ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Edwards

Well said!
Thanks. I help with move in and you can always see the kid who’s freaking out. You just gotta tell them it’s like chilling in your room at home, and the parents are always a phone call away. I couldn’t imagine ALSO having to perform at an elite level in a 23,000 seat arena.

I personally loved getting away from my parents lol. Great people, still together, always supportive. But I was like WOOOOO MY OWN TIME!!! But everyone is different.

Sorry kid. Some here will gut you like a fish unless you go lights out every damn night. They think you owe them for whatever weird reason. Forget those types. They aren’t worth your sweat.

Most in the blue mist just want to see you play your best and watch you and Kentucky improve as the season goes on. Those are the fans you came to play for, not the ones that dog you and your team mates every step.

Reactions: Kybluedude
Folks, we've seen it all from freshmen. We've seen some come in kicking butt and taking names from day one. We've seen others who took November to adjust and then came on strong as the season progressed. And if we're being honest, we've seen some who never did contribute as freshmen and some who transferred and never did contribute much.

Heck, we've seen a pretty wide gamut right here in this freshmen class.

My advice is support these guys, hold them accountable, hope for the best, and cheer them on when we see them contribute.

The best news is 2 things...
1. There are several of the freshmen who are already contributing.
2. We have returnees who have improved and are contributing well, so the freshmen aren't having to carry the team alone.

His primary issue is that he isn’t a dog. He lacks strength and toughness and is simply overmatched at this level. Unfortunately, this cannot be fixed in his short time here.

He needs to come off the bench, figure out what he can do to help this team, and then be drafted on his potential. A few posters - same old group of Cal fanboys - who are saying he’s the key to a postseason run are simply out of touch. If he were to be the key to such a run, we’d be doomed.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Bashing a kid so much after 4 games that he feels the need to post something?

Yeah. Nothing about that to be embarrassed about.
I'm doubling down on this excellent post.
Players read websites like this...and it sticks with them.
It shouldn't, but 18 year olds have fragile egos.

My son (baseball) went 1 for 17 first 2 weeks his freshman year.
He drove home one night and asked: "Dad, what am I doing wrong?"
I lied, making up I had "spotted" he had changed his back foot in stance.
The next game, he line drive singled up the middle.
Hit .380 for next 4 years.

It was all between his ears.

Cal needs to show Wagner video of Marquis Teague during 12'. They are essentially the same player. Bull dog, down hill drivers, not exactly killer at 3. Focus on being a lock down defender and initiate the offense.

Lol lots of older guys on this board think Justin Edwards and others are reading this board? Try instagram and twitter. No one reads these message boards save for old timers like you and a few younger guys who are diehards and don't like social media (me). It's not 2006 anymore.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
Definitely USED to be the best.

We have quickly become the most negative and overly critical fanbase in college basketball- we bash our own players and coaches more than we spend time praising them, or bashing our rivals.

It's embarrassing.
That's what happens when you dont perform. Go read a boston sports message board, alabama football, lakers basketball, celtics basketball etc etc. Nothing new. It's every program/franchise with a rabid fanbase thats used to success.

Lol lots of older guys on this board think Justin Edwards and others are reading this board? Try instagram and twitter. No one reads these message boards save for old timers like you and a few younger guys who are diehards and don't like social media (me). It's not 2006 anymore.
You’re probably right I don’t do Twitter or Instagram but it still doesn’t excuse fashion the players from your own team particularly this early in the season with freshman. But I guarantee family and friends watch it if they don’t.

The day Wagner and Edwards wake up with the explosiveness of Shep and Dilly, watch out. We will be the team to beat as long as Cal doesn't ruin momentum with stupid sub patterns.

No, nobody thinks that. This is where some of us have chosen to support the Cats and some chose to crap all over them. Instagram and X are full of crap with even less moderation than here. Not worth the effort. By the way, there is no twitter. It’s X now. This ain’t 2021 anymore.

No, nobody thinks that. This is where some of us have chosen to support the Cats and some chose to crap all over them. Instagram and X are full of crap with even less moderation than here. Not worth the effort. By the way, there is no twitter. It’s X now. This ain’t 2021 anymore.
Read the replies of this thread. It will always be twitter to me. PLAYSTATION!!!!

My advice to the kid or anyone struggling.
Get out of your own head. Put your phone down, stay off the message boards. Go make a play. It doesn’t have to be with the ball in your hands. If you are struggling ask yourself, are you really playing as absolutely hard as you can!?

Go get a rebound, go deflect a pass. Get a steal. Play tenacious defense. Make foul shots. Go after every rebound like the game depends on it. Sprint to your spot on the floor. Reed will get you an open look. Success doesn’t come easy and it sure as hell isn’t free! Prepare yourself to be successful!
I think to their credit both Wagner and Edwards are still trying to do those other "little" things to help the team. I'm in the camp that thinks they'll both be fine; possibly to the level of stardom, but that remains to be seen

His primary issue is that he isn’t a dog. He lacks strength and toughness and is simply overmatched at this level. Unfortunately, this cannot be fixed in his short time here.

He needs to come off the bench, figure out what he can do to help this team, and then be drafted on his potential. A few posters - same old group of Cal fanboys - who are saying he’s the key to a postseason run are simply out of touch. If he were to be the key to such a run, we’d be doomed.

I suspect Edwards will be another one that we see put up numbers in the NBA that make us say "where was that when he was here?"

Read the replies of this thread. It will always be twitter to me. PLAYSTATION!!!!
So these replies are more factual than the fact there ain’t no damn Twitter anymore? You come here with ageist bashing and acting like people are living in 2006 and YOU can’t keep up with a simple name change. You better stick to PlayStation. That seems to be your limit.

• Haha
So these replies are more factual than the fact there ain’t no damn Twitter anymore? You come here with ageist bashing and acting like people are living in 2006 and YOU can’t keep up with a simple name change. You better stick to PlayStation. That seems to be your limit.
I know it's called x, grandpa. I won't be calling it that. It will always be twitter to me. Can you tell me the difference between a gigabyte and a terrabyte?

I know it's called x, grandpa. I won't be calling it that. It will always be twitter to me. Can you tell me the difference between a gigabyte and a terrabyte?
You have zero clue what game you are playing. Don't bother me with trivia when you clearly have a kilobit of memory to fall back on, since you can’t even recall a single letter. If you want to rumble regarding technology then, care to expound on the virtues and pitfalls of virtual networking technology and wisdom of their coexistence within particular management schema such as a given controller or hypervisor? Gigabytes versus Terrabyte. Laugh.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT