ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. Missouri (Sunday)

You obviously don't like the double play but I'm happy he put the ballinto play and scored a run.

Cottam golfed one and it looked like he got a good chunk of it, but its caught any of the warning track to end the 2nd. UK up 5-1.

Lewis starts the third with a strikeout on a pitch that faded away from the lefty. Harris then singles into right center.

Ohh... Heyer mocked Harris' home run celebration from last night after he hit his 3 run shot today. He, like Harris last night, made a very exuberant stomp on home plate. That is what brought the bench warnings.

UK had a double play, but they called the ball foul. Probably was. Lewis then gets a strikeout for out two. Pop up to Becker ends the 3rd.

Lewis looking very sharp. Harris hit a pretty good pitch. Two strike outs that inning.

Heyer takes a tight fastball for strike three. Two of those pitches weren't strikes.

Becker works a full count but swings at a neck high fastball and gets a piece before swinging through a fastball. Would have had a walk had he laid off that neck high one.

Aklinski frozen ropes one into left for a two out single!

Lewis with a big K to start the fourth.

Looks like Lewis now has something in his eye. Trainers out.

Lewis gives up a walk. Full count on the next hitter.

And my child bit her cheek and is bleeding so I don't know what happened but UK got out of the 4th. Dawson then doubles.

Reactions: Old_Red
Lewis gives up a walk. Full count on the next hitter.

And my child bit her cheek and is bleeding so I don't know what happened but UK got out of the 4th. Dawson then doubles.
Fly out, strike out. Lewis is sharp and we really need that. We have the bats out again. This looks like how we looked prior to the SEC season start. Seems like we have our confidence again.

Squires having a rough day. Hits into two double plays but did get a first inning walk.

I'm confused. Was that a strike out or a throw out? Had to be one or the other. Lol

Strikeout limits the damage and we go to bottom 5. Should end the day for Lewis.

I'm really hoping that we can get another inning out of Lewis. I don't trust 3 innings coming out of our bullpen. Well, we really only need two, but I'd only trust Machamer and two innings out of him is asking a lot.

Edit: I was just hoping it was the 6th inning already. Definitely need Lewis to give us more innings if he can.

Last edited:
Looks like they might try to stretch Lewis for one more. Hope they have a very short leash on him.

Well that was a pitch out over the plate and it got unloaded on. So maybe Lewis should have been done.

Weird... Ming comes out with his lineup card after the home run. Did Missouri hit out of order?

Not sure what that was about. They talked to Ming for a long time.

Lewis with a gorgeous two seam and he doesn't get the strike call. Terrible. He gets the K two pitches later.

UK gives up a hit to the 9 hole. Belanger out. Pitching change. Going to Machamer!?!?!

Not sure I understand this move. He can't go 3.2 innings. That'd be nuts.

Mach gets a grounder to first but UK can't turn it. Cottam bobbled it a bit.

Harris now up. Very dangerous spot.

Strikeout ends the inning. UK up just one going to the bottom of the 6th. 6-5.

UK bats better get going again.

Mach playing with danger challenging hitters with high heat. He gets out one with a high fly to right center.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT