ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky is so far away

You’re spot on. I’ve been watching games last few days and we’d get murdered. Every time attention to detail. So much strategy. Cal is nothing but a grand pa now. It’s so embarrassing. Honestly we will never get back. Too many obstacles now.

I guess UConn didn’t go bowling. Just unreal.

I truly can’t see ANY path ahead that leads us anywhere near a Final Four as long as Cal is in charge. So many other teams, with worse talent, worse NILs, etc find themselves at least in the hunt. The last time I felt this far away from relevance was probably year #2 of BCG. And even then, at least we felt some anticipation that the plug would be pulled and we’d start fresh with a new face. Don’t even have that at the moment.

mLjH9oz.jpeg

You’re spot on. I’ve been watching games last few days and we’d get murdered. Every time attention to detail. So much strategy. Cal is nothing but a grand pa now. It’s so embarrassing. Honestly we will never get back. Too many obstacles now.

I doubt they wash feet to virtue signal.

And getting farther away every single day. It looks like we are going to see the exact same dumpster fire next year as we had this year, worse actually.

Not sure how many transfers are going to want to play for Cal when they see things like Thiero getting passed over, and you know players are talking out there, remember Wenyen Gabriel?

And to add to, most of the big name coaches have inked huge contracts this year, so no Oats, Hurley, Few, etc.. because we can't afford their buyouts.

Last edited:

Yeah I guarantee they didn’t go bowling. What a joke.

Go on the road and beat a team like TN and they are gonna make a final four. BAMA same thang and we are home watching elite basketball being played and thinking we are 10 years away from that.

Name 3 that could handle it without having a down year or 2 at the beginning.
What do you think next year is going to be? I think almost any coach willing to come here for the money and honor of being at KY could bring some of their recruits (like Kal did when he left Memphis), pickup some portal players, and have as good or better season results than we’ll have next year with this clown.

Cal should have been fired after 2015, and most definitely in 2019, 21, 22,23, and 24. No other coach in US would get this pass.

2015? Why do you say that? Genuinely asking. 38-1 team?

I despise Cal and have wanted him gone for years but curious as to your thinking of why you wanted him gone after that season.

Reactions: KYFOSSIL
Here’s where Cals philosophy has us. Alabama and Clemson. Two perennial Football powers. Are playing tonight to get to the final 4. These schools think of basketball only as a distraction until Spring Football. Cals agenda of promoting his program only as a stopping off point on the road to the NBA is why we are here. Cal was supposed to be our Saban. Instead he’s Tarkanian.

Here’s where Cals philosophy has us. Alabama and Clemson. Two perennial Football powers. Are playing tonight to get to the final 4. These schools think of basketball only as a distraction until Spring Football. Cals agenda of promoting his program only as a stopping off point on the road to the NBA is why we are here. Cal was supposed to be our Saban. Instead he’s Tarkanian.
Well lately he’s been our Dale Brown.

And getting farther away every single day. It looks like we are going to see the exact same dumpster fire next year as we had this year, worse actually.

Not sure how many transfers are going to want to play for Cal when they see things like Thiero getting passed over, and you know players are talking out there, remember Wenyen Gabriel?

And to add to, most of the big name coaches have inked huge contracts this year, so no Oats, Hurley, Few, etc.. because we can't afford their buyouts.
Whether it’s this year, next year, or five years down the line you’re going to have to pay somebody’s buyout if you want to hire a coach worth having.

Reactions: yoshukai

Same. He has killed the program. We might as well be a mid pack mid major. These teams left would embarrass us.

I am still hoping someone offers him real soon and he still leaves. It’s like we are living in the Twilight Zone. Thanks Mitch. You are as bad as Cal.
This right here was hoping SMU but if they take USC’s coach hopefully USC comes with a strong @$$ offer…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT