ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan dingle enter the portal

I’m spitballing, but does any of this have to do with NIL compared to other TE’s in the room? No one probably knows, but I wonder if another TE on our roster is getting more $?

I think this is where UK is behind other SEC schools. We must allocate $ for most strategic positions. (We certainly did a good job getting a QB.). But, I’m guessing Dingle values himself higher than most TE’s in the room.

I think we lost Justin Rogers last year because he knew he wasn’t getting same $ as Walker.

I’m guessing Dingle ends up at top tier SEC or B10 school. I hate it, but it’s the new way of college football.

When you run the fewest plays in the country, there just aren't enough opportunities for a deep bench of talented pass catchers. Robinson, Key, Brown, Anthony-Stephens, Dingle, Kattus, Ray Davis, and occasionally others were all divvying up 16(!!) completions a game (on about 28 attempts). I bet their splits weren't far off from other offenses with relative talent parity, but the total opportunities were just way fewer. Gotta pick up the pace or it's hard to imagine attracting much depth at receiver.

Probably told in interviews that he will need to improve his blocking. That along with slow pace and crowded room makes his decision easier

How are we going to replace like a 1/3 of our team?
Because we did it last yr. And we will do it next yr. Because this is life in CFB now. In 2022 20 UK players left in the portal, we brought in 13 new ones. 2023 turnover will be similar.

Posted this in the other thread. Tennessee lost out on their #1 TE in the portal.

Wouldn't be surprised if Haslem $$$$ isn't behind Dingles decision to hit the portal.

He will be a pass catching star in that offense if that happens.

Two best TE’s still on the roster. I’m more worried about the OL, LB’s and secondary

Reactions: entropy13
Posted this in the other thread. Tennessee lost out on their #1 TE in the portal.

Wouldn't be surprised if Haslem $$$$ isn't behind Dingles decision to hit the portal.

He will be a pass catching star in that offense if that happens.
This is who I think wants him and has the money to pay. Also, he might have gotten tired of all the blocking requirements Coen/Stoops puts on the TE position.

Not so strange. Dingle was injured for most of our SEC season.
I guess I missed that. I knew he got dinged up fairly early in the season but I never heard it was a very serious injury that would keep him out of 6+ games (like a knee or similar). I thought he was dressing and game time decision most of the last half of the season. Guess I'm wrong.

I’m spitballing, but does any of this have to do with NIL compared to other TE’s in the room? No one probably knows, but I wonder if another TE on our roster is getting more $?

I think this is where UK is behind other SEC schools. We must allocate $ for most strategic positions. (We certainly did a good job getting a QB.). But, I’m guessing Dingle values himself higher than most TE’s in the room.

I think we lost Justin Rogers last year because he knew he wasn’t getting same $ as Walker.

I’m guessing Dingle ends up at top tier SEC or B10 school. I hate it, but it’s the new way of college football.
Walker >>>>>>> Rogers. Not close. One is a potential AA. The other is a solid college lineman.

Reactions: yoshukai and Davae9
Bowers had 714 yards in 10 games. Dingle had 198 in 10. The snap difference on offense between UK and UGA were probably immense. I would bet this is about NIL. I hate losing him, because he is really good. Hopefully someone else steps up. Kattus needs to stay healthy and Anderson needs to develop. Hopefully, Lemaster is solid in the rotation as a RS frosh.

Reactions: JASUN74
Walker >>>>>>> Rogers. Not close. One is a potential AA. The other is a solid college lineman.
I agree 110%. My point is that it’s hard to watch someone beside you get more $. Rogers was the big fish in the room before Walker arrived.

I’m not saying another existing or incoming TE is getting more NIL. Just wondering if that’s possible.

I’m sure they tell players not to talk about their $, but we both know college students are going to brag about how much they’re making. (And probably exaggerate it.)

I agree 110%. My point is that it’s hard to watch someone beside you get more $. Rogers was the big fish in the room before Walker arrived.

I’m not saying another existing or incoming TE is getting more NIL. Just wondering if that’s possible.

I’m sure they tell players not to talk about their $, but we both know college students are going to brag about how much they’re making. (And probably exaggerate it.)
This is what happens when you mix teenagers/20 yr olds with$$$ that they've never had access to. Nil will be the death of college football without reigning it in.

Didnt he have a brother on the roster too, or did I dream that? Or did he already leave, if he even existed at all? LOL Excuse my senility

Bowers had 714 yards in 10 games. Dingle had 198 in 10. The snap difference on offense between UK and UGA were probably immense. I would bet this is about NIL. I hate losing him, because he is really good. Hopefully someone else steps up. Kattus needs to stay healthy and Anderson needs to develop. Hopefully, Leentmaster is solid in the rotation as a RS frosh.
Apples to oranges. Bowers is probably a t5 nfl draft and Stoops offensive philosophy is much different than Smarts. FEED THE STUDS!

“Feed the studs” - Bobby Petrino

Apples to Apples:

Here are the percentages of TE catches to total passing game for some selected teams:

Michigan - 30%
UGA - 25%
Texas - 21%
UK - 20%
Bama - 18%
UT - 17%
Washington - 16%
Ole Miss - 15%
Missouri - 7%

Didnt he have a brother on the roster too, or did I dream that? Or did he already leave, if he even existed at all? LOL Excuse my senility
Yes his younger brother D linemen indicated he was leaving last week.

Again, all are free to do crazy fact-free speculation that Knoxville is breaking the bank for a TE with less than 200 yds receiving. Personally I'm just gonna be logical that it is a family thing, looking for a place where he can play with his brother.

Two best TE’s still on the roster. I’m more worried about the OL, LB’s and secondary
I don't agree with that statement, but I can see why people would think that based off how our staff used them. Dingle is no worse than the second best tight end on this team and for my money, he is the most complete tight end we have

This is what happens when you mix teenagers/20 yr olds with$$$ that they've never had access to. Nil will be the death of college football without reigning it in.
None of us know why anyone transfers or what their financial status is, so this is a very judgmental assumption when someone transfers. College football ratings have sky rocketed since the NIL deals came along, like it or not, it is not hurting the sport as a whole, its actually thriving and reaching new fans so it is here to stay. Change is inevitable and its way past due that the athlete's themselves get in on this money

Last edited:
How are we going to replace like a 1/3 of our team?
It won't be 1/3rd, and we replaced as many in 2021 in much the same fashion.

Rosenthal, Jaquez Jones, Wandale Robinson and Levis all played key roles in our ten win season in 2021/22.

Can you name the 15+ that left prior to that season?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT