ADVERTISEMENT

Jones is shredding UK MBB right now

I heard it all and I can't disagree with a single thing he said. It’s very sobering.
Either Cal is lost, or he's more stubborn than I thought.
Nobody wants to play for this guy, everyone is running from the program except for the Freshmen he made promises to and have no idea what they are in for.

If we sign Somoto, Hart and Burks I’ll be excited. Could be an interesting and entertaining team with 2 sophs and all freshmen.

Could be terrific watching them develop and be the talk of the college bball or a disaster. Probably the former with a full roster.

Maybe not a true contender but a start of a new era with a core group that could be great over the next couple years.

Like to see UK go that route.

Whole program needs blown up and start over.
That's exactly what needs to happen. Mitch needs to be gone because of his selling out UK's soul with those horrific contracts. Cow needs to go so that an "earn your playing time and have fun" can be brought back to UK.

I think that whole "earned not given" shenanigan by Brad was a jab by Cal and his clowns at the UK fans who were (rightfully) claiming that he was promising playing time to recruits.

If we sign Somoto, Hart and Burks I’ll be excited. Could be an interesting and entertaining team with 2 sophs and all freshmen.

Could be terrific watching them develop and be the talk of the college bball or a disaster. Probably the former with a full roster.

Maybe not a true contender but a start of a new era with a core group that could be great over the next couple years.

I know you're poking fun at UK fans, but to clear up the nonsense. The "core" isn't sticking around for a couple of years. They'll either be drafted or transfer.

Yeah I know everyone hates Matt Jones but he is telling the truth here.Kyle Tucker,Ben Roberts and others are now saying the same thing.

I listen to MJ daily. No probs from my side, just don't agree with him on some topics. That is how it should be. The other stuff is for the birds...no room for the hate part IMHO.

I know you're poking fun at UK fans, but to clear up the nonsense. The "core" isn't sticking around for a couple of years. They'll either be drafted or transfer.
Not true. You don’t know that in fact I would bet otherwise.

Sheppard and Adou with the others like Hart, Burks etc will stick. Add in guys Travis Perry and Jasper Johnson and a couple others we will be fine going forward. Got to get the stability back.

Not true. You don’t know that in fact I would bet otherwise.

Sheppard and Adou with the others like Hart, Burks etc will stick. Add in guys Travis Perry and Jasper Johnson and a couple others we will be fine going forward. Got to get the stability back.
Cal does not want to build teams for the future. How is that not clear as a bell to you at this point? His entire MO is about recruiting as many draft picks as possible and riding them to the following draft night. Players are leaving because he doesn't develop them and recruits over them the moment they're on campus.

When Jones says shit you all disagree with, you hate him and think he's a full-of-shit democrat. For instance, when he has criticized our basketball facilities, you all have gone off the rails on him. However, when he says something you all want to hear or want to be true, suddenly he is very knowledgeable and honest. Weird times.

Unless six of the eight freshmen leave at the end of the year.

The majority of fans that know the game understands Cal is done but thanks to our great AD we’re stuck with him until the boosters step in and send him packing.

Looks like the boosters are stepping in. Starving him of NIL money. Not exactly the way I thought it would go down, but it makes sense. After all, they’re going to need that money to go toward his ridiculous buyout.

When Jones says shit you all disagree with, you hate him and think he's a full-of-shit democrat. For instance, when he has criticized our basketball facilities, you all have gone off the rails on him. However, when he says something you all want to hear or want to be true, suddenly he is very knowledgeable and honest. Weird times.
I don't get the hate. The guy provides a service for UK fans and for whatever reason, we hate the guy. Weird.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT