ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky vs. Arkansas: Who wins

Nobody has constructed a team from all transfers, so this is experimental for all of us.

I think Cal would probably have the edge the first season, only because he left us with a completely empty roster. But nobody knows for sure.

Dilly and Reed won a lot of his games last year, im not sure he'll have the offense this coming season.

Call me old fashioned or what, but the last few years under Calapari were not up to UK standards.
We could talk for days on how we got to this point but for me, it is all about how Calapari left UK

Anyone who draws a paycheck should be held accountable.
It is obvious Calapari felt he was above accountability or criticism.
When the two teams meet in Rupp next year, the ghosts of Rupp, Joe B. will be in the building.
The fans will rise up and make life hell come game day with noise and passion.
It will be a day of celebration; one to finally put a nail in the coffin of the past few years.

I just feel Calapari left without showing class and tried to burn the program down on his way out.
Come game day, when they announce the teams/coaches, I wish Rupp would become engulfed in total silence. Not a whisper.
That would be more of a gut punch than a few thousand booing.

The home court advantage means a lot, our defense has been upgraded and Arkansas will be relying on several freshman, I like our chances. We should be able to exploit their defense, historically speaking. There is no doubt Pope will have Kentucky ready to play in an exciting new style of offense. Kentucky was loaded with back court talent last year and opposing teams lit us up from 3-point land, I don't see Arkansas all of the sudden being able to stop it, because Cal will not do anything different.

Nobody has constructed a team from all transfers, so this is experimental for all of us.

I think Cal would probably have the edge the
first season, only because he left us with a completely empty roster. But nobody knows for sure.

Dilly and Reed won a lot of his games last year, im not sure he'll have the offense this coming season.
False

Reactions: BlueSince92
a ton of factors.... is the game in late Feb or March or sooner? we dont know how their freshmen will shoot the ball or play defense. we dont know how our rosters will be finalized. Will our UK guys be able to keep their %'s with more shots?
And how will they officiate the game. If they allow it to be physical, we win hands down in how we have proven defensive studs.

What a dumb article to write before rosters have been finalized, before the kids have moved onto campus, and before practices have begun. Come back with that BS in November, C-BS!

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueTick2
Game being at Rupp will obviously help.

They might be favored in the game. Who knows

This is hard to answer considering we don't have a full roster at this time and also this team is going to be comprised of all transfers. It might take awhile for them to fully mesh.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
If it's at Rupp and early in the season, I like our seasoned veteran transfers and defense. Shepherd and Dillingham aren't walking though that door and coming off the bench to bail Cal out again next season. Nor does he have Reeves. That is a lot of scoring gone. Can Davis carry them and compensate for no defense? I have my doubts.

Last edited:
Just checked in, and yes, this is a UK board.
When I first took a glimpse, I thought it was a Hog Pen, lol.

🤣🤭

not sure but I expect it to be fun, I like Arkansas’s chances. I just think they have more talent overall, if they get Wagner and Pryor it gets really hard.

From CBS.....

Kentucky vs. Arkansas: Who wins if John Calipari's new-look Razorbacks faced Mark Pope's balanced Wildcats?​

Without considering the final rosters for both teams, slight edge to Pope if for no other reason Cal lost the only thing allowing him to put a semi-palatable product on the court - John Welch - and replaced him with Brad.

I think Cal would probably have the edge the first season, only because he left us with a completely empty roster. But nobody knows for sure.

What do you mean by that first part and what significance does it have? Every year - especially lately - many teams have brought in a significant influx of new players via the portal or freshman. Who cares if a handful of guys were on the team previously if the majority is new players? Don't try to make it out like it's some built in excuse for UK. We don't need excuses. We're going to be better next year than we have been in several.

And to that point, how many of Arkansas roster from this past year will be on the court for them next year?

not sure but I expect it to be fun, I like Arkansas’s chances. I just think they have more talent overall, if they get Wagner and Pryor it gets really hard.

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
When they met in 2017-18, Pope lost to Cal 73-63. That was the Kevin Knox/SGA/PJ Washingtom year iirc and Pope was at Utah Valley. With more resources Pope split with Baylor and Scott Drew, the only two games they ever met. Each coach won home game. Imo Drew is about the Cal-est non-Cal offense, with a better defense, similar talent, and more success in the relevant era so I think it’s a decent basis for comparison. This coming game, Pope will have considerably more talent than he had then and he will be at home with an absolutely furiously excited, rabid Rupp crowd. I think he cleans Cal’s clock.

The home court advantage means a lot, our defense has been upgraded and Arkansas will be relying on several freshman, I like our chances. We should be able to exploit their defense, historically speaking. There is no doubt Pope will have Kentucky ready to play in an exciting new style of offense. Kentucky was loaded with back court talent last year and opposing teams lit us up from 3-point land, I don't see Arkansas all of the sudden being able to stop it, because Cal will not
I thought CBS said they do not play this coming year, it would be next ? I thought we played everyone in conference at least once. One of us wrong, CBS or me.

Cal will have a team just like at UK last year. THey have marginal scoring at the 4 and 5. Almost rinse and repeat. Adioo and Theiro don't score a lot. And we know about Big Z. Arky will have to rely on guards to score. And I am sure they were promised all the shots. Lord I pity Arky fans.

Games aren't played on paper and a lot can and will change from today until next year when they play. But, as of today, Arkansas would certainly be the favorite based on roster construction right now.

Reactions: meow_cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT