ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Burks picks a new school

I wonder how many of the possible holdovers from last years team Pope really wanted? I'm not counting Sheppard because he was not going to return. Did Pope at some level want a clean break from Cal players?

I’ve wondered the same thing. It just seems odd that not a single player stayed. I’m starting to think it’s because Pope didn’t offer for any of them to stay. Burks is kind of a perfect piece to stay with the current roster. He got have played decent mins at the 4 spot.

Cooley has a track record of reviving talented UK forwards who were stuck to Cal’s bench. I hope Burks enjoys the same success Bryce Hopkins has enjoyed at Providence.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
I’ve wondered the same thing. It just seems odd that not a single player stayed. I’m starting to think it’s because Pope didn’t offer for any of them to stay. Burks is kind of a perfect piece to stay with the current roster. He got have played decent mins at the 4 spot.
Honestly the longer I’ve thought about it the more I think it was about having a clean break and starting over. I just think Pope wanted his own guys.

Reactions: BigKari
I think it was more Barnhart than Pope.

he didn't follow Cal so that puts a smile on my face....... that's right.... #petty lol

• Haha
Reactions: ib4ky
I wonder how many of the possible holdovers from last years team Pope really wanted? I'm not counting Sheppard because he was not going to return. Did Pope at some level want a clean break from Cal players?
If I had to wager a bet, yes, I think CMP is fine with cutting ties with all of them. And I never saw Shep coming back. Got to take the money and run you know...

Reactions: TFCats11
I really like this kid. In all honesty, it was probably best to clean house.

Reactions: ib4ky and stereonut
If I had to wager a bet, yes, I think CMP is fine with cutting ties with all of them. And I never saw Shep coming back. Got to take the money and run you know...
I don’t think Pope saw Shep coming back either lol

Sheppard wasn't an option but the exception Pope would have made if it had been possible. Pope may be a bit more hard core than we think(which will serve him well) I want my people from day 1 may have been his thought. Clean slate for all sounds like the right approach to me

Sheppard wasn't an option but the exception Pope would have made if it had been possible. Pope may be a bit more hard core than we think(which will serve him well) I want my people from day 1 may have been his thought. Clean slate for all sounds like the right approach to me
Yep!

Reactions: NociHTTP
If I were Pope, I'd want a clean break from Cal players, too. The biggest change that was needed here was the culture. Pope may have thought Burks would be a thorn in the side of what he was trying to implement.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
We have 10 players right now, I think Pope is saving the last 2-3 spots for Robinson, Lanier

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT