ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Lunardi: Kentucky is "not in the same class" as Purdue or UCONN

CUJO_1970

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2013
EARNED NOT GIVEN
Per Joe Lunardi - Kentucky is not a 1-seed and is not in the same class as Purdue or UCONN.

Also says we are behind Kansas.

I think Kentucky has a better upside than any of these teams. What say you?

We have been on the rise lately not because we have beaten the teams ranked ahead of us, but because some of those teams ranked above us got upset.

We will have to prove him wrong. And that’s exactly what I would tell my tell my team if I were John Calipari and I would have that quote on the bulletin board with all the rest.

Saturday will tell us a lot about our team.
Can we keep our poise?
Can we rebound? Big test to keep the gators off the o board.
Can we shoot in a tough environment?
Can we force our tempo?
Has our half court d improved over the break?
Have Aaron and Ugo settled in and can control the paint.

First of all, we KNOW Lunardi doesn't like UK and (probably for ratings) likes picking on us.
Secondly, to some degree he may be right. Well, he may be right "right now"! Meaning, until Bradshaw or Edwards becomes a consistent force (not an AD level force, but someone we aren't saying take him off the floor for Theiro or Onyenso), or we at least get MORE from him AND Edwards and maybe even Onyenso (or Z becomes eligible and contributes). So, we are (hopefully) far from a final product!!!
Whereas Kansas is what they is, and will be what they are. Same for Purdue. UConn (once the big guy gets healthy) only has the one SF who I see could improve.

Per Joe Lunardi - Kentucky is not a 1-seed and is not in the same class as Purdue or UCONN.

It's what happens on the court after the ball is tipped that matters. He wants to provoke a reaction from BBN because we move needles. He's a clown so why should we care? Play the game and ignore irrelevant distraction.

I think Kentucky has a great upside but they must improve a great deal. Both Kansas and Purdue have both proved themselves by their wins. Anyone can be beat on any given day by an off night or a hot team. He has no reason at this time to think they are at their level because we have yet to prove it. If/when we do then there can be a legitimate conversation about his opinion. Our proving grounds start Saturday at Florida. Let’s hope our defense and rebounding have improved.

If only we could see us matched up with some of these guy like Kansas and . . . . wait we kind of controlled that game till the very end didnt we or was I dreaming that.

Class above? He's a moron. Sure, we could end up failing this season, but we've got more NBA talent than both of those teams combined.
Some here seem to hang on his every word and accept it as gospel. He is a clown and all about media exposure. NBA talent be damned, what does our talent do while they are here? What they do 2 or 3 years down the road has no value between now and March.

Only team out there that scares me is UNCheat. Just don't want to face them again.
I'm fine with playing UConn, Purdue, Zona, etc.

If only we could see us matched up with some of these guy like Kansas and . . . . wait we kind of controlled that game till the very end didnt we or was I dreaming that.
He says that in the article. He says the Champion's classic game could have gone either way.

Reactions: Soupbean
LMFAO.. do you think Kentucky's scared of Purdude or Yukon?
Do you think the Kentucky fans worry about either one of those damn teams in the tournament? Really?
Yukon's owed ass whipping so we hope against hope to see Dukie Hurleys older brother.
Dog turds can beat Purdue in the tournament LOL. Fact.

"Bring them on" as Calipari says. Throw it up and lets find out who's who this year.

“After Kentucky, everyone else is playing for second,” he added. “Big Blue Nation stands apart in its volume and generally positive support for their team.”

Joe Lunardi knows jack and shit. He proves that every year. Not worried about what he thinks he knows. Cuz I guarantee you you don't know more than Kentucky basketball fans know about basketball or who's good in basketball or what's going to happen in basketball..

We know the sport like the back of our hand we watch it more than anybody on the planet and **** Joe lunardi

💯💯💯💯💯💯 Kentucky fans know when they got a good team and we'll see how this plays out for Purdude and Yukon and the big blue

How this guy has managed to make a career out of this (presumably a well-paying career) is one of the greatest heists in sports media history
Ancient astronaut theorist is all these dummies are. Add some of these Analyst and the NCAA to that category.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Some here seem to hang on his every word and accept it as gospel. He is a clown and all about media exposure. NBA talent be damned, what does our talent do while they are here? What they do 2 or 3 years down the road has no value between now and March.

I dont care. I'm saying, based on our talent, potential, and what we've seen from this team early, we arent a tier behind anyone. Now, could we falter, and end up being a bad team? Maybe, but I doubt it. I don't see how you can look at this teams makeup, with arguably the best Freshman in the class, and put us a tier behind a team that has maybe 1 NBA player. I aint buying it.

Only team out there that scares me is UNCheat. Just don't want to face them again.
I'm fine with playing UConn, Purdue, Zona, etc.
I don't think UNCheat is all that good. But...it's always hard to be the same (good) team twice. So, for that reason I'd rather not play them. To me the toughest games would be Houston, Marq, Zona, UConn, Purdue & KU.

If UK's big guys develop and meld with the team, he's nuts.
If UK's big guys lead to confused play, he's ok.

The sheer fact that in the first "real game" of the season we put up the fight we did with zero big man vs. Kansas should tell Lunardi all he needs to know.

Reminds me of the first Rocky movie. Rocky lost because he had no experience on the big stage. Sheer will and grit got him to the final round. Apollo was just too much to handle.

Then there was Rocky II...well that is what UK will be come tourney time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT