ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Football Asst Coach Job Posting

That seems like a highly unusual posting for a variety of reasons. For one, we don't yet officially have an opening. And perhaps even more strange is the fact that it doesn't specifically pertain to any specific role. "Coaching and recruiting" is a bit on the vague side when it comes to job duties.

I know you can only have so many coaches who can recruit and do certain activities. Perhaps someone currently on the staff is being reshuffled into an admin position or something and this posting is for his replacement? Still, you would think it would be a bit more specific. Offense? Defense? Specific position group? Like I said, very vague. Not sure what this ad is in relation to. Perhaps it is just some low level entry posting for someone who would fall into the category of "support staff" and the bulk of the "recruiting" they would be doing is licking envelopes? I dunno. Weird.

Reactions: Fox2monk
That seems like a highly unusual posting for a variety of reasons. For one, we don't yet officially have an opening. And perhaps even more strange is the fact that it doesn't specifically pertain to any specific role. "Coaching and recruiting" is a bit on the vague side when it comes to job duties.

I know you can only have so many coaches who can recruit and do certain activities. Perhaps someone currently on the staff is being reshuffled into an admin position or something and this posting is for his replacement? Still, you would think it would be a bit more specific. Offense? Defense? Specific position group? Like I said, very vague. Not sure what this ad is in relation to. Perhaps it is just some low level entry posting for someone who would fall into the category of "support staff" and the bulk of the "recruiting" they would be doing is licking envelopes? I dunno. Weird.
I'm pretty sure every coaching job that posts is the exact same thing. It's not like a normal job where you have specific things you're looking for and will have a ton of random people apply. This is a job that Stoops will (if he hasn't already) find his man and then they will go through the formal process of applying for the job.

Good luck Woody. He got forced into the WE job because another guy got a DUI, he only came here to be an analyst for Coen.

Let's hire a friggin stud recruiter who has landed 4 star talent from the southeast before & been on power 5 staffs. And do the same after firing Buffano.

posting of Ky govt jobs requires 10 days public listing. Stoops has probably already verbally hired the new WR coach.

Good luck Woody. He got forced into the WE job because another guy got a DUI, he only came here to be an analyst for Coen.

Let's hire a friggin stud recruiter who has landed 4 star talent from the southeast before & been on power 5 staffs. And do the same after firing Buffano.

posting of Ky govt jobs requires 10 days public listing. Stoops has probably already verbally hired the new WR coach.
That requirement is a pain in the rump and causes stupid delays in replacements being announced.

Buffano should've been the first to go. Can't recruit and apparently can't coach.

Woody needed to go. I mean we basically only played 4 guys this year so we'll have no depth again next year.

Yenser needs to go as well. Our OL only saw a little improvement over last year's debacle.

I'm torn on Anwar Stewart. I know Stoops won't want a bunch of attrition but I've not been impressed with our pass rush since he's been here. It's been a big dropoff since LeBlanc left.

KSR reported he was fired
You don't get fired at the end of a contract. Your either retained for a new contract or your not. This kind of answers another post about KSR. Sometimes Vince gives them good intel. Then sometimes they make stuff up. Any outlet putting out that he got fired is just wanting clicks.

Hasn't Woody landed a few 4 star kids from Kentucky?(which is in the south east).

Hasn't Woody landed a few 4 star kids from Kentucky?(which is in the south east).
No, not really. He was credited with being a big part of landing Barion Brown. That was 2 classes ago. 2023 class, not much. Same for the 2024 one to be signed in a month.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Buffano should've been the first to go. Can't recruit and apparently can't coach.

Woody needed to go. I mean we basically only played 4 guys this year so we'll have no depth again next year.

Yenser needs to go as well. Our OL only saw a little improvement over last year's debacle.

I'm torn on Anwar Stewart. I know Stoops won't want a bunch of attrition but I've not been impressed with our pass rush since he's been here. It's been a big dropoff since LeBlanc left.
Re Stewart, rightly or wrongly UK's interior DL(read NG/DTs which are Stewart's guys) responsibility is to keep the OL off the LBs and they do a good job of that. They do stunt every now and then but pass rush is to come from DEs, OLBs, blitzes, that's not Stewart's responsibility, that falls on Brad White. All in all, Stewart's done a pretty good job.

Woody is a good coach

giphy.gif

I hate to be rude but , you blaming Stewart for our lack of a pass rush shows that you either have no idea what position he coaches OR you have no idea how our defensive scheme is supposed to operate.

I hate to be rude but , you blaming Stewart for our lack of a pass rush shows that you either have no idea what position he coaches OR you have no idea how our defensive scheme is supposed to operate.
It’s the same defensive scheme we’ve played since Stoops has been here. Go watch some games when LeBlanc was the DL coach and tell me you don’t see a difference.

Throwing from right field go get Craig yeast great hs coach and well known in the stste

It’s the same defensive scheme we’ve played since Stoops has been here. Go watch some games when LeBlanc was the DL coach and tell me you don’t see a difference.
Our defense is designed for our dline guys to be run stoppers , get some push up the middle on passing downs , and draw double teams so our edge rushers can have one on one blocking. They have been great at that . Our edge rushers have been bad . Stewart doesn’t coach out edge rushers .

Our defense is designed for our dline guys to be run stoppers , get some push up the middle on passing downs , and draw double teams so our edge rushers can have one on one blocking. They have been great at that . Our edge rushers have been bad . Stewart doesn’t coach out edge rushers .
Again, go back and watch our DL under LeBlanc. They got a much better pass rush than what we’ve seen under Stewart. And it’s the exact same scheme so it’s not like we’ve changed philosophy.

Again, go back and watch our DL under LeBlanc. They got a much better pass rush than what we’ve seen under Stewart. And it’s the exact same scheme so it’s not like we’ve changed philosophy.
Again. We were 2 nd in the sec against the run this year . And I am confident that our Dlineman had more sacks than the Dlineman back then . Heck, I’m thinking Deon had 5.5 by himself. Edge rushers are a different story though.

In the 3-4 defense (which we play) the job of pass rushing doesn't fall on the defensive line. It is the outside linebackers, specifically the JACK and to a lesser extent the SAM. The JACK is the primary pass rusher in a 3-4. He's a defensive end/linebacker hybrid that hopefully possesses a quick burst of speed if he wants to be good at his job.

If our defensive line was producing better pass rushing when LeBlanc was here, then that is either because we were playing the 4-3 back then or because the DL wasn't doing what they were told, because in a 3-4, the DL doesn't pass rush. End of story.

Again. We were 2 nd in the sec against the run this year . And I am confident that our Dlineman had more sacks than the Dlineman back then . Heck, I’m thinking Deon had 5.5 by himself. Edge rushers are a different story though.
We were gashed by the run against UT, Ga, Bama, Mizzou.

In 2017 LeBlanc had Sophomores Calvin Taylor and TJ Carter (who were 2 stars btw) whom he developed into pros. He also had Soph. Phil Hoskins and Fr. Quinton Bohanna, both lightly recruited, whom he developed into pros.

In 2018 he had Fr Marquan McCall whom he developed into a pro.

LeBlanc is now a DL coach in the NFL and for good reason. He was a great coach. Nobody is beating down the door to hire Stewart and for good reason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT