a top 15 freshman.

However, surprisingly the one player not being mentioned a lot is Kentucky Mr. Basketball Reed Sheppard, the son of former UK players Stacey and Jeff Sheppard.

“Kentucky is going to have a lot of talent and only one basketball,” said Rivals/Yahoo basketball writer Krysten Peek. “I think the guy who will thrive the most is Reed Sheppard.”

Why Sheppard? He’s not the highest rated, the biggest or the most athletic.

“I think you can slide him anywhere on the perimeter,” Peek said. “He will make the right plays and he does not need the ball in his hands to impact the game in various ways.

“He’s exactly the perfect fit for Kentucky’s talent next year with all he can do and his willingness to do whatever coach Cal needs him to do.”

Sheppard is the one I expect to play more because he plays the game better. He's like Larry Conley on the Runts.

We all know that come Jan we will all be complaining about how Cal never plays Reed.

It doesn’t matter who the players are, the story will always be the same until we get a new coach.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
We all know that come Jan we will all be complaining about how Cal never plays Reed.

It doesn’t matter who the players are, the story will always be the same until we get a new coach.
Cal played Herro.
Why wouldn't he play Reed.
Reed is ranked higher than Tyler coming out of HS.
Herro played more than Quickly or Hagan's as a frosh so so much for Cal always favoring the 5 stars.
People always want to use the 20 team as an example when the truth is the entire team was a shit show with one player just marginally being better than the other and it could always flip from night to night.
You couldn't make a winner out of that roster, I don't care who the coach was.

He made the mistake of complimenting a UK player. Must be some kind of conspiracy theory to say something positive about a UK player. It’s not like he plays for Arkansas or Kansas, the nerve you have to have to speak positively about our players.
You're missing the point. He NEVER says anything not positive about any UK player and especially not one from KY. So what he says isn't very relevant.

Reactions: UKMKG
Cal played Herro.
Why wouldn't he play Reed.
Reed is ranked higher than Tyler coming out of HS.
Herro played more than Quickly or Hagan's as a frosh so so much for Cal always favoring the 5 stars.
People always want to use the 20 team as an example when the truth is the entire team was a shit show with one player just marginally being better than the other and it could always flip from night to night.
You couldn't make a winner out of that roster, I don't care who the coach was.

This. People are just making crap up.

Reed may be the starting 3 at this point and go 3 guards lol. We have no 4 on the roster now.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
He made the mistake of complimenting a UK player. Must be some kind of conspiracy theory to say something positive about a UK player. It’s not like he plays for Arkansas or Kansas, the nerve you have to have to speak positively about our players.
agreed
it is sad how some on here want to trash very talented UK players and then they build up very average players from other teams
it is almost like they are trolls or something

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT