ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky fans DESERVE at least an Elite Eight on average every other year and a Final Four every three or four years...

Oh wait. That's what the Cats have averaged under Calipari: Seven Elite Eights or better in 14 tournaments. Four Final Fours or better; an average of one every 3.5 tournaments.

Nevermind.
I agree, I thought this year that an Elite Eight was the least Cal and this team should make it to. But Cal keeps proving me wrong.

If I win $300,000,000 lottery and don’t do nothing for 30 years, I would average making $10,000,000/year

@MdWIldcat55 thinks being a good fan means being a good little bobble head for Calipari.

It's why no one's taken him seriously in years as a poster.

He's like the Joseph Goebbels of Cal propaganda.

@MdWIldcat55 thinks being a good fan means being a good little bobble head for Calipari.

It's why no one's taken him seriously in years as a poster.

He's like the Joseph Goebbels of Cal propaganda.

@MdWIldcat55 is a physically and emotionally weak beta male. I’m not surprised he defends Calipari so relentlessly.

Basically he’s just digging his heels in at this point. Always conveniently leaves out the last 5 years. It’s glaringly apparent he’s let his leftist and progressive weak minded agenda cloud is judgment. That is the only reason someone can defend Calipari to the caliber he and others are currently defending him.

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
Oh wait. That's what the Cats have averaged under Calipari: Seven Elite Eights or better in 14 tournaments. Four Final Fours or better; an average of one every 3.5 tournaments.

Nevermind.

Someone should have explained to Cal how to sandbag. The truth is if you spread out his results across 15 years everything would be fine.

The problem is that they are not and he has BBN sinking faster than the Titanic.

A couple of things are really killing him here:

1. A second title. If he had won a second title specifically in '15 I think this would be a different story. Quite frankly I don't think things would be the way they have been since.

2. He has grown stale in his approach and nearly all of his off the court gaffes have occured since '15 as have most of his on the court gaffes.

Jim Carrey GIF

T
Here is what this all boils down to.

The success was front loaded.

Sure looking at things in totality it doesn't look awful at all. The problem is many believe the coach that got us that success earlier in this era is dead and gone. If people believe that 2010-2015 Cal was still coaching UK, would anyone have a problem moving forward with him? I can't imagine so. Sure some would still gripe at what he does and how he does it, but you couldn't argue with the success. Thing is many believe that guy isn't the same guy that's here now. Many believe college basketball has changed and u can't win the way Cal wants/is used to winning with.

If this was more balanced, would we even be having this conversation right now? Probably not.
That is what is crazy. I think if his success was spread out a bit more and there weren’t 4-5 disappointing seasons in a row, he is likely still favored.

The averages mentioned by the OP are stats we would all be happy with and are real numbers, but as you stated, are very front loaded.

If I do better than expected at my job for the first 6 years, kinda-sort meet the criteria for the middle four years, but then don't do my job at all for the last four, do I get to keep the job?

If I do better than expected at my job for the first 6 years, kinda-sort meet the criteria for the middle four years, but then don't do my job at all for the last four, do I get to keep the job?
You can’t rationally talk to some of those people. Cal has taken the easily taken advantage of segment of our fanbase and used it to his advantage

T

That is what is crazy. I think if his success was spread out a bit more and there weren’t 4-5 disappointing seasons in a row, he is likely still favored.

The averages mentioned by the OP are stats we would all be happy with and are real numbers, but as you stated, are very front loaded.

Even more crazy is that this could have very well happened. We won tournament games on last second shots in both 11 and 14. Some could argue that we were a little bit lucky to make final fours in those years.

Conversely we were single possessions from going to final fours in both 17 and 19.

We've had a 3 seed as recently as this season and a 2 seed as recently as two years ago. So there's been good "seasons"

That's just the nature of this sport tho. It's all based on what you do in March and if u go a long period without doing anything of note, you are on the chopping block lol

If you know how to play the game you do.

I'm not sure the "real job" comparison works well here.

If I do my job all year long and do it well in comparison to my co workers but I have a bad day, I don't get fired lol.

But we know this is different. Things in March are magnified. Cal got it done in March previously and he isn't currently, which is why many want him gone.

Statistics can be used to lie if they paint an inaccurate picture...
first half of his tenure, he was well above that average, but since the 2017 season...he's been well below that average. So, while the averages your post are technically true, they are misleading as well.

I have seen no one, NO ONE, argue that Cal wasn't ever successful during his UK tenure. However, most of those same people also say, "where has that success gone?"

Any previous UK coach was fired for the success rate that Cal has had since 2017.
None of those coaches performed at the level Cal did early in his tenure.

You kid, but this is absolutely the standard. And a title ever 8-10 years MAX

Kentucky fans deserve a program that knocks on the door year in and year out. We understand we won't win a Natty all the time. I'm 50+ years old and UK has won 4 in my lifetime. But we expect to be in the conversation every year and a tough out in the tournament every year.

Over the last 4 years this team has not been in the discussion, and they have not been a tough out in the tournament. That is what the expectation is. I don't believe a school like UK should be a ten-loss team. Not the way they recruit and in the era of the transfer portal UK should be more elite than ever before.
Excellent!

How sick and twisted is it that MDwildcat started this thread when Big Blue Nation is in sackcloth and ashes, just days after mourning a horrific first round loss?

Says a lot about him. I think he's a trash level fan and I can't wait for the day when this board is rid of him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT