ADVERTISEMENT

Johnell Davis trending towards Arkansas per Travis Branham

Well Pope said Colin Chandler is one of the top talents in all of college basketball.Guess we will see because he will have tons of playing time.

• Haha
Reactions: anonymous_2011
This was known a few days ago already but I guess we can all act like this is shocking news and pout about it.

It ain't over until it's over. We will see what happens. The key thing is to not freak out if it does, because the portal is still open, and not everyone has put their name in yet.

Davis may be good, but does he fit the culture we are trying to build? Did I hear that he wanted guaranteed shots? That’s not what we need a 1 year merc that wants a lot of money and shots. Arkansas can have him.

• Haha
Reactions: Hogs1988 and stuway
When you can't coach, have been trending downward for seasons, can't win in the post season - you reset your grift with a new set of people (if you can find a gullible group), and try to buy what you can't get with your own ability.

Just know - no one is picking Arkansas for the incredible coaching, Blue Blood tradition (LOL) or wonderful location. Selfishness has brought some bad seasons to UK, especially bad post-seasons. Too much ME, NBA, MY DREAMS, MY WAY, MY AGENTS/HANDLERS, MY COACH. We've seen it cannot be managed.

They are working to buy a team and some wins... Money is a temporary fix and motivator at best and often creates more chaos than it solves. I doubt this goes well.

He's not even close to being as good.
Different positions entirely. Smith as a PG would provide a lot of positives. Big fan of his game and the pace he played efficiently. If you are going to play fast-need someone who can keep the pace up and not be chaotic or sporadic.

Davis is a fantastic player. Great get for Arkansas if they land him.

There are going to be players available and to zero in on. Talented wing players are easier to get then bigs and guards in today's game. Now that the staff is together, let's see who they focus on.

Just a reminder that Calipari kept 2 lottery picks, and possibly the best shooters in basketball, in the bench to start games.

Arkansas will lose 10 games and not make it to the weekend of the SEC tournament
Yeah Cal won't do shit with them but it's keeping good players from us and next season might be tough.

Davis may be good, but does he fit the culture we are trying to build? Did I hear that he wanted guaranteed shots? That’s not what we need a 1 year merc that wants a lot of money and shots. Arkansas can have him.
Thing is we have got to start getting some of these guys or we are going to really struggle next year. Its possible to find a negative for every guy thats out there if we look hard enough. I just think its funny how when we miss out on someone people come on here and immediately come up with reasons why it wasn't a good fit to begin with. Sounds like a form of coping.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
I’ve been impatient as far as getting players goes but it’s easy to do considering how crazy it is that so many players are in the portal and none of us are used to the way things are in college basketball now

I’ve been impatient as far as getting players goes but it’s easy to do considering how crazy it is that so many players are in the portal and none of us are used to the way things are in college basketball now
I know people need to learn a little patience. Man they said Pope had a shit ton of visitors this weekend coming up. We just got Brooks today, Hart, and Fueger this week. They have to have a little time to be able to work some magic. I love our fans we are the best fans in America but we are also the most impatient fans in America.

Different positions entirely. Smith as a PG would provide a lot of positives. Big fan of his game and the pace he played efficiently. If you are going to play fast-need someone who can keep the pace up and not be chaotic or sporadic.

Davis is a fantastic player. Great get for Arkansas if they land him.

There are going to be players available and to zero in on. Talented wing players are easier to get then bigs and guards in today's game. Now that the staff is together, let's see who they focus on.
Any idea why he was not even looking at UM with May there?

Any idea why he was not even looking at UM with May there?
Reportedly Michigan couldn't admit him due to the same scenario they couldn't get a few guys into school last year including Caleb Love which was Davis was a SR who hadn't graduated and Admissions wouldn't allow his transfer.

Reactions: Bogansback2Basil
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT