ADVERTISEMENT

King of the Bluegrass tournament

bnewt

All-SEC
May 29, 2001
anyone else go to yesterday's session?
I went to watch the big Moreno kid from Great Crossings
pretty mixed results........watching him in warm ups, he has a very good looking shot for a 6'11" kid
but during the game, he fumbled away the first few passes & rebounds. He is very thin and needs strength
Team mates did not look very good. Coaching didn't appear too good either.
He was a good neck and shoulder taller than those guarding him. He was constantly double & tripled teamed.
The coach had him throwing every inbounds pass, which I didn't understand. He didn't play hard, maybe for fear of drawing fouls.
I only watched the 1st half. He had maybe 6 points, 6 rebounds & 1 block.

Going back tonight to watch the kid from Washington County.
The kid from Harlan is in the tournament too. Not sure if he played last night or tonight

I miss going to that tournament. Saw some really good teams and players play there over the years. My job has prevented me from attending for a very long time. I was young but still haven't seen a HS team as good as that 82 Dunbar squad.

pretty mixed results........watching him in warm ups, he has a very good looking shot for a 6'11" kid
but during the game, he fumbled away the first few passes & rebounds. He is very thin and needs strength
He was a good neck and shoulder taller than those guarding him. He was constantly double & tripled teamed.
The coach had him throwing every inbounds pass, which I didn't understand. He didn't play hard, maybe for fear of drawing fouls.

The kid from Harlan is in the tournament too. Not sure if he played last night or tonight

If you get a chance this year check out Montez gay george rogers Clark 6ft5 big frame and skilled his grand father is Larry gay long time assistant coach to Hugh Durham and Danny Crum played for Clark County too good chance Montez could grow another 2 or 3 inches he already has a scholarship offer to eastern ky

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT