ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky has ceased to be fun anymore. 44 losses over the last 4 seasons.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
It's been years since we had a dominant team. When was the last time? 2015? Maybe 2017?

It's just exhausting at this point. We're losing to football schools with fanbases that know nothing about their own rosters. Meanwhile, our passionate fans stay up until almost midnight on a week night and just watch the same type of debacle week after week after week.

UK basketball has become cold and stale under Cal. Cal now has 44 losses in the last four years. That's 11 per year on average, with more to come. Tell me how this is in any way, shape or form Kentucky basketball.

Apathy has set in long ago with Kentucky Basketball for me. I don't even get upset anymore, it is inevitable these losses will keep happening as long as CCC is here. Watching Kentucky games are more of a chore and no joy. People can keep rationalizing these losses all they want but it does no good. This is not Kentucky Basketball!!

44 losses and counting over the last four years. Averaging 11 losses/season, and only going to go up.

This is not your grandpa's Kentucky Wildcats, ladies and gentlemen.
What has been the biggest difference in Cal's first 10 seasons compared to his last 4 is how MEDIOCRE our incoming Freshman are now. The last 20 seconds our 3 biggest recruits(Edwards, Wagner, Bradshaw) were ALL on the bench!!! And this is the 26th game of the season!!!

Can you imagine Wall, Boogie, Knight, Jones, Lamb, MKG, Davis, Nerlens, The Twins, Randle, KAT, Murray, Fox, Monk, Bam, Herro or PJ sitting on the bench for the last play of ANY game????!!!!!

Then you add to that the MASSIVE DECLINE in ALL ASPECT of Cal's coaching!!!

Now we have a program that is NO WHERE NEAR where it should be!!! I just hope Cal is tired of it all and either moves to another program or quits. Because Mitch has made it where Cal holds ALL of the cards.

SAD

Hell, it's not my Kentucky Wildcats, Son_Of_Saul! I do know what you're saying. We are watching Cal - destroy our program. "Gotta catch a flight." Good lord...
For an early game as he puts it. A 4 PM game for crying out loud!!! Some real leader of men we have here and teaching them no accountability to stand up like a man to answer for your shortcomings as a coach. It is ashamed what he has brought the Kentucky Basketball program in the 2nd half of his tenure here. Calipari is a sore loser and this is the kind of BS we gave Pitino hell for blowing off the media. Even worse, no one has the balls to ask any real questions in those postgame pressers anyway.

Reactions: Mulder14
It's been years since we had a dominant team. When was the last time? 2015? Maybe 2017?

It's just exhausting at this point. We're losing to football schools with fanbases that know nothing about their own rosters. Meanwhile, our passionate fans stay up until almost midnight on a week night and just watch the same type of debacle week after week after week.

UK basketball has become cold and stale under Cal. Cal now has 44 losses in the last four years. That's 11 per year on average, with more to come. Tell me how this is in any way, shape or form Kentucky basketball.
This team should be good, it’s amazing to me that Cal can’t even get a team capable of scoring a 100 to win consistently.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul

If I had been in a coma for the last 4 or 5 years and had just woken up & saw UK's record these last 5 seasons. My 1st question would be. What did we get put on probation over? I would see only 1 NCAA tournament win since 2019. UK would have to be on NCAA probation to be this bad.

If I had been in a coma for the last 4 or 5 years and had just woken up & saw UK's record these last 5 seasons. My 1st question would be. What did we get put on probation over? I would see only 1 NCAA tournament win since 2019. UK would have to be on NCAA probation to be this bad.
Great point. We have 44 losses in 4 years. Pitino had 50 losses in 8 years, including two probation years.

Cal could actually pass him up in half the time if he keeps crapping the bed this season.

I said that exact thing to my wife while we got steamrolled in the second half, basketball just isn’t fun anymore. It’s clear that Cal has lost his edge and no matter who he brings in, we’re going to underperform. I see another 10+ loss season and a flameout in the tourney, which is criminal considering the level of talent we have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT