ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Mississippi State (1)

If Harmon hits in the 9th for UK I am going to grade UK coaching at an F this week regardless of what happens the rest of the weekend. lol

Anyway, Rigsby back out in the 8th and he gives up an infield single to start the inning. An excuse me swing that perfectly goes in the hole at short and third. Choppy so that Church can't get it and too slow for Ritter to field and make a play.

Beautiful sac bunt and even better defense by Kessler. That thing had single all over it but Kessler gets to it and fields and throws in one motion to get the out.

Top of the lineup and Roszel coming out to talk to Rigsby.... he will give way to Cole Daniels.

Cole Daniels should go as Charlie Daniels circa 1980 for Halloween. He needs a huge cowboy hat and he's got the look locked down.

On the mound he has the breaking ball working as he gets ahead of the 1 hole hitter. Church commits an error (IMO) as he can't handle a ball slapped his way. Yea... it is an error. Just didn't get the glove down fast enough. Nutmegged him.

Runners at the corners 1 out. UK falling apart. Ritter gets what should be a custom made double play and he trips and falls and can't get an out and it scores a run for State. 1-5.

Ryan Ritter, everybody. Just surefire stud with gold glove ability. Best defender at SS Ming has ever seen.

Only has SIX damn errors already. Crock of shit.

Gap shot into left and all 3 score. 1-8 now.

UK played with fire all game long and it has now burned them.

Cole Daniels walks another.

UK has given up 13 free passes in this according to Chris Burke. That means that we have either given up a walk, HBP, or committed an error to allow someone on base. Unacceptable.

That, and we haven't hit for shit.

Back to back popups to third ends the State 8th. 1-8 going to the 9th. Last chance to UK.

Again... if Harmon hits..

Welp. Win tomorrow. Feel the staff was banking on tomorrow throwing Hagenow today instead of Stupp

Hill hits for Harmon and draws a leadoff walk.

Hill has had 5 SEC at bats (IIRC)... he has reached base in every single one. He has walked or been hit in 4 of them and on another he reached on an error which was a questionable error and probably could have gone as a hit. He is also 4-4 for stolen bases. Kid has done very good as a PH late in games. The batting average has dropped because of the error, but he's still getting on base.

Kessler hits a grounder to the right side and they throw the ball away. That should be an error on the pitcher. Again... I am going to complain... UK is down 8-1 and there is a huge shift to the right side on the lefty Kessler. No one at all at third base. Just bunt and get on base. It worked that UK got on base because the pitcher had to try to cover first and the freshman did a bad job of it, but it is another instance where UK gets a free base and they just don't take it.

Church strikes out. He did not look comfortable.

Welp. Win tomorrow. Feel the staff was banking on tomorrow throwing Hagenow today instead of Stupp

I don't think that was the idea. I think they threw Hagenow because he had the most rest and we could essentially keep Stupp on the same schedule that he normally pitches on by throwing him on Friday. Still... overall, did well early enough to win this game, but they did not get the run support needed. We had the fall apart inning, but we were never really competitive in this one because of our hitting.

Reactions: 167Hike
Ritter weakly grounds out to the pitcher and he goes to first to end the game 1-8 Bulldogs.

UK strikes out 15 times. We had just 5 hits, committed 2 errors. Just 3 walks and 1 of them was by the PH Hill in the 9th... so our starters could only draw 2 walks while striking out 15 times.

Ohh... and Kessler had 3 hits... so just 2 hits by other UK hitters the entire game. Schultz and Ritter. Everyone else went for a 0.

I just realized that if the game this weekend didn't have Burke and Neal that we might have gotten Neil Price and now I'm more upset...

Pitching dosen't matter if you're scoring 1 run with only five hit and striking out 15 times.

Its not just 5 hits. Kessler had 3. So the rest of your lineup went 2-29.
15 strikeouts. UK only put 18 balls in play. That is an issue.

I know MSU is a step up from the last two weeks in conference play, but last night was an absolute failure in all aspects.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT