ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Georgia (1)

I’ve pondered that issue.

In comparing college football with college baseball, and their respective histories, college football will always be possessed of the soul of football . . . “Outlined against a blue, gray October sky the Four Horsemen rode again. “

But the soul of baseball lies in Cincinnati, dating back to 1869 . . . and having nothing to do with a college campus.

Still, there is no reason college baseball cannot grow to equal college football in the next century!

I’ve argued that, especially in the SEC, baseball is more of a draw than basketball is. I was talking with a friend of mine who is a diehard LSU fan and he claims that basketball season for LSU fans is a placeholder between football and baseball season. It’s nothing to see more fans at a baseball game in the south than a lot of your basketball games. I would also make the argument that most SEC stadiums rival if not surpass a lot of minor league ball parks.

I’ve argued that, especially in the SEC, baseball is more of a draw than basketball is. I was talking with a friend of mine who is a diehard LSU fan and he claims that basketball season for LSU fans is a placeholder between football and baseball season. It’s nothing to see more fans at a baseball game in the south than a lot of your basketball games. I would also make the argument that most SEC stadiums rival if not surpass a lot of minor league ball parks.
You’re 💯 accurate. I would argue that the order in the SEC is 1) football, 2) baseball and 3) basketball. Obviously with UK being the outlier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT