ADVERTISEMENT

Just Saw One Of These Fly Over My Neighborhood Earlier

KyCatFan

All-American
May 7, 2002
transform_s4_p2_p3.jpg

Pretty unusual to see a V-22 Osprey flying through Louisville with no Air Force or Marine bases (the primary users of the plane I believe) nearby. I assume it was just passing through. I'm not sure if the Army ever uses the plane or not. It may have been doing some kind of exercises at Fort Knox. Wish I heard it sooner to get a picture of it. I was in the Air Force and worked around aircraft so I find things like this interesting.

I’ve seen several of those fly over the Louisville area over the years. Wickedest military thing I ever heard was an Apache formation fly very low directly overhead at night. They were scooting and the bass those things were generating rattled my soul.

Still mostly a Navy aircraft IIRC

There were actually several cancelled orders from the other US Svc's over the years

Japan bought a bunch though

There's a Naval Surface Warfare Ctr in Indiana I think
don't know if that's a possible origin

It could also possibly have been Boeing's property and being tested as it's on the way for USG delivery

Still mostly a Navy aircraft IIRC

There were actually several cancelled orders from the other US Svc's over the years

Japan bought a bunch though

There's a Naval Surface Warfare Ctr in Indiana I think
don't know if that's a possible origin

It could also possibly have been Boeing's property and being tested as it's on the way for USG delivery

Marines replaced the CH-46 helicopter with them, so they have a bunch of em. I pretty much see them here in eastern NC every day.

We vacationed in Destin this yr. Saw a formation of 3 almost every single day going back/forth from presumably Eglin to Tyndall.

We stayed in Mexico Beach FL a few years ago. It was pretty cool to see the fighter jets flying in an out of Tyndall to do training exercises everyday. There was no sleeping in though because those things flying over your condo at 8:00 will wake you up in a hurry.

The Air Force Academy isn't far from me. One of the things I love are flyover's before a college football game. Part of the pageantry. I once saw one at a CU/CSU game, and I thought I could reach up and up and touch them. Angels on our shoulders. Coming out of the setting sun over the Front Range. It took my breath away. It pleases me so much to know that one of my best friends from Harlan became an F18 pilot, and there are men and women looking out for us everyday.

The Air Force Academy isn't far from me. One of the things I love are flyover's before a college football game. Part of the pageantry. I once saw one at a CU/CSU game, and I thought I could reach up and up and touch them. Angels on our shoulders. Coming out of the setting sun over the Front Range. It took my breath away. It pleases me so much to know that one of my best friends from Harlan became an F18 pilot, and there are men and women looking out for us everyday.

Col Springs!

You also have a significant CDC site -- vector borne diseases if I remember correctly

Is Shriever Air Station still out there?
(Used to be called Falcon A/S when I visited)

Talk about a place with some interesting crap

Tesla once blew up the town's power grid I think
Peterson AFB is there and controls all of Air Force Space Command
NORAD

The Rams

Is that Cherry Point?

I drove my sweetie up to Cherry Point in Pop's '59 Chevy...The fields were empty, laying in the back seat listening to Little Willie John. Yea, that's when time stood still.

"You know, I think I'm gonna go down to Madam X
And let her read my mind".
She said "That Voodoo stuff don't do nothing for me."

Who was that?

Who was that?

I would be betraying his right to privacy if I said. I'll only say they don't give the keys to one of those things to just anyone. I once drove 400 miles round trip just to sit in it's cockpit. They are not like private jets with all their fancy stuff. They are all business with just bunches of metal switches, and more instruments than I could count, and I can count. I'm amazed anyone can fly one of those things, but as I've said I'm damn glad they are out there looking out for you and me.

I would be betraying his right to privacy if I said. I'll only say they don't give the keys to one of those things to just anyone. I once drove 400 miles round trip just to sit in it's cockpit. They are not like private jets with all their fancy stuff. They are all business with just bunches of metal switches, and more instruments than I could count, and I can count. I'm amazed anyone can fly one of those things, but as I've said I'm damn glad they are out there looking out for you and me.
Right to privacy. Good God man, I grew up in Harlan County and just wondered who he is. Can we send him a HIPPA form to sign?

-played against cherry point in a rugby game at the cape fear 7's tourney in wilminton nc. They sucked and we kicked their ass...but they got their licks in. Dirtiest sob's I ever played against.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT