ADVERTISEMENT

Koby Brea Recruiting Update

This! On a side note, I actually feel Mahaney is a bit underrated. Just my opinion though.
Brea is obviously the better shooter, but Mahaney just seems like a more complete all around player. I haven’t seen enough of each to have a solid opinion.

I do wonder if the possible Brea visit means the UK staff doesn’t think they’re getting Mahaney perhaps?

Why would Brea go to Duke or UConn? They are BOTH loaded at his position. As of today, we have nobody at the three, except Oweh can play the two or three. We need three excellent shooters to go with our defensive guys. Perry and Chandler will be great here IMO, but they need a year to adjust.

Our next commits I would like 1) Osobor, 6-8 250 man child that is a big time offensive player. His confidence level is as high as it gets. Said he always feels he is the best on the floor. 2) Mahaney, 6-3 guard that can play the one or two. A versatile player that can score well and has a bulldog mentality. 3) Andrew Carr, 6-10 big that can shoot from deep and score. Experienced and offensive minded, would give us that third big that we have to have. 4) Brea, 6-6 three man that is an outstanding three point shooter. He should be salivating with an opportunity to play in an offense like this.

That would give us nine and then the staff can pick and choose a little more with the parts to add to those guys. White is another I would love to have but haven't heard anything from him for a few days. A 6-7 wing, can score consistently and doesn't have to rely on long range shooting. White and Osobor would make up maybe the best forward tandem in the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
Brea is obviously the better shooter, but Mahaney just seems like a more complete all around player. I haven’t seen enough of each to have a solid opinion.

I do wonder if the possible Brea visit means the UK staff doesn’t think they’re getting Mahaney perhaps?
I agree with that assessment. The upside with Mahaney is that he's potentially here for two years if he commits. That combined with his overall feel for the game is scary imo. He will be a great pick up for any team!

Could it mean that? It definitely could! However, I do think it could mean the opposite. The staff could say they need floor spacing and having two legit shooters could elevate both their games. It could also come down to NIL. It's just so hard to speculate with so little information. I personally doubt we get both, but nothing wrong with hoping!

What I was told yesterday from a Duke fan was that Brea was asking for 1.8 million in NIL and that was a deal breaker.
If that's the case, then that's insane. I'd rather have Mahaney if he's anywhere near that asking price. Just far better value.

mahaney, Carr, osobor, brea, Robinson, wells, poplar, baylor juco guy, Hawkins, Richmond and whatever other random players we don’t know about. Who out of this group do you all want.
In order
1. Osobor
2. Robinson
3. Poplar
4. Mahaney
5. Richmond
6. Wells
7. Carr
8. Brea

mahaney, Carr, osobor, brea, Robinson, wells, poplar, baylor juco guy, Hawkins, Richmond and whatever other random players we don’t know about. Who out of this group do you all want.
Mahaney, Carr, Osobor, Robinson, Wells, Richmond. That would give us a solid squad. I wouldn’t mind Poplar as well but we won’t get them all.

What I was told yesterday from a Duke fan was that Brea was asking for 1.8 million in NIL and that was a deal breaker.
He is insane then. He will find out real quick his value isn’t close to that. These numbers people throw out trip me out.

Why would Brea go to Duke or UConn? They are BOTH loaded at his position. As of today, we have nobody at the three, except Oweh can play the two or three. We need three excellent shooters to go with our defensive guys. Perry and Chandler will be great here IMO, but they need a year to adjust.

Our next commits I would like 1) Osobor, 6-8 250 man child that is a big time offensive player. His confidence level is as high as it gets. Said he always feels he is the best on the floor. 2) Mahaney, 6-3 guard that can play the one or two. A versatile player that can score well and has a bulldog mentality. 3) Andrew Carr, 6-10 big that can shoot from deep and score. Experienced and offensive minded, would give us that third big that we have to have. 4) Brea, 6-6 three man that is an outstanding three point shooter. He should be salivating with an opportunity to play in an offense like this.

That would give us nine and then the staff can pick and choose a little more with the parts to add to those guys. White is another I would love to have but haven't heard anything from him for a few days. A 6-7 wing, can score consistently and doesn't have to rely on long range shooting. White and Osobor would make up maybe the best forward tandem in the country.
Need Jaylen Wells

Pass on him. Can't break the bank for one player. Would spread it out and get good players all the way around. Good shooters in 40% area would do just fine.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
It seems the coaching staff is building a team of athletic defenders. Brea is a ball dominant guy that doesn’t fit that group. Brea and Johnell Davis are 25 shots/game players that want big NIL $
Yeah part of what's exciting about Pope to me is the ball moving all over other place, fast. The ball will stop, bigtime, with a guy needing that many shots.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Brea is far from a ball hog.
Averaged 29 m/g and averaged 7.5 shots/g. Shot 51.2%fg and 49.8% 3P. An outstanding shot maker who takes what is available. 246 shots in 33 games.

Facts do not cease to exist because some with an agenda ignore them.

rr

Last edited:
Brea is far from a ball hog.
Averaged 29 m/g and averaged 7.5 shots/g. Shot 51.2%fg and almost 49.8% 3P. An outstanding shot maker who takes what is available. 246 shots in 33 games.

Facts do not cease to exist because some with an agenda ignore them.

rr
I see absolutely nobody with an agenda. If someone has incorrect info that's one thing but an "agenda"?

So you just decided to start posting here right after you say blue woman was banned and you are using the same "rr" at the bottom in memory of her because she let you, as you say?

What a laugher ! LOL!!!

Last edited:
Looney Mrem GIF - Looney Mrem GIFs

It seems the coaching staff is building a team of athletic defenders. Brea is a ball dominant guy that doesn’t fit that group. Brea and Johnell Davis are 25 shots/game players that want big NIL $
Where are you getting that brea is a ball dominant guy at? Brea is a catch and shoot guy

• Love
Reactions: ruppsrunt66
unless the visit starts at 12 am , 48 hours is going to span 3 days.
Guys can unofficially visit a place, I would just assume if the visit goes longer than 48 hours they probably have to pay for one way of the transportation.

All this breaking down these transfer portal players

if they met the fans expectations of what they should be, they'd be in the NBA, not college JRs

Give Pope time to coach them up.

Blatant lies from a raftard, watch how quickly other raftards come to his defense. Lying and pushing an agenda is all they do, it’s their culture. Brea averaged 7 shots a game, Davis 13. They were both highly efficient. They’ll even lie about stuff that’s easy to debunk then rely on the Cats Illustrated cult to shout you down when you call out their lies.
You joined 23 minutes ago and are also claiming "agenda"? , LOL! What a joke. Psycho stuff. I think he simply exhaggerated or maybe even misspoke since so many new players are coming at us so fast.......and I stand by my statement that I want the ball to move. If it will move with them then GREAT!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT