ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Goodman says Antonio Reeves is number 40 on his impact transfer players for this year.

Creed Bratton

All-American
May 31, 2018
Lex Town
At this point he doesn't even try to hide that he says this stuff to generate clicks on the website. No person with any sense would have Reeves that low based on the Bahamas trip and the Blue White game unless he hasn't even watched any of those games. If that is the case then he should be fired for not doing his job and covering college basketball.

I am not linking his site but here is the KSR article.

Goodman is an idiot

Lets see if he changes his tune half way through the season. He has not seen him play at UK with great players around him yet. Hopefully he will be proven wrong.

The transfer rankings are pretty much bum all across the board.

Oscar was ranked like 25th, and then became NPOTY. These are the type of skewed ratings you get when it's not an actual entity like rivals or scout who get paid to do the rankings correctly. It's just a bunch of random bias media people making their own uneducated ranking to get some views.

🤔I seen enough of Antonio Reeves against humans that I would say he's top 10. 💯
If he isn't top 10 then something went wrong.
How wrong?✍️
Like Darnell Dodson wrong LOL.....
🚨

✍️Goodman's career sure has taken a tour around the old toilet bowl hasn't it? Where you at now? Sportscoop.com or some shit? 🥹🥹🫠😅

Could look at two ways . . .

1. Its somewhat of a compliment because he's saying or roster is alread strong therefore while Antonio will help he wont be as impactful as 39 others.
2. Its a shot against Antonio because he doesnt think enough of Antonio's talent to think he will make that much difference

Either eay he way off, kid is good and will be a huge piece of the puzzle this year.

Just the fact that he will be a starter on the number 4 ranked team would automatically make him ranked higher that that . Of course I’m not certain he will start .

Reactions: Fox2monk and chroix
That's a lot of good ass players on that list. I don't have as big of a problem with this as some. Could I see Antonio higher? Of course.

The guy ranked 1 spot ahead of him could make a case to be higher ranked too. He's going to be very good for Xavier.

Reactions: Fox2monk
At this point he doesn't even try to hide that he says this stuff to generate clicks on the website. No person with any sense would have Reeves that low based on the Bahamas trip and the Blue White game unless he hasn't even watched any of those games. If that is the case then he should be fired for not doing his job and covering college basketball.

Goodman is an idiot
He definitely needs to lay off of his current habit

image-w1280.jpg

Not a fan of Goodman.

But I am not sure about Reeves’ impact on this team. We are so loaded on the wings, it is hard to say who is going to make a big impact.

We have three guys in that 6’5-6’6 range that could emerge as a star. Reeves seems to be this board’s favorite. Livingston is a physical specimen and has elite athleticism. Theiro looks like the biggest surprise on the roster.

Reeves will make an impact, but compared to other transfers who are stepping in to starting roles on depleted rosters, he might not make as big of an impact.

Goodman is an idiot
What a buffoon. After doing a little research, as far as I can tell, there is no indication of him playing any sport in any of his profiles. He's just another no nothing trying to get CLICKS to be relevant. He's had nothing but a downward spiral for several years, that's why he's at Stadium. He's clueless.

Reactions: Fox2monk

Goodman is an idiot
The only thing that could even remotely make sense is he wrote that 5 months ago but still I doubt 39 transfers above him even before he played for us. 20ppg is nothing to sneeze at no matter where they came from. He had Bates, Hopkins, Brooks, and Curbelo all rated far ahead of him 🤣. That’s a joke of a list, seems like he found an end of last year ranking of transfers in the portal and copy pasted it. Emoni Bates is laughable at 11. Curbelo won’t shoot 15% from 3 this year. Brooks isn’t on Reeves level but at least he’s productive and Hopkins has potential but he’s not getting 19ppg effortlessly and shooting 49% from 3.

Last edited:
Maybe key word is impact. There aren’t 39 better transfers than him.
Even then his impact on the team is already felt IMO, he’s a go to scorer and that’s already easily seen in our five games. He’s a bucket! He’s like Lamb but bigger and more dangerous. When he shoots I expect it to go in.

Goodman is an idiot
6-12 from 3pt and leading a top 5 team in scoring on opening night. Yeah, Jeffie, there are 39 other transfer players that are going to have a bigger impact on college basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT