ADVERTISEMENT

Jealousy with NIL

Do you ever feel jealous or envious?
It's part of our makeup.
It's how we handle it that determines its affect.
But we are Adults. We have had years to handle it. These are kids who at this age may not understand since all have been given a trophy in the past.

College has a draft. It called portal players.
The portal is free agency without a salary cap.

The only equivalent of a draft would be if high school recruits were forced to go to certain schools based on reverse order of the previous seasons standings.

You wouldn’t think but people won’t stop watching. They will continue to cheer every year for new players. It will be like a pro league basically. Especially for teams that have a ton of cash to spend each year.
Also, it's the wild west currently... it will wind down... NIL boosters will get burned or at least get no return on their investment. It's not returning to how it was (nor should it), but it won't be as crazy as it is now (maybe just for the uber-elite). But there is a lot of growing and learning still to come.
For instance... I can envision the day (soon) when a team wins a championship, and their entire roster is bought out by Texas boosters. We are fortunate that UT boosters care little about basketball. It's easy to buy a whole basketball team... it's a little more challenging to buy a football team.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Also, it's the wild west currently... it will wind down... NIL boosters will get burned or at least get no return on their investment. It's not returning to how it was (nor should it), but it won't be as crazy as it is now (maybe just for the uber-elite). But there is a lot of growing and learning still to come.
For instance... I can envision the day (soon) when a team wins a championship, and their entire roster is bought out by Texas boosters. We are fortunate that UT boosters care little about basketball. It's easy to buy a whole basketball team... it's a little more challenging to buy a football team.
I just read where FedEx pledged $25 million to the Memphis program......

• Wow
Reactions: Fox2monk and blubo
I just read where FedEx pledged $25 million to the Memphis program......
I saw that too... but it's for $5 mill/year over 5 years, and not only basketball. Won't be creating the UCLA scenario of the 60s-70s on that.

Reactions: awf
I saw that too... but it's for $5 mill/year over 5 years, and not only basketball. Won't be creating the UCLA scenario of the 60s-70s on that.
Thank G......it was about Memphis so I only read the headline......it's still $25mil.......

Reactions: rabbitTown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT