ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky - Duke Matchup-

BigBlueSean

All-SEC
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2013
OK I am going to try and break this down objectively and I just wanted to see some of your all's Opinions:

PG:
Tyler Ulis v. Derryck Thornton

Breakdown: To Me Advantage goes Ulis. Derryck is good, but this will be his 1st big game under the lights for a really young kid with a ton of responsibility. He really is the only true PG on the team, should he get in foul trouble it could put Duke in a tricky spot. Put UK in that situation and you have 2 other NATURAL PG to slide over and be fine.

ADV: UK

SG/Wing:
Briscoe-Murray-Mulder-Matthews v. Matt Jones-Grayson Allen-Luke Kennard

Breakdown: This is interesting because ultimately, we really don't know who plays. With that being said Duke has the experience on our guys, But that is it. UK has more quality depth and athleticism. It really comes down to the ability of our guys to make shots, which I think they will be able to do, However, since it is still an "unknown" I'll give this a push.

ADV: Push (with slight lean to UK for depth)

PF:
Alex Poythress-Marcus Lee vs. Amile Jefferson-Brandon Ingram

Breakdown: This completely hinges on Poythress' health. If he is 100, he presents some really big problems for the soft/fragile Jefferson and Ingram. He will bully both much like he did in 2010 which is arguably his best game in a UK uniform
Marcus Lee is a freak athlete and more athletic than both Jefferson and Ingram, but Ingram is probably the most offensively gifted player out of all 4.

ADV: UK if Poy is Healthy - Duke if Poy isn't.

C:
Skal Labissiere- Isaac Humphries v. Chase Jeter- Marshall Plumlee

Breakdown: This is where UK flexes its muscles. Chase Jeter and Marshall Plumlee cant hold either of UK's guys jock. Should be an area UK exploits all night long and Duke just doesn't have an answer to.

ADV: UK by a mile

Final Outcome: I think its a good game for 30minutes, but in the last 10 UK makes a 5-6pt lead an 11-13pt lead and wind up winning by 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News