ADVERTISEMENT

JUSTIFIED RETURNS TONIGHT

The original series is a top five fav ever. I hate most of Hollywood actors, but Michael Rappaport…despise him, so seeing him offed was glorious.

Watched 20 minutes of the new series Saturday. Turned it off. No desire to revisit it. The series ended with the original one. This is some sort of meta verse thing.

I don't think CP is bad. It's just not great, and the original series was great... with a perfect ending.

The acting is superb in this one, but the story is hollow, and they've done nothing to really develop the characters' actions. It's one of those where you don't really care what happens to anyone because they haven't earned any of your emotions one way or the other. (And what was the point of his daughter being in this series? Thought that was going to eventually be part of the end game. Maybe it will. I dunno. As of now, just feels like an excuse to get his RL daughter some acting experience.)

Reactions: roguemocha
i got to episode 3. have the others saved off in my YTTV library, but haven't even thought more than a few seconds about watching them....was actually going to try and start episode 4 last night, but found myself watching an entire hour long documentary on Riddick Bowe on YT.

I want to like it because the original was one of my top 10 (probably top 5) favorite shows ever.

Finished the season last night. By mistake, I watched 20 mins of the original S1 before realizing it but "lost my shit" seeing Boyd.

And, he's out!

Reactions: kyeric
Well I freaking nailed that one. Although no one seemed to lose their shit here. Missed that part I guess.

I'm not sure how many of us have watched it that far...i'm still waiting to start Ep 4.

I'm hoping to finish it up soon, but would LOVE for Boyd to actually come back.

For me, loved the original show, but Boyd really pushed it over the top a lot of times. For me, he's sort of like Kramer in Seinfeld. He pretty much takes over every scene he's a part of, and that was pretty much always a good thing.

Kramer is probably my favorite individual character in any show i've watched, regardless of genre.

I thought it ended strong, especially when, well, you know, at the end and all.

Clement walking in and just seeing that hat in the dark was awesome. He knew he was done. They also did a decent job of establishing why Raylan might quit after seeing all the corruption at every level in Detroit while his relationship with his daughter was gonna end like his wife. I'm giving it 7/10 because the last two eps were so strong, but nowhere close to the 10/10 the original series was almost from start to finish.

Well , Boyd escaping, Raylan wearing a Jason Isbell t shirt, and Dwight Yoakam playing over the closing credits.. ...lots to like there. Better be a season 2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT