ADVERTISEMENT

Karter Knox schedules official visit to Kentucky

There's tons of minutes available for Knox and Edgecombe. This isn't 2013 where Cal is playing 6 guys.

Sheppard - 30-34 minutes/game (6-10 remaining)
Edgecombe - 28-30 minutes/game (10-12 remaining)
Knox - 25-30 minutes/game (10-15 remaining)
Quaintance - 25-30 minutes/game (10-15 remaining)
Onyenso - 20-22 minutes (18-20 remaining)

Quaintance moves to the 5 when Thiero is in the game.

Thiero - 20-22 minutes/game
Fland - 18-20 minutes/game
Burks, Cyril, Perry, Richmond, Hart = rest of the minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
All you need to know about this recruitment is that Knox Family had told Cal early on to recruit/not worry about them because the one thing they lived--Kevin Knox Jr was on a team that had a huge FR class and the best players played--they moved from Quade to SGA, Kevin signed late and he got his run/minutes. If you can play, you can play. But a tip of hat to Knox family for not holding up recruiting for UK or any program but specifically UK knowing that Cal will make things work.

Many believe Knox is better than his big brother.
here-we.gif

Is Knox below VJ as a player?
Yes. Knox has a lot of motor concerns. But he can turn it on and score when he wants to. Settles some imo for jumpers.

The thing is, with the right coach and right program to motivate him, he could be a really really good college player with a chance to be a great pro. I trust Cal to do that but I’d rather go for guys who don’t need to be motivated first.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Yes. Knox has a lot of motor concerns. But he can turn it on and score when he wants to. Settles some imo for jumpers.

The thing is, with the right coach and right program to motivate him, he could be a really really good college player with a chance to be a great pro. I trust Cal to do that but I’d rather go for guys who don’t need to be motivated first.
Thanks. VJ looks impressive on the defensive end in his film

I wish Richmond and Knox were more complimentary but both are really 3's although Knox probably sees himself as a 2.

I don’t think any FR (unless a top 5 elite type) is playing ahead of Theiro next year.
I also think Burks will contribute, say 15mpg. As for Perry, I’d put him and Hart about equal next year (Hart just needs to get stronger, which it looks like the new weight/conditioning coach can do).
Perry's is on different level entirely than Hart.
If TP can drop 40+ against Reed, what do you think he would have done vs. Hart?
Even Perry's lowest ranking(Rivals) is still way above Harts.

It’s honestly suprising that a kid with a pro brother would have motivation issues. I’d think Kevin would tell him how hard he had to train, practice, etc.. Just to stay in the league.

Reactions: westerncat

The only thing I know about Knox is what I've read...haven't even watched any highlight vids that I can recall. For some reason, I don't have a good vibe about this kid. It may be because I was somewhat disappointed w/ his brother's game? Maybe this year's group has me spoiled, but I want team players, and for some reason I worry about knox having that mindset. Again, haven't watched him and am going off just things I've read. Somebody who follows recruiting can hopefully set me straight?

I don’t think any FR (unless a top 5 elite type) is playing ahead of Theiro next year.
I also think Burks will contribute, say 15mpg. As for Perry, I’d put him and Hart about equal next year (Hart just needs to get stronger, which it looks like the new weight/conditioning coach can do).
Perry and Hart equal, hahahahahahahahaha, that could be the funniest thing I’ve ever read on rafters. Thanks JW. Yeah and also Reed is equal to Michael Porter.

Reactions: rodgersl

Weird, that seems to run in their family lol.

To me though, this seems like maybe UK is confident VJ isn't coming here? What with both being wing/sf type players from what I can tell?

If thats the case, I still say "bird in the hand", take Knox and coach him up.. as opposed to losing out on both.

I agree about the motor. I saw him play last year at Tampa Catholic. They got beat by another Tampa school , don’t recall the name . There was a kid on the other team that I thought was the best player on the floor. Knox’s body is definitely college ready. I was waiting for him to take over late in the game, he didn’t seem interested . Good player but like Kevin I don’t think he’s a game changer

Reactions: DaProdigy23
Knox is a perfect fourth option and what his brother should have been for us had we landed Trae Young.

Gotta get Peterson or hope for a hail Mary on Edgecombe.

Ideally, your top scoring threats for next year would go in this order:

#1. Sheppard
#2. Quaintance
#3. Edgecombe or Peterson
#4. Knox
#5. Fland

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT