ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne to Arkansas

Fox is a solid hire, more of a coach than Payne. Plus he's not gonna be used for recruiting lol
He is an awful hire. He just got fired last year at Cal for going 38-87 in 4 years. 17-61 in the pac 12.

Before that he was fired at UGA going 163-133. And 77-79 in the SEC.

In 18 years of coaching he has been in the NCAA tournament 5 times, never past the 2nd rd. 3 of those came his first 3 years of coaching. He hasn't coached an NCAA tournament team since 2015.

Having a better record as a HC than Payne isn't the recommendation you seem to think.

Kenny Payne or no Kenny Payne it’s pretty clear Arkansas will have a lot of talent .

Cal is the coach though . Talent is rarely the problem with him. But one big thing is the problem and it can kill the talent that you bring in .

He is an awful hire. He just got fired last year at Cal for going 38-87 in 4 years. 17-61 in the pac 12.

In 18 years of coaching he has been in the NCAA tournament 5 times, never past the 2nd rd. 3 of those came his first 3 years of coaching. He hasn't coached an NCAA tournament team since 2015.

Having a better record as a HC than Payne isn't the recommendation you seem to think.
I didn't realize he was hired to be our head coach.

Don't worry guys, we're going to announce Mark Fox as being on staff soon!

🙃
What's Fox's head coaching record? What's Payne's record? Let it play out. If it's a bad hire, critique it after the fact, not before it's even official.

Fox is a great X’s and O’s Coach, particularly on defense. His Nevada team over achieved more than any team in the country multiple years. Better than KP. Stop acting like that’s a bad hire

Reactions: ukfan041 and JB_Cat
Fair, just saying that record doesn't indicate this one way or another.
Oh I agree. Some guys are just natural number 2s. But I don't think KP is some big man guru as he was played out to be. WCS couldn't hit a mid range jumpshot here in 3 years. Cal was just pulling in insane talent from 2009-2015 that propped him up. I know Cal won't use him as X's and O's help. He's too stubborn.

Reactions: JwUKFan11
How much longer are you going to keep up this act?
What act? Let me guess, I am "trolling" because I said something you disagree with?

I didn't realize he was hired to be our head coach.
Well, not sure what you know about hiring people, but generally you look to hire people who have shown success in the industry you're hiring them for. What exactly is the criteria we're supposed to base his hiring on?

What's Fox's head coaching record? What's Payne's record? Let it play out. If it's a bad hire, critique it after the fact, not before it's even official.
You should read post 14. It gives a pretty good breakdown.

Although, is the only criteria needed to he hired by Pope that you have a better HC record than Payne?

However, Payne has a great track record as an assistant coach, and working with Cal, which is what he was hired to do. What about Fox...what was his hiring based on?

BluesDaddy is really the username Cal is my Daddy. We aren't talking about hiring Fox as a head coach.
Ohh, right. Because I've said so many glowing things about Cal's fat ass. Can you point those out for us?

Hint: not everything is about Cal, Moron!

LXtrillys
Screenshot-2024-04-06-at-6-26-25-PM.png

How someone fares as a head coach vs as an assistant is two different things. Assistants have designated roles and responsibilities. Head coaches have to oversee all of that. Some are better at one than the other.

Reactions: westerncat
What act? Let me guess, I am "trolling" because I said something you disagree with?

Well, not sure what you know about hiring people, but generally you look to hire people who have shown success in the industry you're hiring them for. What exactly is the criteria we're supposed to base his hiring on?

You should read post 14. It gives a pretty good breakdown.

Although, is the only criteria needed to he hired by Pope that you have a better HC record than Payne?

However, Payne has a great track record as an assistant coach, and working with Cal, which is what he was hired to do. What about Fox...what was his hiring based on?

Ohh, right. Because I've said so many glowing things about Cal's fat ass. Can you point those out for us?

Hint: not everything is about Cal, Moron!
I've read it and I already knew of Fox's successes and failures as a head coach. If you want to question why Fox would be considered, let me pose a question to you. Why was Bruiser brought on to the staff? What were his qualifications?

How someone fares as a head coach vs as an assistant is two different things. Assistants have designated roles and responsibilities. Head coaches have to oversee all of that. Some are better at one than the other.
Not disagreeing, but I am curious what his qualifications and background are for the role he is being hired for.

I've read it and I already knew of Fox's successes and failures as a head coach. If you want to question why Fox would be considered, let me pose a question to you. Why was Bruiser brought on to the staff? What were his qualifications?
I, like most, was always perplexed why Bruiser was brought here and what his role was. It seemed like a friend hire, which is why I am now questioning this hire since I don't understand it either.

What are Fox's qualifications for the job he is being given?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT