ADVERTISEMENT

Kobi Simmons Talks About Recruitment at Seth Curry Camp

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1779318

Simmons isn't exactly lacking for attention from college coaches. He holds offers from Arizona, North Carolina, Kentucky, Georgia, Kansas, Syracuse, Louisville, Missouri and more. He said that he isn't sure yet if he will need to take all five visits, but he hopes to cut down his list and set visits after July ends.

Because of his size and scoring ability, some coaches may be tempted to try and play him as a shooting or combo guard, but Simmons is very clear on where he wants to play in college.
"I want to play the one," said Simmons. "Playing the point guard is very important
."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1779318

Simmons isn't exactly lacking for attention from college coaches. He holds offers from Arizona, North Carolina, Kentucky, Georgia, Kansas, Syracuse, Louisville, Missouri and more. He said that he isn't sure yet if he will need to take all five visits, but he hopes to cut down his list and set visits after July ends.

Because of his size and scoring ability, some coaches may be tempted to try and play him as a shooting or combo guard, but Simmons is very clear on where he wants to play in college.
"I want to play the one," said Simmons. "Playing the point guard is very important
."

If Cal is as smart as I think he is, it won't matter after he sees what Cal does with Murray and Briscoe.

Positionless basketball.

I didn't pick up anything special or specific in that care to elaborate? Did i miss something?

I think flexibility is something that is lost on these major high school prospects. The name of the NBA game right now is flexibility. A lot of guys are so rigid in what they want coming out of high school that they often times shoot themselves in the foot decision/development wise. Cal and UK prepare guys for actual NBA life. Some of the best players in school history have played a secondary role or played out of position during the season because that's what they will have to do in NBA. I hope this doesn't mean Kobi Simmions is looking elsewhere but I wish him well if he does.

Hopefully we get Simmons, Monk, Alkins, Isaac, and Ayton(reclassifies).

Then we bring back Ulis, Lee, Wynyard, Matthews, Mulder, Hawkins, Willis and Floreal.

That would be a beast of a team.

Are we considered a bigtime contender for Ayton?

I didn't pick up anything special or specific in that care to elaborate? Did i miss something?

Every answer regarding schools KY was the first one mentioned. It was one of only a couple he had already been to and one he is definitely going to officially visit.

Judging just by this short interview, we are in the forefront of his thoughts at least.

Ayton is the key to this class. I can't imagine he won't reclassify.

Simmons or Heron
Alkins or Monk (Alkins is the 2g version of Ulis)
Bridges or Isaac
Ayton

Is Ayton that behemoth?

Because i would very much like to see him to UK.

What is your definition of behemoth?

If you mean a skilled 7 footer ranked as the number one player in HS regardless of class, then yes, Ayton is "that behemoth."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT