ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Tennessee

SeanCain do you just love to come on here and be miserable? Seriously. I don't know that I've seen a more negative fan. Why waste the energy? Just find something else to do with your time, you'll probably be an overall happier person.

It's in our own hands...IF they can win tomorrow, next week we play Fla @KPP while puke orange plays @ SC.
Tennessee is 32-4 at home but horrible on the road. I would like to get them again in the SEC tournament. I think we would have a good chance to take the game.

I'm here at the game and this is not looking good. We are up by a bunch and hitting them hard and Zach Lee was looking good and now it looks like maybe lucky to get this in as a game.

Last edited:
Wondered why it was not on the radio
I just looked at the weather.com hourly forecast for Knoxville, and it looks like things will clear up around 4:00 or so. I don't know if that is too late to resume the game.

Game re-starting. Byers taking over on the mound. ut top of the order to start the 3rd. Hope we can withstand the re-start. Holding my breath.

Burkes was 3 for 5 today. I could be wrong but I didn't see that little hitch backward with the bat as the pitch came in. It was all forward movement. I think that helps the batter be more consistent with the swing. It was good to see that he was also wound less tight when he was up there.

Really good (and important) win for UK today. Never thought I'd see the day where our small ball team is raining homers out of Lindsey Nelson stadium while UT gets blanked. That's baseball, I guess.

If we can win the series at home against UF, I think we're a lock for a regional host and we're right on the cusp of a top 8 seed.

If we win one, our RPI should still be strong enough to host, but we would have to hope we get the nod despite losing 6 of our 10 SEC series. Still, 16-14 in this conference is still excellent. 17-13 looks better.

Really good (and important) win for UK today. Never thought I'd see the day where our small ball team is raining homers out of Lindsey Nelson stadium while UT gets blanked. That's baseball, I guess.

If we can win the series at home against UF, I think we're a lock for a regional host and we're right on the cusp of a top 8 seed.

If we win one, our RPI should still be strong enough to host, but we would have to hope we get the nod despite losing 6 of our 10 SEC series. Still, 16-14 in this conference is still excellent. 17-13 looks better.
I think we already have a regional host locked up but one more win would make that 100%.

I think we already have a regional host locked up but one more win would make that 100%.

Most rankings have now dropped us to 19/20. Will be interesting to see how that effects tournament projections.

Most rankings have now dropped us to 19/20. Will be interesting to see how that effects tournament projections.
Florida was ranked around 20th in all of the polls at the end of the season last year with a RPI of 9 and a 15-15 record in the league and still hosted a regional. If Kentucky avoids the sweep this weekend they should be no worse than 2nd in the RPI. 16 wins and that metric will guarantee a regional host, IMO.

Florida was ranked around 20th in all of the polls at the end of the season last year with a RPI of 9 and a 15-15 record in the league and still hosted a regional. If Kentucky avoids the sweep this weekend they should be no worse than 2nd in the RPI. 16 wins and that metric will guarantee a regional host, IMO.
They did win 3 games in Hoover which certainly helped, but it’s still hard for me to see 16-14 with a RPI of 1 or 2 not getting the nod to host a regional.

I agree that our RPI is amazing, and that won't change.

I do worry that our ranking is closer to 20 and we will have lost 6 of 10 SEC series if we fail to win this weekend.

We have a great RPI and lots of Q1 wins, but I don't want to leave it to a committee to decide if there is any doubt. I think we need to win at least 1 this weekend and maybe even 2 to secure a host spot.

Think how different this would look if we had won either the Georgia or A&M series or both.

Yes. I feel like we deserved to Lose the UGA series as we were lucky to win the first game.

But, the A&M series really should have been a win. We blew game 2 when we had it won.

The third game against Vandy was also a killer to lose, as we were winning that game the entire way until the bottom of the 9th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT