ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Burks Announcement

It's more than speculation now.He's leaving.

I was talking in general. UK fans have a lot to be unhappy about but lately I've seen meltdowns for little to nothing. This thread should be fairly upbeat. We are most likely getting a kid who wants to play for UK, will probably be a 4 year player and provide another body that we need.

I was talking in general. UK fans have a lot to be unhappy about but lately I've seen meltdowns for little to nothing. This thread should be fairly upbeat. We are most likely getting a kid who wants to play for UK, will probably be a 4 year player and provide another body that we need.
You talking about the kid who went to 3 high schools his junior year and 2 or 3 his senior year?Yeah he sounds like the type to stick around.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Could Cal being in DC be the cause of the delay?

I can only imagine the moral high ground Mitch tried to take during this meeting.

Please govt help us make level the playing field, these kids don’t need guarantees, let the money stay with the rich. I bet his knees were awfully sore after the meeting.

So is Reeves leaving enough to upset you or do we not get upset over that either
Exactly. There’s obviously a big problem with Reeves or he would have said I’m back like most other players on teams who didn’t enter the portal. He supposedly made 6 figures last year and shot all he could so I don’t get it. Michigan rumors make no sense when their AA caliber player didn’t make 6 figures.

You talking about the kid who went to 3 high schools his junior year and 2 or 3 his senior year?Yeah he sounds like the type to stick around.
So, RR is melting down because a 3 star kid that we don't want is waiting until Monday to announce his college decision instead of doing it immediately?? How does that make sense? This news is either mildly positive or basically nothing at all. Why are posters complaining about the wait?

Without a doubt, this kid is a high 4 star in the 2023 class. I would say pretty easily actually. Again, 27 PPG in OTE play. That’s impressive, no matter how you slice it IMHO.
He definitely looks to have talent, especially at his size. We all know the flaws will be exposed quickly but he could be a diamond in the rough this late if he gets a chance to play at all.

Reactions: drleary
So, RR is melting down because a 3 star kid that we don't want is waiting until Monday to announce his college decision instead of doing it immediately?? How does that make sense? This news is either mildly positive or basically nothing at all. Why are posters complaining about the wait?
"that we don't want"? I don't think that is the case, I think most of us want him.
Was he our first or even second choice? No.
And that's the bigger problem, that we are way down the list, and still having trouble assuring ourselves a player.
While I think he is > a 3*, say you are right. A 3* should jump at the chance to go to UK, unless he doesn't have the confidence that he can play in a year or two.

Lol. Not even going to quote idiotic posters so I will just reply in general. So Cal promises the #1 and #2 overall recruits playing time and starting spot on a team that lost 5 or 6 players ??? You can't make this dumb shit up with a straight face good thing for keyboards. What school would not offer them spots ? Name me ONE team that did NOT start #1 or similar ranking player ??? I will wait. Good luck. Maybe, just maybe SOME of the portal guys are scared they do not measure up to the 5 star freshmen. Nah, it's just a UK and Cal thing.

Lol. Not even going to quote idiotic posters so I will just reply in general. So Cal promises the #1 and #2 overall recruits playing time and starting spot on a team that lost 5 or 6 players ??? You can't make this dumb shit up with a straight face good thing for keyboards. What school would not offer them spots ? Name me ONE team that did NOT start #1 or similar ranking player ??? I will wait. Good luck. Maybe, just maybe SOME of the portal guys are scared they do not measure up to the 5 star freshmen. Nah, it's just a UK and Cal thing.
so you are good with the clown coach being told by Bradshaw, a life long center, that he is going to become the next Kevin Durant and play a new position for the 1st time in his career, as a freshman in college. Then he and his entourage, threatens to play for USC with Bronny if he doesn't get his wish OR if UK brigs in another player that would cut into his playing time. Meanwhile, said clown coach cowers in the corner, not daring to do what is best for UK. He no doubt made the same agreement to get Ugo to return. All the while, very good transfer players are ignored because of the prior ultimatums and waiting on 3 guys to return from the draft process. Two of which, he basically knew were not returning - Oscar & Livingston. Again, very little effort is made to replace these guys. And finally, this so called coach, again waiting on a draft returnee, finds out that this guy is returning to college, but only to transfer away from UK. Again, better players were ignored during this waiting period. Now, this useless excuse for a coach doesn't have enough players to have a scrimmage and is openly and publicly being ridiculed and laughed at for his horrible decision making, coaching, and ability to assemble a team. If you are ok with all of this, you should join this clown's staff

You can’t be serious. Please tell us u are joking.

CCC- Can’t Close Cal, I think it’s obvious the kid didn’t hear something he wanted to hear. Tucker still thinks he comes, so I’ll take that as a positive but this is the type of player that would commit as soon as the offer was given 5-6 years ago. If he goes elsewhere on Monday, then it’s safe to say even the most loyal Cal fans need to be worried. Even so, if it’s Burks, Hart, and Somoto that finish out our roster, NO ONE should think we sniff the E8 or better next year. No leadership and a broken coach doesn’t go far these days. Man we need some good news….
How is your crow tasting today ? Can't Close Cal closed again. I know, you will simply move on or bitch about a different player. How about just remaining patient and let things play out instead of knee jerking after EVERY article is posted. Don't believe a lot of what you read, they DONT know wtf is going on inside the program. They don't let idiots know their business.

Here is what happened. He met Cal in person and realized what an arrogant pompous ass he was and said I don’t want to play for that clown. Then he watched some game film and saw all the yelling and non coaching, and playing favorites going on and said UK isn’t the place for me. And ironically this is what our stupid effing coach says all the time and now the recruits are showing that it’s true. Screw you Cal. Get out now. !!!!!!!
Is that what happened, or you just made shit up in your head ? 90% of recruits DO NOT sign on campus during visits. It's OK, we got him and we should be hearing of a couple more.

I think that kids got a lot of potential. I’m glad we got him. To win a national championship we have to have guys that will be 3-4 year players. I hope every recruiting class we take 2-3 guys just like him.

Yeah, I think we learned this year that having too many 5 stars sign up in the same year is not necessarily all that great because portal players stay away. Having some one and dones, some experienced talent and a few portal players may very well be a good recipe for success!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT